Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Just *smile* him off. He’s had enough chances already.
You cant keep on giving him chances.
What would the other kids think?
He was very lucky they didnt *smile* him off after the late night kehab.
This is a very easy decision for the club.
He was sent home and he was warned and now he breaks Covid rules.

Reactions: 3 users

percyms

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
My view - if all is true as reported then sack him. Dont need this crap in what is a great team,

Reactions: 1 users

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Glad this happened now and not in the second half of the season with unwanted media hype and another player down in an already reduced sized list

Reactions: 3 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
The ABC are reporting he was given permission to enter WA from SA on condition he quarantine at an address in Northam.

I assume they got their facts wrong?
He arrived on a flight from Adelaide. SA is classed as "low risk" by WA (as opposed to "very low risk"), which requires 14 days' self-quarantine.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Give a kid an opportunity who really wants to play Afl.
Unfortunately, his selfishness on this and previous occasions will make it even harder for kids with issues to be considered.
Really disappointed for everyone at the club who have gone out on a limb for him.

Reactions: 4 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
The ABC are reporting he was given permission to enter WA from SA on condition he quarantine at an address in Northam.

I assume they got their facts wrong?
Melbourne to Perth via Adelaide might have been the only available flight, or the cheapest.

jimbob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 20, 2008
Traralgon
Not the first to waste his talent in sport and won’t be the last. He was passed over in the draft for a good reason and it wasn’t lack of talent. Had a real go last year in 2019. Pushed himself physically and showed his ability. Then turned up in below average shape for preseason this year gone. Looked to be carrying some blubber around the guts when he did play. His form was very average and to be honest, got games when he should have been dropped. If this is true. Would think he is done and dusted. A W.A club will give him a go. He’ll show a bit and then get dropped and disappear into oblivion. He hasn’t got the message which means he never will. Good luck Syd with the rest of your life and hope you can get settled.

Reactions: 1 user

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
Latest from Perth
1. Was given approval to enter WA on compassionate grounds to be here for his Grandfather's funeral. Didn't end up staying in Northam because he had a row with his Grandmother. Went to stay in Belmont with other family members?? I think it's actually the girlfriend who lives in Belmont.
2. Came to WAPOL's attention in Northbridge because they were in the process of handing him a Move-On Notice for being D&D and when they ran him through the system they realised he should have been in quarantine in Northam.
3. Asked for bail because "My AFL career is on the line" - Denied bail and will face court on Monday for sentencing.

I'd guess he is going to get caught out on a number of falsehood in regards declarations on his G2G, to WAPOL and to RFC.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
I’d like to say he’s on his absolute last chance, but I think he may be gone.

Which is a shame given his early promise. If he can’t look at someone like Pickett who did as tough as he did and came out the other side, I’m not sure the penny will drop with Stacky.

Not sure he could've landed in a better situation at Punt Road. If he can't make it here... not sure other clubs will role the dice. WA clubs only and it will take a year of good WAFL behaviour, not form. Maybe two years.

Although part of me thinks, it's all quarantine related so once that goes he will be ok.

But.. it's time.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Anyone who has him on Insta knows that he hasn't been self quarantining. He's been out and about constantly. Was in a car with a family member on one video, tagged himself in a gym in another. Clearly doesn't respond well to "rules".

There may have been a death in the family, a few days ago had a video of him wearing a shirt with an older blokes face on it, saying that he will miss him, which sounds a lot like there was a death somewhere along the line. Maybe it wasn't a direct family member but another "grandfather".

I'd think this is the end for him at RFC, doesn't have the desire to deal with things the Richmond way.

Reactions: 5 users