Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Asked if he would be able to return to Melbourne for training, Stack's manager Paul Peos said the sentencing date would make it difficult.

"You heard the date that we got," he said.

That sucks :mad:

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Pleaded guilty. Bail has been extended. Will be sentenced on 25th March! Magistrate has requested pre- sentencing report and psychiatric report.
Who knows what happens before then.......? Is he allowed to leave WA?

FFS

Reactions: 3 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
sentencing? he's already served time. just give him a fine and be done with it. psychiatric report lol. whole system is a farce.

Reactions: 5 users

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Judicial system really making its point.
Don't get me wrong he stuffed up big time.
They are really making an example of him.
Almost baiting him to stuff up again making him wait this long till mid March.

Has to be time already served and community order of some type.
Don't understand why they didn't just say the same today and deport him back to Melbourne.
This is bogus.

Hang tough, Stacky!
Tiger Tough!

Reactions: 1 users

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
How many other persons gave been hit with this sort of punishment for a covid breach??

For god's sake he has already spent 3 weeks in jail.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
How many other persons gave been hit with this sort of punishment for a covid breach??

For god's sake he has already spent 3 weeks in jail.

yes this is really strange but it sounds from the age article that his lawyer requested that the two reports be submitted as part of the sentencing process but his manager is clearly frustrated by the whole process.

On the surface it sounds as if he has been punished more than enough - I can’t see why he can’t return to Melbourne for 2 months to train - surely he is not being kept in jail till the 25 March.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Go catch the real criminals out there or the ones you let out on bail with a slap on the wrist that's the issue I have .I don't condone Stack incident, but 3 weeks jail and over 2 months to sentencing become a joke.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Go catch the real criminals out there or the ones you let out on bail with a slap on the wrist that'sthe issue I have .I don't condone Stack incident, butt 3 weeks jail and over 2 months to sentencing become a joke.
Are all the Magistrates on Holidays or summit??

Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
  • Haha

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Harsh but the judicial system ain’t moulded around the needs of elite athletes , as they say in the classics , do the crime, do the time , my patience is waning as I’m dirty he’s occupying a precious spot on the list that I’m not convinced he will capitalise on

• Angry

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Can he fly back to Victoria, quarantine for 2 weeks, complete 5 week of pre-season training, then return to WA 2 weeks prior to sentencing?

deedee

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 12, 2011
2 month wait is harsh, gives him plenty of time to work on his fittness, hope he has good people around him.

Reactions: 1 user

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
There is an election in WA coming up. Methinks he may be used politically as an example by the incumbent. I haven’t checked the timing but this would not surprise me at all. I am so over all politicians.

Reactions: 2 users