Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Charged with drink driving September 10. Delisted on October 13. Can do the math.

Why anyone would drink & drive in an age of Uber has me beat?
Very reckless by Stack & it puts others at risk.
My sympathy levels have dropped & can see why the club's patience ran out.

Reactions: 6 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Just hasn’t grown up the “boy”. Upbringing hasn’t helped but he’s had a lot of change chances the last few years but he just doesn’t seem capable yet.

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Plenty of great role models were around him in an amazing environment at the Tiges. No excuses

Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Straighten up Syd, there's still time, please don't let this be the beginning of a downwards spiral.
It would be terrible to see you waste your talent like the Dayle Garlett's, Chris Yarran's, Lawrence Angwin's, Daniel Connor's and Harley Bennell's did.

Reactions: 2 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Straighten up Syd, there's still time, please don't let this be the beginning of a downwards spiral.
It would be terrible to see you waste your talent like the Dayle Garlett's, Chris Yarran's, Lawrence Angwin's, Daniel Connor's and Harley Bennell's did.
Tigerman is really Gary Ayres?

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Charged with drink driving September 10. Delisted on October 13. Can do the math.
Was stated in media he was going to be precontracted before the list lodgement.

I reckon Syd was going to be playing for the RFC in 2023 before this last act of dumb arsery, which probably saw his contract or agreement torn up on the 11th or 12th.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Isn't Harley having yet another run pre season at the GoDeez?

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
A ridiculous waste of raw talent.
The AFL system isn't for everyone. Plenty of raw talent in the bush Leagues too.
The full time professionalism is what a lot of kids struggle with. Especially many Indigenous kids from challenging backgrounds.
Easy to cast judgement when coming from privileged environments but not until you've walked in those person's shoes do you really know what they're faced with. It's why the success stories need to be roundly celebrated & not taken for granted.

Syd has oodles of footy talent. One of the most gifted young footballers I've ever seen. Won't be easily forgotten for that scintillating debut season inspite of what has unfolded since.

Reactions: 3 users

checkside

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2005
Australia
A friend sent me a screen shot of a photo Syd uploaded on social media a few days ago, showing full busted up and scabbed knuckles. Not a good look for him at the moment.
He removed the photo after a heap of comments apparently but I think he’s a long way from getting himself on the right track.

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
The AFL system isn't for everyone. Plenty of raw talent in the bush Leagues too.
The full time professionalism is what a lot of kids struggle with. Especially many Indigenous kids from challenging backgrounds.
Easy to cast judgement when coming from privileged environments but not until you've walked in those person's shoes do you really know what they're faced with. It's why the success stories need to be roundly celebrated & not taken for granted.

Syd has oodles of footy talent. One of the most gifted young footballers I've ever seen. Won't be easily forgotten for that scintillating debut season inspite of what has unfolded since.
I agree and get the struggles some of these kids face.
I was more lamenting what we have potentially missed.
Best of luck to the young bloke.