Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

While I'm frustrated, I feel a bit for the kid. He returned to the club in good nick last pre-season, but let himself down when the season was suspended due to Covid and came back in poor condition.
I wonder what might have been if covid hadn't happened, the routine of a relatively stable life of training and playing, and the involvement that he had with the Korin Gamadji Institute, is what he really needed.
I get what you mean and I was happy the club didn't cut him loose after the hub breach. Covid's been hard on everyone (harder on most in the general community than it has been on these blokes). But he's just taking the *smile* now.

Reactions: 4 users
While I'm frustrated, I feel a bit for the kid. He returned to the club in good nick last pre-season, but let himself down when the season was suspended due to Covid and came back in poor condition.
I wonder what might have been if covid hadn't happened, the routine of a relatively stable life of training and playing, and the involvement that he had with the Korin Gamadji Institute, is what he really needed.
T'man I disagree that he came back in good condition, after watching training I were gobsmacked that the club had activated the bonus clause in his contract and posted as such. What did his pre lockdown form suggest to you?
Another case of the club pandering or trying to encourage Stacky to knuckle down like gifting him games he shouldn't have got.

Reactions: 7 users
We need to let this one run its course. The matter is before a court, so no doubt the club will not act before that is finalised.

There is a fair bit of murkiness surrounding the events apparently and the situation is not as clear as being reported.

There is even a suggestion doing the rounds that Stack's situation may have exposed a serious loophole in the WA Covid requirements.

Irrespective of that though, Stack looks to have really screwed this one up on a number of fronts. One of the most concerning things I have heard is that the club only found out about this through the media. I have no idea if that is true, but if so, it is a massive affront to those that have backed him, including his manager Paul Peos.

Peos is no dill, and I'd bet my bottom dollar that if he knew about this, he would have been straight on the phone to the club. So the suggestion seems to be that Peos didn't know about it either.

Reactions: 3 users
T'man I disagree that he came back in good condition, after watching training I were gobsmacked that the club had activated the bonus clause in his contract and posted as such. What did his pre lockdown form suggest to you?
Another case of the club pandering or trying to encourage Stacky to knuckle down like gifting him games he shouldn't have got.
I'll defer to you there caesar, I thought he and Bolton had trained together in Perth.
As to his form it was only a small sample size because the season was suspended after 1 game.

Last edited:
Breached COVID isolation rules while still serving a playing suspension for breaching COVID isolation (govt./AFL hub) rules. Very hard for the club to keep him now.

I'll defer to you there caesar, I though he and Bolton trained together in Perth.
As to his form it was only a small sample size because the season was suspended after 1 game.
You will find that Shai actually “ keeps his distance “ from this lunatic !! . Today is just one of many hiccups you will find . Enough of the rubbish , should of been cut 12 months !

Reactions: 5 users
The kid has pretty much now self identified as a Dickkhead.

There is NO room for those these days at the RFC and he's had a few strikes now which have exhibited nil judgement, a complete recklessness, sheer selfishness, and a near indifferent lack of common sense!

He also helped cost the RFC $100k to top it off, and heaven forbid even worse sanctions leading to no finals or points being stripped etc.

Sad if Syd wastes his career for mine as I am one of his biggest fans and could see great things for him but alas looks likely not to be at the moment, but nothing is final yet.

If this bloke cant get his *smile* together with a bloke named Marlion Pickett alongside to reference to and learn from not to mention Sheds and Daniel and X Man and Shai and Jack, Dusty, Grimes, Bash, Ivan Maric, Dimma, Leppa, Rance and Chimpa here to help guide him for the past
2 years within a successful club that is experiencing its greatest ever era he's likely a lost cause.

Kid might spend his life rapping and pretending to be a millionaire and what he'd do as opposed to playing ten years of good footy at the RFC and guaranteeing that he'd be a multi millionaire when he's done, with more fans and greater star cred.

Maybe they will give him the arse and let someone play who will buy into the RFC culture and relish such an opportunity.

The answer will be known soon enough.

Silly Boy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
I'll defer to you there caesar, I though he and Bolton trained together in Perth.
That was rumoured by someone but have never seen anything in print that it was fact.

Reactions: 1 users
Caesar aparantly it was on SEN some stage or in print media that Shai had trained with Syd in the pre season prior to us taking him back in Perth over the X mas break when they returned home.

I certainly remember hearing it or reading it, as I am one of the posters who have made reference to it a few times.

I can't account for the validity of it but I do recall having seen it and / or heard it referenced.

That was 2018 into 2019 however not the last pre season.

Caesar aparantly it was on SEN some stage or in print media that Shai had trained with Syd in the pre season prior to us taking him back in Perth over the X mas break when they returned home.

I certainly remember hearing it or reading it, as I am one of the posters who have made reference to it a few times.

I can't account for the validity of it but I do recall having seen it and / or heard it referenced.

Guarantee he didn’t train in Perth . And he hasn’t been with Shai

Fair enough, you have at least clarified it wasn't last off-season leading into this one.

Reactions: 1 user
Guarantee he didn’t train in Perth . And he hasn’t been with Shai

Cheers Stig, thanks for that!

I know your connection to the club and like I said I cant account for the validity of what I heard or read, but I do remember it otherwise I would not ahve posted it.

That paints a dim picture if you are right and with your connection I have little reason to doubt your correction of my comment..

Fair enough, you have at least clarified it wasn't last off-season leading into this one.
Cheers Caesar!

According to Stig that information I referenced to was likely incorrect.

So thats quite dissapointing but you were spot on with your report pre season re Syd returning in poor condition.

Noah Balta also came back in poor nick along with maybe another one or two others.

Both of them were poor over pre season games but as we know Noah got his fitness and form going, but Sydney never looked likely all year, and was disinterested and played disinterested.

Was gifted way too many games to try and shock him into form but it never happened thus eventually he was dropped.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
what ?? prison for a Covid breach or 2 FFS.

If he was a white non footballer, it wouldn't have even made the papers

Taz - do you have stack on instagram? I can guarantee this wasn't the 1st time. He's clearly been constantly breaching Covid isolation rules. I'd be surprised if he's spent even 1 day at home.