Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
The Big Richo said:
Shane Edwards - tick - although he didn't even know himself he was Aboriginal when he joined the Tiegrs
Alroy Gilligan - Pick #53 2008 rookie draft as an 18yo, never likely
Richard Tambling - we reached overs but Hawks had him lined up if we didn't - did play 124 AFL games
Troy Taylor - Pick #51 2009 National draft
Relton Roberts - Pick #38 2009 rookie draft
Gibson Turner - Pick #60 2011 rookie draft as an 18yo
Nathan Drummond - career wrecked by injury - we'll never know
Chris Yarran - Carlton stitched us up on this one - quality player though with personal issues
Daniel Rioli - tick
Tyson Stengle Pick #6, 2016 rookie draft as an 18yo - has potential, wait and see
Shai Bolton - still have hopes for him
Derek Eggmolesse-Smith - picked up in 2017 under next gen academy program - first year cruelled by injury

Only 5 picked up in the National Draft,3 considered a success of some sort, 1 verdict still out and 1 failed due to being cruelled by injury. Most of the other youngsters we have recruited have been rookie (and mostly low rookie) drafts. I doubt there have been too many succeed as rookies in the comp as a whole. Sydney Stack is just another with a low chance of success but if you're going to take a risk this is the spot to do it.

brigadiertiger

Tiger Champion
Dec 1, 2005
The Big Richo said:
I'm not sure going back to the 80s is all that relevant to the Hardwick era.

Let's look at his time:

Shane Edwards
Alroy Gilligan
Richard Tambling
Troy Taylor
Relton Roberts
Gibson Turner
Nathan Drummond
Chris Yarran
Daniel Rioli
Tyson Stengle
Shai Bolton
Derek Eggmolesse-Smith

It's not great, but is trending the right way.

Jarrod Oakley-Nicholls?

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
So is this confirmed yet ? has the club offered him a place and has he accepted it ?
Sumich looks to be a massive fan

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
turk-d-tiger said:
So is this confirmed yet ? has the club offered him a place and has he accepted it ?
Sumich looks to be a massive fan

No offer as yet, think we're just assessing his attitude.

DjJazzyPete

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 8, 2014
Nata , Botswana
From what Im reading huge potential just has to get his act togeher . Worth the risk with a rookie pick.
Could Be Troy Taylor, could be Shaun Burgoyne etc

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Nothing to lose i guess if he is as talented as he is being talked up to be.

weve got some solid citizens in regard to Aboriginal boys at the RFC plus the Institute.

We are as good if not better chance than any other club of getting him on the right track for footy and life thereafter.

X man Clarke, Shedda and Daniel will be piviotal here as will Dimma, Cotchy, JR8, Tross, and even Shai as another aboriginal lad from WA to assist him.

E

easy_tiger

bullus_hit said:
No offer as yet, think we're just assessing his attitude.

Yep. Mrs. Hardwick is on the job. She's implementing stage 1 of the fabulous RFC devised, contemporary black fella coping aptitude test.

Ideally, it unfolds like this.

Mrs. Hardwick: Hi Sydney? would you like to come and live with Damien and Me, eat neapolitan icecream on Wednesday nights, and be a football sensation?
SS: Um, Yeah Mrs H, sound sweet as hey?
Mrs Hardwick: Oh great Sydney, a car will pick you up Monday. Bring a toothbrush. I'll have Daniel's room made up ready.
SS: Yeah sweet. see you misses H. Thanks.

but of course its quite a bit more complicated than that. But finger crossed, hey?

deedee

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 12, 2011
High risk pick with the last spot on the list, I have no problem with that at all.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Bridget has been told that richmond boosts your clicks and views.

“But The Weekend West understands Richmond is poised to invite the Perth midfielder to train at the club in the coming weeks. It is believed Stack — an All-Australian in the national carnival from just three games — would live with Tigers coach Damien Hardwick while he is in Melbourne and could be listed by March 15 under new rules if he impresses.

Lots of key words that allow wriggle room if it doesn’t work out.
I used to include all these ‘get out’ terms when writing risk assessments.

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Richmond have submitted paper work for approval to have Sydney Stack train with Richmond from 1 December and waiting for approval from AFL

daniel Rioli & Shai Bolton's tickets to bring him to melbourne have been booked for this coming friday so Stack should be at training next monday

Tails

Still Chasing Dreams
Mar 10, 2007
Sydney, Australia
If you watched the championship games he kept bobbing up and was pretty tough in and around the contests and was more consistent than Hill. He was All -Australian so there is significant upside and a solid program and at the Hardwicks we should see the best out of him and if that happens it would be a massive bonus.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
turk-d-tiger said:
Richmond have submitted paper work for approval to have Sydney Stack train with Richmond from 1 December and waiting for approval from AFL

daniel Rioli & Shai Bolton's tickets to bring him to melbourne have been booked for this coming friday so Stack should be at training next monday

And the winner is ..........................................Sydney! And hopefully Richmond

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
turk-d-tiger said:

I love how Dan takes on a leadership role, especially with the indigenous kids. People are talking up Vlastuin or Graham as next captain. I wouldn't be surprised if it's Rioli

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
BrisTiger24 said:
I love how Dan takes on a leadership role, especially with the indigenous kids. People are talking up Vlastuin or Graham as next captain. I wouldn't be surprised if it's Rioli

Dude !!!

I made that part up :hihi

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
turk-d-tiger said:
Dude !!!

I made that part up :hihi

Well it's a bloody good idea. Get on to Balmey. If we can send Vlastuin and Graham to Sumatra to save the tigers, we can send Dan and Shai to Perth to pick up Stack!