Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
A wasted talent.
He just wasn't cut out for AFL.
Kid could have been anything and some.
Burned brightly and disssapeared.

Reactions: 5 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
There’s a YouTube clip of his 2019 highlights , he honestly looked like being a great on the back of that , first years in the system don’t come along much better than that , real shame it unraveled the way it did , and I bet there’s a string of I told you so s in recruiting circles
He will be only 24 next year.
Mature. Stengle part 2.1?
Bring him over give him 1 last shot to complete a full preseason, any fkups send him home.
Don't sign till he has completed the preseason.
The club will gain more respect and give this kid 1 more chance

Reactions: 1 user

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Bring him over give him 1 last shot to complete a full preseason, any fkups send him home.
If I was Yze I'd have a convo with him at least

Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I'd be ok with Syd training with us, if the players are ok with playing with him again, though you'd think that if he was keen on having another crack he would've played WAFL footy this year instead of country footy.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
If I was Yze I'd have a convo with him at least
I wouldn’t. He’s playing suburban footy in Perth, that’s how far he’s fallen from being an AFL player and it’s a slide that’s been going since his first season in 2019.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Isn’t the first and won’t be the last super talented footballer who just couldn’t cut it . Thing is with Syd he dosent love football , I’d say he doesn’t even really like it , is just a way to get some coin .

As long as he keeps involved in a footy club it gives him some hope , otherwise who knows .

Sad and disappointing story is Sydney

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Someone else should try don’t think a familiar environment would necessarily spark him

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I wouldnt be against it, IF and only IF he really wanted to do it.

Hed be running out of cash by now from his AFL years and that might be the spur to make him want to go at it again,.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Isn’t the first and won’t be the last super talented footballer who just couldn’t cut it . Thing is with Syd he dosent love football , I’d say he doesn’t even really like it , is just a way to get some coin .

As long as he keeps involved in a footy club it gives him some hope , otherwise who knows .

Might be some truth there CC I agree with this summation also.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
After starring on a back flank in his debut year Dimma moved him to the small fwd grave yard which completely destroyed his confidence and motivation. He could have become a kiddy Coleman half back if we persisted with him there.
Ah, the myth of Stack as this great defender that might have been.

Remember, our coaches chose to play Baker, a player that had never played as a defender his entire life ahead of Stack in the back half of 2019. Wonder why that was?

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Leave him be. Footy is not for everyone.
He seems to enjoy life. That’s the main thing.

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008

To quote the great Pat Cash “I don’t like tennis, I’m just really good at it”
Suspect the same for Sydney

Reactions: 1 users

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
To quote the great Pat Cash “I don’t like tennis, I’m just really good at it”
Suspect the same for Sydney
The story of Australian tennis players since the 90s, the only ones who liked it were Rafter & Hewett, the rest were more interested in being celebrities and collecting big paychecks.

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
You mean male Australian tennis players?
Mostly but even Barty didn't particularly like it, she's not in the same class as Philippoussis, Tomic or Kyrgios however, these guys make McEnroe look like a golden child.

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Please spare me

• Haha

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Mostly but even Barty didn't particularly like it, she's not in the same class as Philippoussis, Tomic or Kyrgios however, these guys make McEnroe look like a golden child.
She liked the game, she didn’t like the grind of the circuit. She also wasn’t obsessive about tennis, and had other sporting interests. Stack struck me as someone who liked football, but only when it was fun. He started to slip when the realities of being a professional footballer hit.

• Sad