Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

Latest from Perth
1. Was given approval to enter WA on compassionate grounds to be here for his Grandfather's funeral. Didn't end up staying in Northam because he had a row with his Grandmother. Went to stay in Belmont with other family members?? I think it's actually the girlfriend who lives in Belmont.
2. Came to WAPOL's attention in Northbridge because they were in the process of handing him a Move-On Notice for being D&D and when they ran him through the system they realised he should have been in quarantine in Northam.
3. Asked for bail because "My AFL career is on the line" - Denied bail and will face court on Monday for sentencing.

I'd guess he is going to get caught out on a number of falsehood in regards declarations on his G2G, to WAPOL and to RFC.
Lies to authorities, lies to the club, lies to his team mates and lies to himself, don't know why people feel for him.

Reactions: 8 users
Latest from Perth
1. Was given approval to enter WA on compassionate grounds to be here for his Grandfather's funeral. Didn't end up staying in Northam because he had a row with his Grandmother. Went to stay in Belmont with other family members?? I think it's actually the girlfriend who lives in Belmont.
2. Came to WAPOL's attention in Northbridge because they were in the process of handing him a Move-On Notice for being D&D and when they ran him through the system they realised he should have been in quarantine in Northam.
3. Asked for bail because "My AFL career is on the line" - Denied bail and will face court on Monday for sentencing.

I'd guess he is going to get caught out on a number of falsehood in regards declarations on his G2G, to WAPOL and to RFC.
Sounds like he has no stable family structure in W.A.
Obviously more complicated than most of us have ever experienced.
Should of course be more disciplined with his behaviour after 2 yrs in a professional sporting environment but just seems like a very immature kid who will need time to fully grasp the value of the opportunity that was presented.

Reactions: 3 users
Syd's got a funny way of showing that he cares about his footy career.

Will be a shame if he's lost to the RFC and fans, he captured my heart with that speccy mark and hit on Viney.

Reactions: 2 users
Serious case of lack of maturity. Plus seeming lack of family stability that we will never understand.

Tigers have done all that they can do for him. Time to cut ties and move on. Happy to get his spot to Eggy.

Reactions: 2 users
Lies to authorities, lies to the club, lies to his team mates and lies to himself, don't know why people feel for him.
Feel for us. Possibly use another pick in the draft. And another kid who has busted his balls to have a go at AFL misses because that spot not there. Pure selfishness.

Reactions: 4 users
I will be surprised if this is the last time he gets locked up.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone who has him on Insta knows that he hasn't been self quarantining. He's been out and about constantly. Was in a car with a family member on one video, tagged himself in a gym in another. Clearly doesn't respond well to "rules".

There may have been a death in the family, a few days ago had a video of him wearing a shirt with an older blokes face on it, saying that he will miss him, which sounds a lot like there was a death somewhere along the line. Maybe it wasn't a direct family member but another "grandfather".

I'd think this is the end for him at RFC, doesn't have the desire to deal with things the Richmond way.
Yes looks more likely that Grandad was extended rather than direct family

Reactions: 1 user
Cnl 7 reporting that witnesses have Stack brawling outside a Perth nightclub

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
He arrived on a flight from Adelaide. SA is classed as "low risk" by WA (as opposed to "very low risk"), which requires 14 days' self-quarantine.
"Stack landed in Perth last Thursday on a flight from Melbourne with a short stopover at Adelaide airport and was issued a direction to self-quarantine at a Northam home for two weeks."

I would give him one last chance.

If it was coming off his 2019 season id definately agree.

But i reckon hes GONE.

Shame.

Nobody can take the memory of Viney getting sat down away from us though.

All the best Stackman

Reactions: 5 users
There is a silver lining to this. A decade long message to other players/draftees that regardless of your ability, you have certain standards to maintain or you are goneski. The other side of the ledger is Marlion who has been bloody amazing in being a dual premiership player and I hope like hell he gets another one...or two....or three....

• Love
You can lead a horse to water ......

I think we have been more than good to this kid, giving him an opportunity that no one else would , and this is what he does in return ,

cut our losses , wish him all the best , see ya later

Reactions: 1 user
Serious case of lack of maturity. Plus seeming lack of family stability that we will never understand.

Tigers have done all that they can do for him. Time to cut ties and move on. Happy to get his spot to Eggy.

No way.
Eggy is no goody

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
While I'm frustrated, I feel a bit for the kid. He returned to the club in good nick last pre-season, but let himself down when the season was suspended due to Covid and came back in poor condition.
I wonder what might have been if covid hadn't happened, the routine of a relatively stable life of training and playing, and the involvement that he had with the Korin Gamadji Institute, is what he really needed.