Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Or i'd argue its a single decision with a number of factors that needed to be considered.

Shall i drive? (Single decision required)
Facts:
car unregistered (negative)
i'm unlicensed (negative)
I'm too drunk to legally drive (negative)
I am drinking woohoo (positive)
So taking all the factors in, its clear that i can drive yay!! (Single decision made)

We are talking semantics, but it helps the tendency to jump on someone (mutiple bad decisions) and bring a lynch mob to a hysterical frenzy.
He drove after drinking, a bad decision and its not ok.
Nah.

We have a young man here who was on an AFL list and given every chance to succeed, even when he failed to repay the faith.

How many education programs are players put through?

So this young man is delisted and his only obvious career choice is to impress someone else in the elite system and get back on a list.

Nope. A few drinks, unregistered driving and run a red light or two.

Sorry but this guy has demonstrated idiotic behaviour time and again. When does he deserve to simply be labelled a moron?

And the ‘boys will be boys’ thing is wearing thin fast. He is about to turn 23 and by my reckoning he should just about be beyond the ‘dumb’ phase of manhood.

• Dislike
Reactions: 10 users

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
Speaking as someone who has had a close family friend lose 3 people to a driver who was drunk and went through a red light, I'm surprised at the language used in this thread.
Drink driving is serious. It has the potential to kill.

I feel like some people here are looking at Sydney the ex-Tiger not the Sydney the failed afl player who has been making a string of poor decisions. I do empathise with him, particularly the term in prison, but he regularly shows a lack of good judgement. At some point you have to stop making excuses for him.
Here here. *smile* him. When you are on what could be your last chance you just have to grow up and stop putting yourself in situations where you can make bad decisions.

I want him to get his life on track and playing footy again is secondary.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
What stands out to me about Sydney Stack in the last 4 years is he does not respect Rules or the Law

He just does not adhere to rules , law & Conditions and thinks his above all this

Doesnt matter how much talent you have that wont get you through
The lad is on the wrong road unfortunately and seems to have paid no mind to the numerous exit ramp signs earlier to get back on track.

Reactions: 2 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Troubled former @Richmond_FC player Sydney stack has fallen foul of the law again. The 22-year-old has been hit with a $500 dollar fine after swinging punches at a man in Perth’s nightclub district. He claims it was self-defence.

Watch news report here:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Former Richmond star Sydney Stack pleads guilty to disorderly behaviour in public after punch up

He claimed he has ‘just got people trying to bring me down’ while leaving Perth Magistrates’ Court.

Harrison Reid
7AFL
13 January 2023

Former Richmond star Sydney Stack has pleaded guilty to fighting on the streets of Perth’s nightclub district, Northbridge.

The 22-year-old has been hit with a $500 fine, suspended for three months, after he was caught shaping up to another male before he started swinging punches.

He pleaded guilty to one charge of disorderly behaviour in public from an incident on a night out celebrating his cousin’s 21st birthday.

He appeared before Perth Magistrates’ Court on Friday, telling 7NEWS exclusively after the hearing that it was in “self-defense”.

“I’ve just got people trying to bring me down, mate, that’s it,” Stack told 7NEWS while walking out of court.

In September 2020, Stack was involved in a fight outside a Gold Coast strip club that saw him sent home from Richmond’s COVID hub.

Later that year, he spent Christmas behind bars after breaching Western Australia’s COVID quarantine restrictions - caught in an altercation, also in Northbridge.

Stack was delisted by Richmond at the end of last season.

He has been linked to a possible WAFL return. It isn’t clear how this latest incident will affect his football career.

https://7news.com.au/sport/afl/form...-behaviour-in-public-after-punch-up-c-9439959

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Troubled former @Richmond_FC player Sydney stack has fallen foul of the law again. The 22-year-old has been hit with a $500 dollar fine after swinging punches at a man in Perth’s nightclub district. He claims it was self-defence.

Watch news report here:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Former Richmond star Sydney Stack pleads guilty to disorderly behaviour in public after punch up

He claimed he has ‘just got people trying to bring me down’ while leaving Perth Magistrates’ Court.

Harrison Reid
7AFL
13 January 2023

Former Richmond star Sydney Stack has pleaded guilty to fighting on the streets of Perth’s nightclub district, Northbridge.

The 22-year-old has been hit with a $500 fine, suspended for three months, after he was caught shaping up to another male before he started swinging punches.

He pleaded guilty to one charge of disorderly behaviour in public from an incident on a night out celebrating his cousin’s 21st birthday.

He appeared before Perth Magistrates’ Court on Friday, telling 7NEWS exclusively after the hearing that it was in “self-defense”.

“I’ve just got people trying to bring me down, mate, that’s it,” Stack told 7NEWS while walking out of court.

In September 2020, Stack was involved in a fight outside a Gold Coast strip club that saw him sent home from Richmond’s COVID hub.

Later that year, he spent Christmas behind bars after breaching Western Australia’s COVID quarantine restrictions - caught in an altercation, also in Northbridge.

Stack was delisted by Richmond at the end of last season.

He has been linked to a possible WAFL return. It isn’t clear how this latest incident will affect his football career.

https://7news.com.au/sport/afl/form...-behaviour-in-public-after-punch-up-c-9439959
Oh no! This guy needs to go to church or a witch doctor to exorcise the bad juju around him. Or else take a leaf out of George Costanza and do the opposite of everything he would normally do. I'm feeling for the boy. Have been a big supporter. I understand why the club did what they did now. Just hope he has some genuine support around him. This could get a lot worse.

Reactions: 4 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Syd just continues to put himself into bad situations and make bad choices , he’s allready *smile* up his opportunity to set himself up for life as a professional athlete . Worry for me is his gradual climb in trouble , can’t see this ending well unless he gets some solid foundations around him that aren’t prison walls .

Reactions: 5 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Guess some people simply enjoy getting in strife, copping the clip under the ear n foot up the arse. Then blaming circumstances and others for their problems while going straight back out n doing the same dumb *smile* again.

He'll probably take two seconds to look back n wonder what the hell went wrong when he's about 40 or so, shrug the shoulders n carry on regardless.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Syd just continues to put himself into bad situations and make bad choices , he’s allready *smile* up his opportunity to set himself up for life as a professional athlete . Worry for me is his gradual climb in trouble , can’t see this ending well unless he gets some solid foundations around him that aren’t prison walls .
Sadly, there is precedent and a litany of others who wowed the AFL landscape with their amazing abilities yet found themselves in all sorts of heavy waters with sad outcomes.

Not just talking about aboriginal lads either.

Dan Connors, of recent times and the Bevvy of other kids that seem to fall foul of the law and destroy their futures.

It's not for everyone the elite level, thats why it's the elite level.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I’d say the main one trying to bring Syd down, is Syd himself.
Syd is on a fast track to ruin, the lad need to WTF up and get his head out of his arse.

He had what 4 odd years half a dozen lockers away from a mature head on a hardened body and mind who has been to the places Sys is headed and survived and did the hardest of hard yards to redeem his life not just his footy career.

Marlion Pickett ........how the F*& can a lad like Syd not take learnings from such a man.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

Stackey

Tiger Rookie
Jan 13, 2022
Syd is on a fast track to ruin, the lad need to WTF up and get his head out of his arse.

He had what 4 odd years half a dozen lockers away from a mature head on a hardened body and mind who has been to the places Sys is headed and survived and did the hardest of hard yards to redeem his life not just his footy career.

Marlion Pickett ........how the F*& can a lad like Syd not take learnings from such a man.
...a great man...

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

Marlion made a few blues when he was sydneys age.

sydney seems to have some rare qualities in abundance, beyond his spacial kinetic gifts

it'd be great outcome if he can apply them to something positive, however big or small.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
What's the latest Stack article in the Hun posted an hour ago? All i can read is "Sydney Stack 's excuse for..."

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
What's the latest Stack article in the Hun posted an hour ago? All i can read is "Sydney Stack 's excuse for..."
An ex-AFL star who copped a hefty fine for driving an unregistered car while drunk and unlicensed offered a bizarre excuse in court.
Sydney Stack, 22, who was delisted by Richmond at the end of last season after a string of off-field misdemeanours, was convicted and fined $1000 in the Melbourne Magistrates Court on Wednesday.

The defender didn’t appear in court but instead a short email detailing his excuses.

The email read: “I’m sorry I couldn’t be there. Thank you for your time.”

Prosecutors said that on September 10 last year Stack was observed by police driving an unregistered silver Kia Cerato through two red lights on Chapel St, South Yarra.

Stack was intercepted by police on nearby Bond St, where he failed to produce a driver’s licence.

He was taken to Prahran Police Station after undergoing a preliminary breath test, where he blew .102, the court heard.

When police asked why he had been drinking, he said that he had been moving house, the court heard.

Prosecutors said the ex-Richmond gun told police he had been trying to “catch the light” and said he thought his manager had “sorted out” his car registration.

Judicial Registrar Michael Gurvich fined Stack $1000 and convicted him for the charges, while his licence was suspended for 10 months effective from September 10.

Stack, who finished third in the 2019 Rising Star awards, played 35 games for Richmond over four seasons.

He has returned to WA, where he is expected to play for his boyhood WAFL side, the Perth Demons, in the upcoming season.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Syd's excuse for driving, he was moving house.............moving house at 3.20am.

• Haha
  • Love

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I'll always be fond of Syd. As Ezy points out he has some special qualities outside of football.

Hopefully something inspires him

Reactions: 10 users

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Staggered he got off lightly . No suspended sentence. No good behaviour bond . Small fine . License gone for 10 months . I know many who have been over the limit and had to go back to court to get their licence back after 2 years . Devices had to be fitted to the cars etc . Keep in mind 6 offences here .Amazing ! Because he is who ? Unlicensed, Unregistered. Red lights . Double the limit . Then the article says a hefty fine . It’s not even weeks salary !!!! $1000 is nothing !

• Love