Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Western Australia, desert hillbillys.

WAxit :rotfl1

Set them free and let them eat iron ore
easy, with the loss of revenue, are you confident that the east coast will be able to make ends meet with Chines Uni students? :)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
I hope he makes it through the next 9 weeks with very frequent support from the club. It’ll be tough.

A bandaged arm and a psychiatric report suggest it wouldn’t be ethical to send him inside again for a short stay, but with WA you never know.

He would’ve already spent 3+ months in WA by that stage, which is a sentence in itself. I’d say it’s worthy of at least double the crime he’s actually committed. Logically, I say he gets a double jeopardy card.

This means he’d be allowed to return to Victoria, and allowed to cash in that double jeopardy card to break his quarantine without any further punishment. That’s fair. This allows him to train with us by March 26.

Not a bad result. That’s how the justice system works, isn’t it?

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Can he fly back to Victoria, quarantine for 2 weeks, complete 5 week of pre-season training, then return to WA 2 weeks prior to sentencing?
He wouldn’t need to quarantine to get back into Victoria. Only get a permit. WA is low risk so no issues re-entering Vic. Maybe get tested and isolate until results are confirmed.

Billy24

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2014
If Sydney wants to extend his career and knuckle down, could the club arrange for him to train with a WAFL club. South Fremantle look like they have some solid citizens running the place (as per Marlions book). They need to be prepared to take him in of course? All subject to his bail conditions......

Reactions: 2 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
If Sydney wants to extend his career and knuckle down, could the club arrange for him to train with a WAFL club. South Fremantle look like they have some solid citizens running the place (as per Marlions book). They need to be prepared to take him in of course? All subject to his bail conditions......

This idea has actually been previously suggested in WA.

The general feeling was though that if he is going to make it, he needed to go back to Richmond in an AFL level program ASAP. Even a short stint at a WAFL club was seen as possibly counterproductive.

A number of WAFL clubs have really good people, but they generally aren’t full time. So a lot to ask, for minimal return.

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Nah needs to be back at Punt Road asap into the regimental training regime that is there.

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Lot of assumptions here about training etc
football is the last thing on his mind at present .

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
He wouldn’t need to quarantine to get back into Victoria. Only get a permit. WA is low risk so no issues re-entering Vic. Maybe get tested and isolate until results are confirmed.
The risk is probably he comes to Vic, we get another outbreak, and the hard border goes back up and he can't return.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
What I don't understand, maybe I'm dumb, but why is he to be sentenced in late March.
Sentenced to what? More jail time or will he be executed by firing squad?
Again I'm stunned. What has he done so wrong that he deserves such draconian penalties?
OK, so he beached Covid rules, but so have hundreds of others without these sort of penalties.

Reactions: 8 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
What I don't understand, maybe I'm dumb, but why is he to be sentenced in late March.
Again I'm stunned. What has he done so wrong that he deserves such draconian penalties?
OK, so he beached Covid rules, but so have hundreds of others without these sort of penalties.

After his last successful bail hearing, his lawyer said its highly improbable he will get further jail time,

so it seems they need 2 months to work out how much to fine him?

The wheels of justice have always turned slowly, but taking into account WA's maverick border approach the last 12 months and the restriction to Stackman making an honest living,

it seems, on the face of it, pretty *smile* OTT

The risk is probably he comes to Vic, we get another outbreak, and the hard border goes back up and he can't return.

Does Melbourne have an Ecuadorian Embassy? do they have a gym?

If Daniel Andrews had any balls, he would have sent the cops to drag Shannon Hurn off Torquay beach and hold him hostage,

thats what Gladys would have done.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Several are serving jail time in WA at present for 1 breach
He has pleaded guilty to two serious breaches
Leave it at that !

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Got to get in the queue for sentencing & the list is as long as your arm. Not like the old days when you got your lot on day of trial as these days off to the various nit pickers to see if are of sound mind , had a poor upkeeping, religious & truly remorseful( because you got caught) . With time in the nick already sentencing Eagles or Docker judge will find it difficult to incarcerate him for any further time. Stacker I do suppose has to face Tigers & AFL over his brain drain so will the draconian AFL who will rubbing their hands with glee withdraw his AFL licence for season 2021.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Did not know that Stig.

How many and for how long. Can you elaborate?
I dont believe that is the case, all suspended or out in 1 month or so

and this Paul Lawrence bastard from Perth is giving us Paul Lawrence's a bad name :)

This is interesting reading

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users