Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
maybe you're right, my memory was horrible collision, operation to insert plate, face blew up like a basketball, swelling went down and he only missed a week, returned v Geelong? Probably an ancient PRE thread on it, or early in the richo thread.
I just googled it, he played, now that's what I call a Richmond man.

"Richmond full-forward Matthew Richardson is on the verge of making a miraculous recovery from a broken cheekbone in time to play against Fremantle at the MCG on Sunday.
The Tigers last night named Richardson in their squad for Sunday, and coach Danny Frawley insisted that the club's superstar goalkicker had a chance of playing.

The 28-year-old was hurt during the game against Western Bulldogs last Sunday. He had surgery to repair the damage on Tuesday and was ruled out by club spokesmen during the week. But by last night, that had changed. "If I was a betting man, I'd back him to play," said Frawley. "He wants to be given every chance. There's a little bit of swelling still there, but if that comes down, then he's a very good chance. It'll be his decision in the end, but it'd be a phenomenal recovery."
Richardson's ability to play out last week's game drew praise from his captain, Wayne Campbell, this week. Campbell said the full-forward's courage had not been given due attention.
Last night, Frawley said he had been advised that risk of further damage to the injury was not an issue. "The (club) doctor is telling me to pick him in the side and then assess him later and as senior coach, I'm not going to knock that back."

Reactions: 1 users

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Jeff Hogg did the same . Broken eye socket and played with plate the next week

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Really! Played the last 4 games last year and averaged 20 possessions a game. This year one game. Tell me how that makes any sense especially as he has had exceptional games at the lower level.

Also played at almost AA level in year 1. Don't think he blew that chance.
AA level lol . The game isnt about possessions . Matt Crouch from the Crows got dropped 3 weeks ago after having 31 . Last two weeks in SAFL had 40 plus . Probably won’t get game this week either unless they have injuries

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
That was back in the days when men were men.
Now some men want to be called a woman despite having a beard and a *smile*.

tora

Tiger Rookie
Dec 10, 2021
todos mis respectos to Judson Clarke, did some good things showed he can play and he's on the list for a while. Stack and Cumberland, not getting a chance to show their wares in the AFL is an obvious wasted opportunity. Selectors get a mind set against a player like Caddy fair enough. RCD and Dow ain't playing great. If Parker plays FMD !!
Stack and Cumberland are out the door. ..Stack is the only one I'll be sad to see go.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
AA level lol . The game isnt about possessions . Matt Crouch from the Crows got dropped 3 weeks ago after having 31 . Last two weeks in SAFL had 40 plus . Probably won’t get game this week either unless they have injuries
Short memories

Reactions: 2 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Seems Hardwick has successfully Mcbeaned* Stacky

* Mcbeaned - to leave to rot in the VFL and suffer the slings and arrows of injury fates when opportunities may arise while lesser credentialed players are struck in the arse by rainbows and moonbeams and rewarded with games in the firsts.
The year after McBeano was capuanoed we wonthe first of three flags. Coincidence? I THINK PERHAPS NOT

Stackey

Tiger Rookie
Jan 13, 2022
todos mis respectos to Judson Clarke, did some good things showed he can play and he's on the list for a while. Stack and Cumberland, not getting a chance to show their wares in the AFL is an obvious wasted opportunity. Selectors get a mind set against a player like Caddy fair enough. RCD and Dow ain't playing great. If Parker plays FMD !!
Stack and Cumberland are out the door. ..Stack is the only one I'll be sad to see go.
And I'd be sad to go too!

5SKULL5

What stands in the way, becomes the way!
Dec 20, 2004
Melbourne
Yes Hoggy did play the next week. But he was never the same player again. Northey realized it and swappped our then Captain Hogg for Butch Gale, Brodders and Dunstan. The decision hastened on with a young Richo coming through.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Yes Hoggy did play the next week. But he was never the same player again. Northey realized it and swappped our then Captain Hogg for Butch Gale, Brodders and Dunstan. The decision hastened on with a young Richo coming through.
It was a shame about Hoggy I was a big fan, will never forget the Mothers day massacre, 10 goals and only 2 Brownlow votes.

Kicked 57 goals in 1993 which was his last season and Richo's first. I reckon they would've been an awesome combination.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Matthew Dundas was the 3rd player

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
It was a shame about Hoggy I was a big fan, will never forget the Mothers day massacre, 10 goals and only 2 Brownlow votes.

Kicked 57 goals in 1993 which was his last season and Richo's first. I reckon they would've been an awesome combination.
Hoggy had bad back which restricted his time at Fitzroy

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
The non selection of Stack after a great performance up front in the VFL a fortnight ago has not reflected well on the coaching staff who went with Castagna instead. Now hindsight is a wonderful thing & Syd may also have been a bust but I struggle to believe he could have been worse than the Aarts/Castagna duo. Unfortunate sliding doors moment.

Reactions: 9 users