Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

bricci

Tiger Rookie
May 7, 2004
So Sydney should be back at training shortly after the March 25th court case (provided he isn't jailed I presume)? So should be playing VFL shortly thereafter?

Reactions: 1 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Geez I hope this bloke makes a go of life in general. So much to like but he is on the tightrope without a safety net.

Footy can be the the thing that helps him so much with every other issue he has. Can’t wait to see him back.

Fingers crossed.

Reactions: 7 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Lets just hope he doesnt go out in WA for 1 last party before he returns to melbourne

Kids got talent but not too much brains unfortunately

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Trial on Thursday. Back in Melbourne by Friday?

The roar of the crowd from our Round 2 match on Sunday could be a powerful motivator for young Syd.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
has there ever been a player spend time in prison and on The MCG on grand final day in one calendar year?

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
So Sydney should be back at training shortly after the March 25th court case (provided he isn't jailed I presume)? So should be playing VFL shortly thereafter?
For once the AFL have looked after us. With our game on the Sunday next week, i reckon Stacky should be right to come straight in. Red eye special home on Thursday night, training Friday, rest Saturday, plays Sunday.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I see I've touched a nerve so I'll just respond on the quality of Hocking's CV.
Geelong Player
Geelong GM of Football
Then given the second most influential job in the AFL.

That's not an impressive CV. In fact, when Hocking was given the job, many were questioning his lack of experience for it.

The less sycophantic would say his ham fisted performance in the role was to be expected due to his lack of experience.
I'm afraid this entire post is just double-standard after double-standard compared to your comments on Speed.

If Hocking had been working at Richmond and had the same success Geelong had during that decade you'd be calling him a genius.

Can a Mod give these 2 a warning for derailing this thread?

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
WA sentencing has been harsh on Stack when you consider Elijah Taylor was only fined 5k for bashing his girlfriend.
Yeah but Stacka could've given half of W.A. a dose of Cooties ( not that they deserve Cooties as such ) by roaming around uncontrolled. Maybe he could've just given a couple of Pollies a snifter or two, just for Lols of course.

Just hoping the Stacka gets back to Punt rd. soon n the club wraps their arms around him n help him get back on track to being a bloody good footballer, instead of just a talented peanut.

Reactions: 1 user

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
Whens his court case? If as suggested by some posters he receives a fine, i would assume he would be back at punt road within 24/48 hours?

Anyone know how he is training? Theres been some including some rfc interviews suggesting he is working hard..?

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
the 25th rings a bell - should be later this week then so hopefully Stack will be back at training this week and maybe a qtr in the VFL practise match on the weekend.

Reactions: 1 users

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Amazing how a split second decision has caused him to be away from Vic for 3 months plus.
Taking into account what he did he has paid way over the odds for it.
Manifestly excessive penalty and a snail pace moving justice system.
Free Syd A Knee!

Reactions: 3 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
So much looking forward to seeing Stacky back training (and throwing up) at Punt Road. :banana

@caesar 's training assessment will be greatly anticipated. :)

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
How long to go?
Seriously this is the longest court hearing about nothing in the world.
When is the verdict??

Reactions: 1 user