Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

All Syd's manager has to do for him to be get picked up by another club is send them the hangers that Syd took against the Aints a few years ago, and the one he took in the VFL this year.

I wonder if Syd was shopped around during trade period? Can only assume not otherwise he’d be at Essendon now…. suppose there’s still time for them to grab him as a DFA.

All Syd's manager has to do for him to be get picked up by another club is send them the hangers that Syd took against the Aints a few years ago, and the one he took in the VFL this year.

Has he got a manager? The way his old man was blowing his gasket seemed like he wanted Richmond to find him a new club when that is really the role of a player manager

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
It was very odd set of circumstances to be that bloody good in your debut season ,( im not sure you could be much better) , and then follow that up like it never ever happened

Will always be a bit of a mystery Stacky , can understand if clubs dont bother , given our reputation and culture now , they may just think if Richmond gave up on him , pass

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
It was very odd set of circumstances to be that bloody good in your debut season ,( im not sure you could be much better) , and then follow that up like it never ever happened

Will always be a bit of a mystery Stacky , can understand if clubs dont bother , given our reputation and culture now , they may just think if Richmond gave up on him , pass
Sad, but true.

That is a incredibly selfish thought.
Football is a game. If he does well for another team, I’d be happy for him. Because football is his best chance at making a good life for himself.

Syd has had a incredibly hard journey so far. He doesn’t have the private school up bringing most players have these days have. Football was his best chance at a good life.
It's not that I don't want him to succeed, as you say he's done it tougher than most and deserves to make the most of his talent. I can see him tearing us up if his football journey continues and he can make the most of it.

I wonder if Syd was shopped around during trade period? Can only assume not otherwise he’d be at Essendon now…. suppose there’s still time for them to grab him as a DFA.
Blair Hartley mentioned that we were holding off until the end of trading before deciding on contracts for both Stack and RCD, so you'd have to assume they were being shopped around.

Reactions: 3 users
Blair Hartley mentioned that we were holding off until the end of trading before deciding on contracts for both Stack and RCD, so you'd have to assume they were being shopped around.
Maybe now both players may understand that the Club was being upfront with them and what they needed to do. The market has spoken or they would have been picked up.

The question of Stacks situation at RFC would certainly have been canvassed by other clubs during the trade period.
Not sure where he stands now but think another club will rookie him, with little to lose and, potentially, much to gain.

In 4 years he has played 35 games with 10 being really good games and the rest so so
but he did manage to do some flashy things that remain in peoples heads that make him better than he actually was.

Kid had talent that cannot be denied but didnt have the discipline or work ethic that RFC demanded and he had more support at Richmond than he would ever get at any other club including the brothers there to help him

If he is lucky enough to get another chance i hope he makes the most of it otherwise he better improve his rap singing & Tik Tok editing

I can't see Stack being picked up now, he had 4 years and was given good opportunities.

He should aim to get a go in the SANFL or WAFL and see if he can get back to AFL that way. Has the talent, needs to show it before someone takes the risk.

DS

Reactions: 1 users
Has he got a manager? The way his old man was blowing his gasket seemed like he wanted Richmond to find him a new club when that is really the role of a player manager
I stand corrected, but I am not sure Stack's dad has had a close involvement with him growing up, and I would hazard a guess he is making comments when he doesnt know all the details.

Reactions: 3 users
N
In 4 years he has played 35 games with 10 being really good games and the rest so so
but he did manage to do some flashy things that remain in peoples heads that make him better than he actually was.

Kid had talent that cannot be denied but didnt have the discipline or work ethic that RFC demanded and he had more support at Richmond than he would ever get at any other club including the brothers there to help him

If he is lucky enough to get another chance i hope he makes the most of it otherwise he better improve his rap singing & Tik Tok editing
No he was good. Strong, quick, clean and good hands. It just went to shiit as soon as the work on track stopped.
He was ready to win the Melbourne cup the day we played GWS. He was at peak fitness, but he never got to that fitness level ever again

No he was good. Strong, quick, clean and good hands. It just went to shiit as soon as the work on track stopped.
He was ready to win the Melbourne cup the day we played GWS. He was at peak fitness, but he never got to that fitness level ever again
Yes there were stories of him spewing up that preseason as he tried to win a spot on the list after being thrown a lifeline. He looked lean as that first year. No coincidence it was his best year.
It was the ability to sustain that level of effort which seemingly was a consistent problem.
Pretty hard to play at AFL level if you haven't got the fitness level no matter how talented you are. Especially with Dimma's sweatshop gameplan.

I can't see Stack being picked up now, he had 4 years and was given good opportunities.

He should aim to get a go in the SANFL or WAFL and see if he can get back to AFL that way. Has the talent, needs to show it before someone takes the risk.

DS

He had a great example at Richmond in Marlion on how hard it is too get there.

One of the biggest wasted talents ive ever seen i reckon.

Thanks for sitting viney down though stackman.

That alone was worth the price

Heres the thing, though.

We all assume he wanted to make it.

Turns out, he mustnt have.

Oscar Wilde springs to mind:

Youth is wasted on the young.

Reactions: 9 users
There goes another natural born footballer over todays homogeneous and often robotic athlete who can run all day.
I’m obviously a dinosaur who grew up enjoying football in its purest form.
Give me Knights, Bowden and Broderick over a B&F winning Short any day.
Stack a victim of athletic limitations as much as anything else.