Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
What do we think Stacks position is in 2020?

I loved him in the back line, thought he played some fantastic intercept, link and metre gaining work from the back half.

Showed some nous as a forward but struggled to stay involved as well as we would have liked. Then, instead of switching him back to regain form we dropped him.

I’d like to see him moved back again, or maybe Ellis’ position on a wing provided he can get his fitness up to scratch

A comprehensive 2019 highlights package for you to enjoy

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

TigerMad

All for one and one for all
Dec 18, 2002
Thanks TT

Wow

Gonna love watching this guy for many years !

Reactions: 1 user

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I think we are waiting for him to get a tank and then he is a mid/wing . He would be dynamite at the centre bounces

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
Backline until he gets a tank to play mid for me. Unsure who he replaces in the current backline though.

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
Some of the things he does are from the absolute top shelf.
Why on earth did they move him forward? His intercept marking and slice and dice are Grimes like. Best first year player at Tigerland since Knights. What a talent

Reactions: 3 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Thanks also TT, that is surely one of the best highlight reels of anyone in the AFL, let alone a 19 year old first year player.

Cannot wait to the what he does after a pre season...

:p

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMad

All for one and one for all
Dec 18, 2002
Never understood why , when he was doing well down back, and they moved him forward with mixed success, that the next move was to be dropped?

I am hearing he had some off field that needed addressing ..............which makes a bit more sense.

If so, hopefully the resulting injury and missing the GF will be a huge lesson learned.

I am so proud of the club to back themselves to be able to nurture individuals, and stay true to the group culture.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Do we really need two rucks for "Get me a chair and a ciggie" Mumford

In the end we could have probably played with half a team and still won. But having tow rucks was critical to completely wasting Mumford on grand final day.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Never understood why , when he was doing well down back, and they moved him forward with mixed success, that the next move was to be dropped?

I am hearing he had some off field that needed addressing ..............which makes a bit more sense.

Disagree with the mixed success. He was a powerhouse forward especially in the first few. Was kicking goals, tackling, pressuring, everything expected of a forward and was probably our best performing forward. He was clearly tiring as a first year player - as most do - and that last game against Carlton was a bit of a shocker. I believe there was a disciplinary issue which caused him to be dropped. Pity he then was injured in reserves but he probably needed time off from the top level anyway. Probably should have given him 3 weeks back in reserves in preparation for finals. Hindsight is a wonderful thing though.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
HS mention today of his latest contract says it’s “heavily incentive based that rewards him if he returns for pre-season in great shape after battling in previous off-seasons”

Be win-win if he sticks to that.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Can't wait to see Stack team up with Pickett Bolton and Edwards in the middle.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
HS mention today of his latest contract says it’s “heavily incentive based that rewards him if he returns for pre-season in great shape after battling in previous off-seasons”

Be win-win if he sticks to that.
Yeah, I read that. “Previous off seasonS”. He’s only had one.

• Haha

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Hopefully he sticks tight with Pickett Bolton and Rioli this off season and comes back in good condition

TigerTribe5

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 14, 2010
What do we think Stacks position is in 2020?

I loved him in the back line, thought he played some fantastic intercept, link and metre gaining work from the back half.

Showed some nous as a forward but struggled to stay involved as well as we would have liked. Then, instead of switching him back to regain form we dropped him.

I’d like to see him moved back again, or maybe Ellis’ position on a wing provided he can get his fitness up to scratch

A comprehensive 2019 highlights package for you to enjoy

And what a highlights package - incredible!
If that's his first year cant wait to see the next 5!

Maybe like Dusty - just let him play where he thinks best.
I did think he was amazing off half-back though.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Had a little bit to do with Syd this year and after a chat with him at the JDM on Tuesday night the one thing that stood out to me was “ maturity” I really think as much as he loved been part of the club and the VFL success it actually cut him deep that he missed out of an AFL flag , fact is if he had one more week of footy he would have played, I think will see a big pre season from Syd, hopefully the brothers look after each other while away.

Reactions: 7 users