Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

He had impact and spunk in 2019
But now it's 2022 going into 2023 and the form line has been abysmal.
He hasn't been BOG in the 2's since 2019.
He hasn't returned to any thing that looks like his form back in 19
It's really really sad. Devastating that this kid had soooo much promise and it has most likely disappeared in 4 years.
I'm shattered

Last edited:
He had impact and spunk in 2018
He hasn't been BOG in the 2's since 2018.
He hasn't returned to any thing that looks like his form back in 18.
It's really really sad. Devastating that this kid had soooo much promise and it has most likely disappeared in 4 years.
I'm shattered
You talking about George again?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
He had impact and spunk in 2018
He hasn't been BOG in the 2's since 2018.
He hasn't returned to any thing that looks like his form back in 18.
I'm shattered
Was playing Colts and for Wa in 2018 Zips.

I do concede that he needs to "do better", might be a good fit for the Filth.

Was playing Colts and for Wa in 2018 Zips.

I do concede that he needs to "do better", might be a good fit for the Filth.
Regardless he has never been the same player before that ankle injury.
I forget why was he in the 2's when he did he ankle??
Did he get dropped late 2019??

Played a lot better yesterday after he was put down back
The problem is, nearly everyone seems to play much better when they're down back. I agree he could be a Rioli-alike, but do we need another one? We need mids, he has to be that in some form, and soon - which will be hard for a guy who seems to lack fitness more than anything.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm a fan of Syd but you cant come back after an 8 week break, 9 weeks behind.

He didn't do the work in the off season for whatever reason & its showing

I'm not writing him off just yet though

Reactions: 1 users
Stack is a backman. It's like asking Vlaustin to chase arse in the forward line. Why are we playing Martyn in the backline and Mansell up forward? Strange moves by the coaches.

Reactions: 6 users
Not at all mate , I dont barrack for any Richmond player not to do well and have constantly mentioned he has more talent than 70% of players currently playing but unfortunately he doesnt have the brains or the work ethic.

You just need to open your eyes sometimes and see whats infront of you
And yet you sit like a crow on a power line with your mate Stig, constantly pecking at him and anyone who wishes to install some positivity into the conversation about the kid.
You don’t want him to fail? Faaaaaaaaaaaaark Off

Stack is a backman. It's like asking Vlaustin to chase arse in the forward line. Why are we playing Martyn in the backline and Mansell up forward? Strange moves by the coaches.

because he won't get a game in the seniors down back, we have better options there than 2022 Stackman. So he has to learn a new role or it's bye-bye time

Reactions: 3 users
because he won't get a game in the seniors down back, we have better options there than 2022 Stackman. So he has to learn a new role or it's bye-bye time
Or, you stop persisting with the Aarts types on a wing and shift a running back with talent there. It worked with Short. Has Daniel been reprogrammed sufficiently to be elite wing rather than his previous role there of outlet blocker?

There is no room in our backline and that's part of why I've been an advocate for Stack forward. The other part is he's capable of kicking multiple goals. But last night he just looked desperately out of touch and confidence forward, and more assured down back - although he did drop that sitter which was a sign of how low his confidence is - that or how poor the lighting is at PRO.

Now, I think we have to give the kid a run in the backline to save his career. Martyn can go into the midfield, and RCD should go forward because he's not a midfielder's arse.hole but looks ok up front.

All year has been patchy hasn't warranted senior call up not sure if he has the want enough.

I don't understand why he's not playing like his career is on the line? The club has been so patient with him and supported him through some tough years, and yet he doesn't seem motivated to get the utmost out of himself. Last night's performance showed he is not only out of form and down on confidence, but that he also doesn't have the mental application to show how desperate he is to succeed. The writing is on the wall I'm afraid as he either doesn't want it bad enough, and/or he can't appreciate the opportunity he has been given.

Or, you stop persisting with the Aarts types on a wing and shift a running back with talent there. It worked with Short. Has Daniel been reprogrammed sufficiently to be elite wing rather than his previous role there of outlet blocker?

Yeah not a bad idea, but can't see Stack in the Pickett/Kmac role. He can't run that far or fast.

Aarts? Hopefully he stays in the VFL. These days he gets only a run as sub anyway, and not even that recently.

Played last night like he was told he would not be there in 2023! was not alone, very very very ordinary effort for a team that had a number of players who have played top level.

Reactions: 1 users
i think at this stage Stack should play where he plays his best football, and the consensus does appear to be that is the backline. if that means he plays in the VFL for the rest of the year, but starts to show some form, great. it is better than what is happening at the moment.

i can see the attraction of Stack as a forward, who rolls up through the midfield for spurts, but the the reality of his performances just doesnt match that picture.

• Love
Why aren't people fighting over Dow or Collier Dawkins?
Both picked under 20.
One had 7 touches and the other 11 last night.
At least stack was a pre season selection.

I don't understand why he's not playing like his career is on the line? The club has been so patient with him and supported him through some tough years, and yet he doesn't seem motivated to get the utmost out of himself. Last night's performance showed he is not only out of form and down on confidence, but that he also doesn't have the mental application to show how desperate he is to succeed. The writing is on the wall I'm afraid as he either doesn't want it bad enough, and/or he can't appreciate the opportunity he has been given.

Possibly, but at the same time there's plenty of players who start their careers like a house on fire and then regress back to the mean. Maybe Stack is just one of those. I get the sense that this is one of the rare occasions fans / PRE are focusing a little too much on the good and not enough on the bad with him.

He had impact and spunk in 2019
He hasn't been BOG in the 2's since 2019.
He hasn't returned to any thing that looks like his form back in 19
I'm shattered
Maybe if they played him in his correct position you would see better. When will the coaches stop playing them out of position trying to turn them into something they aren't? Seems to me the only position changes they haven't tried is Prestia contesting a centre hit out and Soldo on a wing