sunsilk base elements ad | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

sunsilk base elements ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
g0tigers said:
Collingwood may be sad for doing these ads, but the thing is that they are playing FINALS footy. Im sure if we were playing as well as them, then no one on here would care about our boys doing poofy hair comerials.

Speak for yourself g0tigers. what are u saying u like the ad? ??? That ad has CRINGEwritten all over it regardless of allegiance. I could possibly understand promoting condoms with Joel bowden holding the packet saying "no more clangers for me", first place to banner it would be on the pies forum since i doubt most of them would be in school long enough to have caught safe sex ed..

sure its not a great and those guys should stick to playing footy but if you look at it from a marketing point of view sunsilk have struck a gold mine.
Collingwood have a HUGE supporter base and i wouldnt put it past any of the pies supporters that i know that they'd only buy the stuff cos the saw 'wakes' using it in an ad. so if u think about it like that its a great ad

Trying to sell shampoo or any hygiene product to Collingwood fans strikes me as ironic. Have you ever seen a Collingwood fan who knows the purpose of a shower?

understand promoting condoms with Joel bowden holding the packet saying "no more clangers for me"

Joel should be saying "If only Dad had had access to these, those Guys on PRE would have nothing to *smile* about". ; ;D ;D

stupid ad anyway.. just goes to show eddie everywhere would sell his players for anything.

he is the greatest pimp of all time

Who cares if their in the finals gotigers that add just plain sucks, and even if we were in the finals they,d never get the tiges to do an add , the magpies are the media pretty boys.

FoX said:
Speak for yourself g0tigers. what are u saying u like the ad? ??? That ad has CRINGEwritten all over it regardless of allegiance. I could possibly understand promoting condoms with Joel bowden holding the packet saying "no more clangers for me", first place to banner it would be on the pies forum since i doubt most of them would be in school long enough to have caught safe sex ed..

If youd bothered to read back over the past posts ud see that i said i thought the ad was crap. i was just stating what i thought. And your right, ppl here still would probably *smile* even if we were playing finals footy, coz thats all some ppl here no how to do.

Chelle - completely right.

Wjp - No need to jump on my back, just saying what i thought :mad: Ever opened an AFL record? There is a tiger ad on the back of the front page. And if Richmond and collingwood swap places i reckon we would be doing adds. The point is collingwood are playing great footy, so everyone wants to sponser them, so they can advertise their products. Richmond dont do adds coz we are a pathetic excuse of a footy team atm.

the only ad i can think of that we have done was that one last year when we were looking for new members. it was that one where some guy is watching a game on tv, and the dud, richo, gas and campbo came into his house. they sat down on the couch and danny said ''well if your not at the game...?!?". geez, what a poor excuse for an ad. ::)

but seriously, sorry if anyone doesnt agree here, but collingwood is the new "IT" team. they're everywhere now, and its because they are tasting success (something that we have forgotten about). you see on all the finals commercials on channel 10, every second person on that ad is from collingwood. you see them everywhere. dont get me wrong, i hate CFC, and i hate the ad too, but as people have said before, its all in the name of marketing. but just wait and see, their time in the sun will fade soon, and (hopefully) it'll be our turn to step up and be everywhere. (but please, in the love of god, DON'T make us do stupid ads like the collingwood one! ;D)

They may well be the "It" team at the moment Cogs but they are kidding themselves with that add.
It's as camp as a row of tents. :-* :-*

By the way,
If Frawley just barged into my house as he does on that add and sat in my chair I would smash him thru the wall and send the bill to the club. The others are welcome but not that tool.
Go Tiges

I actually liked the commercial with spud and the boys :rollin much better than a girly shampoo ad. Although those richmond ads we were doing at the start of the year, where they had two supporters chasing magpies and bulldogs depending who we were playing were embarrassing to watch :-[

I don't much like the ad but you gotta love that stupid wanky laugh from Lokan. ;D
Besides, isn't it nice to see opposition players making fools of themselves?

Dear gotigers if you thought i was jumping on your back i appolagise its just that i despise collingwood and anyone who sticks up for them and you being a richmond supporter i certainly dont think you would do that ? would i ?

After reading halfway down that first page of - what was it, Nick's Page???? I now know why I watch the ABC. If the quality of the posts are anything like the ad, which I haven't seen, then I don't think I've missed much as most of my commercial viewing is footy (or cricket) and our ad-breaks are to do with tractors or worming, y'know, the important things in life.

Still for all the girls' sakes, hope one day Cogs gets to do an ad for Palmolive soap or somesuch.

Why are we even talking about this on this thread.......

All things those colours are not supposed to be discussed on this thread.

After all this is "for all things YELLOW and BLACK"

WJP: IF comes to me having to barrack between Collingwood and any of hte Adelaide teams, I would cheer for Collingwood hands down easily. NO choice. Adelaide teams I despise more than any other especially Port.

Status
Not open for further replies.