Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Syd is playing in the GF for Carey Park in the South West Football League tomorrow.

Ironically Syd and Bobby Hill are first cousins. As much as I loved Syd, we picked the wrong cousin.
Stacky an extremely talented footballer, could do it all except focus.

Played with a chip on his shoulder and lost the drive after in his mind had proved the doubters wrong and made it in 2019.

Save for an ankle injury could've also been a premiership player, ironically most likely instead of Marlion.

Reactions: 5 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Syd is playing in the GF for Carey Park in the South West Football League tomorrow.

Ironically Syd and Bobby Hill are first cousins. As much as I loved Syd, we picked the wrong cousin.
We couldve had Tarranto and Hill and still have pick 6 this year

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Little kid to Jack Viney at a Casey Fields clinic: Hey do you know Sydney Stack?
Response: Not very well. Where is he now?
I think he had that one ready…

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users

checkside

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2005
Australia

Believe Syd signed with Perth demons this year. Played maybe 1-3 game of reserves. Pending court case again.

Syd if he could have gotten *smile* *smile* together would have been a better player than Bobby. Unfortunately he didn’t had the desire.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Believe Syd signed with Perth demons this year. Played maybe 1-3 game of reserves. Pending court case again.
Yes, he played two reserve games. Syd would be making more money playing country football than he would playing WAFL. Would be a lot less training commitments too.

Disco Soars

Tiger Cub
May 8, 2023
It's a crying shame that Sydney couldn't maintain the commitment required to have a long and successful AFL career. As much as he was a human highlights reel in 2019, his cool head and precision kicking was invaluable when we were injury-ravaged that season - it was as if he'd already played 200+ games.

Reactions: 10 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
we gave him plenty of opportunities, it's on him not us.
We did give him lots of chances outside of football but when it came to football we kept playing him out of position he was a HB not a mid or a small forward
We were obsessed with turning HB into HF and vice versa

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
It's a crying shame that Sydney couldn't maintain the commitment required to have a long and successful AFL career. As much as he was a human highlights reel in 2019, his cool head and precision kicking was invaluable when we were injury-ravaged that season - it was as if he'd already played 200+ games.

we gave him plenty of opportunities, it's on him not us.

Problem was we probably moved on a player or two to accommodate him thinking that we'd found a player.
His demise was more costly than just losing a player & Syd losing his career. Every list management decision has an impact.

Reactions: 10 users
Jan 12, 2012
Melbourne
Problem was we probably moved on a player or two to accommodate him thinking that we'd found a player.
His demise was more costly than just losing a player & Syd losing his career. Every list management decision has an impact.
Although I agree, I still think his ceiling was high enough to take the gamble. Shame for us that he never reached that ceiling. AFL life just wasn’t for him.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
After starring on a back flank in his debut year Dimma moved him to the small fwd grave yard which completely destroyed his confidence and motivation. He could have become a kiddy Coleman half back if we persisted with him there.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Wildride

Tiger Superstar
Sep 6, 2006
Brisbane
After starring on a back flank in his debut year Dimma moved him to the small fwd grave yard which completely destroyed his confidence and motivation. He could have become a kiddy Coleman half back if we persisted with him there.
Possibly - certainly had the talent to do that but never had the dedication. Don’t think it would’ve turned out any differently if he’d stayed in the back line.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
He shitts all over Kitty. That's why they call him Kitty. He might kick beautifully but he takes the best short steps in the game. Stack loved hitting and smashing into players.
Stack is the one that got away.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Stacky an extremely talented footballer, could do it all except focus.

Played with a chip on his shoulder and lost the drive after in his mind had proved the doubters wrong and made it in 2019.

Save for an ankle injury could've also been a premiership player, ironically most likely instead of Marlion.
There’s a YouTube clip of his 2019 highlights , he honestly looked like being a great on the back of that , first years in the system don’t come along much better than that , real shame it unraveled the way it did , and I bet there’s a string of I told you so s in recruiting circles

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Aghh rubbish , in that Covid year we played haw early he was deep back gave away a couple of howler frees that resulted in goals and it never got much better , with a questionable preparation his performance trended accordingly, it’s all on him buddy dont be laying blame elsewhere