Supercoach Bargain Players ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Supercoach Bargain Players ?

Disco08 said:
OK all you peeps who were too precious (jk) to tell us your secrets, lockout is here so spill the beans. ;D

FWIW, I think any decent team this year has to include Higgins, Rich, Otten, Raines, Anthony, Walker, Brown and probably Hasleby. The best of the premiums IMO were Deledio, Goodwin, Cornes, Heath Shaw and possibly Selwood.

Raines was in my team too, but he hasn't worked out for us though has he? I hate to say it but after friday I can't see him being rushed back into the team any time soon when gets fit.

Bloody Anthony got a stress fracture too

tannerztigers said:
Depends on the quality of your two emergencies in the backline.

I've got Petrenko and Suckling so I would swap Petrenko in.

I haven't played this before but does Raines' price go down given he is out injured for a while?

YinnarTiger said:

I haven't played this before but does Raines' price go down given he is out injured for a while?

It will, But not next week the week after it will.
Usually after the first game player value stays the same.

YinnarTiger said:
Should I trade out Raines?

I have Raines & Cuz and prob trade them both.
You don't play against fellow league teams in the first 4 rounds, So If Raines is only gonna be out for only a couple I keep him.
But it's looking like a 4-5.

I'm pretty happy with the way my first round has gone except for the 2 injuries..........No more please. :mad:
Captain Ablett, Judd, Newman, Richo, Simmonds, Franklin & R.Houlihan all scored well for me.
With players like Cox, Masten, C.Cornes & Drummond to go.

I fell for the mistake of selecting too many tiger players. Also had Raines and will consider burning a trade on him.
Very disappointing round 1 in so many ways, didn't even crack 2000. Some of my BIG names had low scores argh !

YinnarTiger said:

No it won't, a player's value is only affected by games they play. If he doesn't play his value won't change.

Trading Raines is probably OK unless you have someone likely to score OK in the meantime, like Petrenko, Suban or Suckling. I wouldn't be trading anyone that's not injured though. Save that for next week when you pretty much know who's going to increase in price dramatically.

tenchy, I wouldn't use up trades for anything except long term injury at this stage.

Disco08 said:
tenchy, I wouldn't use up trades for anything except long term injury at this stage.
I hear you Disco, just tossing up weather to get rid of raines might need the cash to upgrade or maybe go with cheny? maybe waite another week so everybodys price remains the same?

Have you got Houlihan already mate? He's only 20k or so more than Raines and should go up in price plenty. Trading down to someone like Cheney is a decent option too. It's probably not even too bad an idea to play someone off the bench until Raines gets back.

Along with so many others, I have Raines in my side. Will definitely not be trading him out this week even though he's obviously not going to be playing. Really want to assess blokes like Cheney and Hurley this weekend, don't see the point of bringing in someone like Cheney only to have him score 30 this week. After this weekend we'll have more of a form line and an indication of how guys will be played. No changes in value until after round three has been played, so there's no hurry to make trades this week unless you had a number of guys not playing last weekend.

As Disco says, the best course of action will be to wait until after this weekend so we know exactly who's going to be sky-rocketing in value. If I had to nominate one now though I probably put my money on Hurley, he looked like he reads the play pretty well, plus the Bombers have a pretty fair run in the first 6 weeks, so should increase in value.

mexican_radio said:
I burned 2 trades already, I couldn't stop myself! Nooooooooo

Dude, you used trades before the teams were even named??? That can't be a good move. IMO you should never make trades before the Sundayteams are finalised, unless the guys you want to put in are named in the starting 18 on Thursday night.

Disco08 said:
Cheney did really well in the pre season and seems pretty mature.

He played every game and seems to have a fair build, but I need to have another look at him. I'm guessing he averaged about 60 in the preseason going by his dreamteam scores (not bad for a bottom priced player and considering shorter quarters), just don't see the point in pulling the trigger now if I don't have to.

If he scores above say 80 next round I'll seriously consider him, but if Hurley scored at around the same level I'd probably go with him even though his price is higher. I think Hurley could be far more important to Essendon's structure than Cheney might be to Melbourne. The problem with this though is whether he might be expected to just do a job at times which could seriously impact on his scoring.

Then of course there's the possibility of choosing Ricky Petterd if he has another good week. Didn't score quite as well as the other two boys in the opening round and is a bit more expensive, but he's got the advantage of having been in the system a bit longer than the other two and he tends to use the ball quite well too. If he stays fit (another concern :-\) he could be a better medium term proposition than the other two, enabling a possible straight swap for a premium player after say round 8-10. What's really needed here is for a bloke like Hodge to continue his slowish start to the season which would see his value plummet.

My immediate concern this week is the hope that Broughton gets a game for Freo this weekend, which is fortunately quite likely given the performance his team mates put up in the last round. This would mean that I should have a full complement of defenders to choose from with the obvious exception of Raines. I'd rather take an average score from Petrenko and not have to use a trade this week than use a trade simply because I have an injured player in my lineup. The benefit of getting a good second look at the likely candidates to replace Raines could far outway that matter of 10-20 points difference that playing Petrenko might present.

Trading Raines for Cheney this week would give some spare change. I could then trade Leuenberger for Ottens in the ruck.

Yinnar, don't trade anyone unless they're injured, dropped or completely out of form. Certainly don't make that trade after one game mate. For all you know Ottens might score 20 the next 3 weeks and Leuenberger might kill it. Let things settle down first. Next week trade in the good cash cows you don't already have like Robinson, Cheney, Rich etc.