Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
So give him preferential treatment over all the other boys because he cant be stuffed training and keeping himself in good physical shape like the other 43 players on the list ? Why

He is not Cotchin,Dusty,Jack, Rance or even Baker - Why should he be pampered and looked after, Which other players will require the same treatment with this type of example being set

He played 7 games in 2021 after losing 2 months in jail
He was released on Jan 9 2021 and arrived back in March 26 but in no shape to play

Sometimes you might just need to accept AFL level professionalism is not for everybody and just accept it for what it is ,

Richmonds season ended 21st August and the players returned last week thats 3 months off, Who gets 3 months off work these days ? Is it asking too much just to keep a reasonable level of fitness to resume preseason training whilst getting paid $120k a year for 9 months work ?

I dont want to get into a tit for tat but i will state the below.

Every player, Every player.... Has an individually tailored program, so its not a case of preferential treatment necessarily.

Having completed 10+ ironman races (years ago now) it takes time to compound training gains, especially when considering endurance type fitness/stamina.. If an athlete was poor endurance wise (that was me, good fast twitch but poor endurance) it takes time to build, remember these guys unlike long distance athletes are not full time building stamina, they are purpose trained for football including weights etc..

We will see gains but they are gradual, as long as he is completing his individually tailored program there will be good improvement.

Reactions: 9 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne

Every player, Every player.... Has an individually tailored program, so its not a case of preferential treatment necessarily.

Having completed 10+ ironman races (years ago now) it takes time to compound training gains, especially when considering endurance type fitness/stamina.. If an athlete was poor endurance wise (that was me, good fast twitch but poor endurance) it takes time to build, remember these guys unlike long distance athletes are not full time building stamina, they are purpose trained for football including weights etc..

We will see gains but they are gradual, as long as he is completing his individually tailored program there will be good improvement.
No doubting players have individual programs depending on the physical needs but no club tolerates consistently returning in poor physical shape and having to constantly play catchup.

I think its evident by the comments from our fitness dept that they re also starting to get fed up with his inability to adhere to the fitness requirements

Reactions: 4 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Syd's one of the brightest young talents that ever walked into this club. In fact I cannot think of a better one in their first year.
A rookie longshot but his debut season in the AFL was better than Dusty's. He finished last season as one of our best players FFS.
That sort of talent buys you credits.
I think a few here need to get off the kids back. They've been back in preseason training for a couple of weeks. Let's see how he's tracking when the whips are cracking. Not in December.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Agree. Also the ongoing commentary about Stacky on this site and where he is and what he has to do is not helpful and likely to make him feel even more isolated should he come to hear of it.
Best left to get on with it and allow the Club to manage his progress as it must in respect of all employees.

I don't think interwebz chat is of any great consequence, Mo. Nobody's defaming Sydders. But maybe we expect him to come on quickly and that expectation is out of line with events.

I like it when the Great Caesar calls our players on their performance on the track. But he should be getting into that scrawny #4 for missing too many gym sessions. That bloke's gotta hit the weights!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
does anyone know if you can swap the potatoes and gravy for a banana in Casuarina Prison?

ive got a friend who wants to know.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
I like it when the Great Caesar calls our players on their performance on the track. But he should be getting into that scrawny #4 for missing too many gym sessions. That bloke's gotta hit the weights!
Next I’ll be reading that some want MRJ delisted due to sloppy skills.

deedee

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 12, 2011

Do you really think Burge would be giving him a rocket in the paper if Stack has followed the individual program given to him at the end of last season?

Reactions: 8 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Do you really think Burge would be giving him a rocket in the paper if Stack has followed the individual program given to him at the end of last season?
Bingo. We have a winner..........................the prize is a 10 piece box of KFC original:)

Reactions: 1 users

checkside

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2005
Australia
So give him preferential treatment over all the other boys because he cant be stuffed training and keeping himself in good physical shape like the other 43 players on the list ? Why

He is not Cotchin,Dusty,Jack, Rance or even Baker - Why should he be pampered and looked after, Which other players will require the same treatment with this type of example being set

He played 7 games in 2021 after losing 2 months in jail
He was released on Jan 9 2021 and arrived back in March 26 but in no shape to play

Sometimes you might just need to accept AFL level professionalism is not for everybody and just accept it for what it is ,

Richmonds season ended 21st August and the players returned last week thats 3 months off, Who gets 3 months off work these days ? Is it asking too much just to keep a reasonable level of fitness to resume preseason training whilst getting paid $120k a year for 9 months work ?
I’m not sure if Stack will ever make it either with where he’s coming from but I disagree with this.

It’s not preferential treatment, and I’m sure the club know how to manage every individual as best they can.

Do you employ people? I only employ 6 but I know more than anything you have to treat them all individually and what you can say to one, you definitely cannot say to another because they have all differential personalities. What works for one doesn’t always work for someone else.

That doesn’t mean any of them have preferential treatment, it means that different personality types have to be managed in different ways.

Reactions: 8 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

the flip side of this is,

they only give players a public bake who they know can take it.

Reactions: 3 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
I’m not sure if Stack will ever make it either with where he’s coming from but I disagree with this.

It’s not preferential treatment, and I’m sure the club know how to manage every individual as best they can.

Do you employ people? I only employ 6 but I know more than anything you have to treat them all individually and what you can say to one, you definitely cannot say to another because they have all differential personalities. What works for one doesn’t always work for someone else.

That doesn’t mean any of them have preferential treatment, it means that different personality types have to be managed in different ways.
They are welcome to have different personalities and can be individuals just like Dusty is to Lynch and cotchin is to parker

But how does that effect the 1 simple thing Stack is required to do !! Come back in reasonable shape

Like i said these kids earn between $100k-$500k for 9 months of 'Work'
Is it really to much to ask to remain fit in the off season ?

It was the exact same thing when he arrived back from his Kebab suspension last year before he went home to party on and end up in jail.

When is the time you just think , Just not work the effort

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

checkside

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2005
Australia
They are welcome to have different personalities and can be individuals just like Dusty is to Lynch and cotchin is to parker

But how does that effect the 1 simple thing Stack is required to do !! Come back in reasonable shape

Like i said these kids earn between $100k-$500k for 9 months of 'Work'
Is it really to much to ask to remain fit in the off season ?

It was the exact same thing when he arrived back from his Kebab suspension last year before he went home to party on and end up in jail.

When is the time you just think , Just not work the effort
I really don’t disagree with that at all.
I was just saying some individuals need a little more I guess you would say work with keeping them in line.
Syd came from a long way back behind his peers, which is why he wasn’t selected in the draft to begin with. And I firmly believe if we didn’t take him when we did and another club did he’d already be out of the AFL system.

My point really is if he’s still improving every pre season, I think he’s worth keeping.

As I said, I’m still not convinced he is will make it, and maybe he’s to worried about his social media to put in the extra yard to get as fit as he could be, but he’s improving every year.

He’s only 21 years old, I know I look back at myself as 21 year old now and am disgusted at the decisions I made and the person I was and I’m only 30 now.

Yes he does have a lot of growing up to do, but I don’t think it’s as bad as some are making it out to be.

Reactions: 4 users