Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

That's what will have him back in the AFL.
Every club will try to make him the redemption story of 2023.
Pity his application for the game wasn't as strong as we wanted.
It probably will be for 2023, he will have a point to prove again.

Whether he can carry it beyond 2023 is the question.

Geelong to take him and troll us all.

Eddie Betts will probably talk em in to it.

Reactions: 2 users
Damien would always say at a press conference when asked about Stack, "He has more talent that 90% of players on the list". That pressure of being recognised as an under performer must have taken a toll. Its not an excuse but it wasn't exactly a badge you'd like to wear, especially an indigenous player.

He has too much talent not to get picked up by another club, and I'm still hopeful it will be us.

Actually, any chance we rookie him?

We can re-rookie him (through the draft), but I don't think we will.

His best chance is through the pre-season supplemental period, where we would want him to prove his fitness issues at the start of pre-season would not be there at the start of pre-season training (don't think he can join until January), so he has a few months to get fit.

More likely he will need to come back through the state pathways IMO.

Reactions: 1 user
Damien would always say at a press conference when asked about Stack, "He has more talent that 90% of players on the list". That pressure of being recognised as an under performer must have taken a toll. Its not an excuse but it wasn't exactly a badge you'd like to wear, especially an indigenous player.

He has too much talent not to get picked up by another club, and I'm still hopeful it will be us.
Your actually joking aren’t you?

Freo's response precisely the reason we have let him go.

Actually, WCE a chance, they like their unfit fatties

• Dislike
Serious talent. Should’ve been a premiership player in 2019 if it wasn’t for injury. I wish him the best in the future - it won’t be with the RFC though.

Reactions: 1 users
One very good year, three very mediocre years. That's how it goes.

AFL is a tough racket - you can't live on past glories for very long, others who want it more will move past you in a hurry.

Good luck wherever you end up Sydney Stack, we'll always have that moment with Viney to cherish.

Reactions: 3 users
The talent of stack with the work ethic of lambert = dusty. He could have been a unicorn. Hopefully he sorts it out or if it isn’t for him finds something else productive.

Took an absolute mark of the year in a VFL game I was watching this year. Will remember that and his absolute poise in that first year.

Could win a Brownlow at another club and I wouldn’t lose a moments sleep.

Club has gotta have standards.

Reactions: 5 users
Hopefully he goes back to the WAFL and has a great 2023 and gets another go in the AFL in 2024.