Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
How many people are in gaol in other states?

Is WA the only state that's locking people up?

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
I am hoping for a positive outcome for Sydney, he gets back to Melbourne to play footy and get his life back on track.

I am not sure where he will be at Richmond next year, but hopefully his exceptional talent is not wasted.

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Western Australia, desert hillbillys.

WAxit :rotfl1

Set them free and let them eat iron ore
Yeh mate - I grew up there and got out as soon as I could. It’s a real parochial, small minded fools paradise. I can’t even stand visiting the place.

Reactions: 3 users

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Wow!! So a woman got 6 months. Don't remember reading or hearing that anywhere.

Wonder if Stacky will cop the same???

Billy24

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2014
From what I read, Stacks lawyer wants to submit a psychological report pre sentencing. Apparently these can take up to 6 weeks to prepare so the magistrate has allowed some “extra time” to prepare it.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Keep clear of WA.
The Thailand of Australia.
Don't pay parking ticket ...5 years jail
Caught speeding...10 years jail
Covid breach...death sentence

Let the kid go. This could *smile* him over.
There's no lesson in this. 3 weeks behind bars was sufficient enough.
If he committed the same crime in Victoria they would've cancelled his fine.

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Yeh mate - I grew up there and got out as soon as I could. It’s a real parochial, small minded fools paradise. I can’t even stand visiting the place.

and that was before it became destination No.1 for export quality South Africaans, I imagine?

• Haha

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Keep clear of WA.
The Thailand of Australia.
Don't pay parking ticket ...5 years jail
Caught speeding...10 years jail
Covid breach...death sentence

Let the kid go. This could *smile* him over.
There's no lesson in this. 3 weeks behind bars was sufficient enough.
If he committed the same crime in Victoria they would've cancelled his fine.
Wa is gods own country zips, being retired and thanks to Mark McGowan, we've been able to have 3 great touring holidays in the last 12 months. Esperance, Bremer Bay, Denmark, Margaret River, Yallingup, Augusta to name a few.
Just got back yesterday from the most recent trip. The Rays at Hamelin Bay are amazing.

I agree that Syd has served his time.

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Wa is gods own country zips, being retired and thanks to Mark McGowan, we've been able to have 3 great touring holidays in the last 12 months. Esperance, Bremer Bay, Denmark, Margaret River, Yallingup, Augusta to name a few.
Just got back yesterday from the most recent trip. The Rays at Hamelin Bay are amazing.

They have lost the plot with covid punishments.
Have quarantine, Have fines, but prison sentences are too over the top.
WA like most other Australian states have wonderful places to see. But people can be turned off very quickly.
Personally i haven't been to WA, because every time i look at the prices to go, it's cheaper going oversees.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
WA is responsible for more than 50% of the Australia's tax revenue - without it the country would be a stuffen banana republic. The roads, hospitals, sporting facilities and other key infrastructure we enjoy are thanks to them.

• Haha

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
WA is responsible for more than 50% of the Australia's tax revenue - without it the country would be a stuffen banana republic. The roads, hospitals, sporting facilities and other key infrastructure we enjoy are thanks to them.
Tax or export revenue? There is a significant difference!

Last edited:

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
It was only a matter of time before someone brought this up. When did it become theirs? They are a bunch of Australians who decide to live and work there. They spend most of their time seething about how irrelevant they are and trying to one up eastern staters.

a little known fact below

One of the first acts of the WA parliament was to rescind legislation that was conditional to them being granted statehood by the crown. It ensured a royalty be paid to aboriginal people from mining revenue. Funny they never taught that at school in old WA...

** if you are looking to learn about this, try and source a book called ‘how the west was lost’ by Don McLeod. The doco is vey good too. Both are hard to find but the local library may have a copy stashed away

Last edited:

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach

I'm sure that was time well served Tigerman; unlike poor Sydney.

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney

You look good in that red bikini TigerChap!

That's a well done family video!

• Haha

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
I agree about WA being a great place to visit. Have been there quite a few times and some of the WA coastal venues are god's own country.

The Pilbara, Margaret River, Esperance, Bunbury, Kimberley area Ningaloo Reef at Coral bay, Broome, just to name a few.

Consider ourselves very fortunate to have been to all those places and enjoyed them so much. Spectacular views and environment.

That leaves all the politics aside.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
They have lost the plot with covid punishments.
Have quarantine, Have fines, but prison sentences are too over the top.
WA like most other Australian states have wonderful places to see. But people can be turned off very quickly.
Personally i haven't been to WA, because every time i look at the prices to go, it's cheaper going oversees.
Penalties are harsh, perhaps too harsh, but it's been nearly 10 months since there was any community spread.

Reactions: 1 user

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013

We lived in WA for 7 years (Pilbara & Perth). Just loved it. It was only family and work that brought us back East. Mrs Quickdraw and I often reminisce about Perth, Broome, Albany etc.

Retirement at the end of this year and then hooking up the van to head back there for a few months. Can't wait.