Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Sydney Stack has been signed by Swan Districts on a 2 year deal. Only played the 2 games for Perth in '23 before heading to a lower league.

Reactions: 2 users

wigglyworm

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 22, 2008
Was at the ground for his first game against GWS. The whole game was a cluster for he Tigers. Remember shorty running past us with his elbow dangling from a dislocation and I think Cotchin also did one of his many hamstrings that year.

The Talent of Stacky was amazing for a first game player.

As I recall he had not done much in the Ressies to get the call up.

Wasted Talent. Hope he kicks on at Swan Districts but coming from a long way back.

Reactions: 1 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
I'm glad he's playing again !

If there is a coulda shoulda woulda in recent times it's Syd

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Sydney Stack has been signed by Swan Districts on a 2 year deal. Only played the 2 games for Perth in '23 before heading to a lower league.

There is a reason he went to Swans.

Wants to have another crack at an AFL career, trying to emulate what Andrew Krakouer did.

Probably not that well known, but Swans have a history of giving these sort of troubled talents a chance at turning things round.

Reactions: 5 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
I'm glad he's playing again !

If there is a coulda shoulda woulda in recent times it's Syd
Best Talented kid I've seen.
His 1st 5 games shiit all over Dacios and any other kid.
He was playing tough but skilful.
He kicked beautifully.
It's a shame that he couldn't calm down and work at playing footy.
It wasn't as he didn't have role models.
I went down to punt Rd 1 week in late 19 and he was laughing and hanging around Rioli & Bolton.
Everything was unreal.
I think Covid ended his career. He couldn't be caged up. He wanted the freedom.
Arr what a spew

Reactions: 4 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021

Wants to have another crack at an AFL career, trying to emulate what Andrew Krakouer did.

Probably not that well known, but Swans have a history of giving these sort of troubled talents a chance at turning things round.
Wasn't Garth Taylor from SD?
Ugle??
Menogla??

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne

Marlion as well?

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Best Talented kid I've seen.
His 1st 5 games shiit all over Dacios and any other kid.
He was playing tough but skilful.
He kicked beautifully.
It's a shame that he couldn't calm down and work at playing footy.
It wasn't as he didn't have role models.
I went down to punt Rd 1 week in late 19 and he was laughing and hanging around Rioli & Bolton.
Everything was unreal.
I think Covid ended his career. He couldn't be caged up. He wanted the freedom.
Arr what a spew
The myth of Sydney Stack continues to grow. Apparently his first five games are better than Nick Daicos!?!?

Please, Daicos is the most impactful draftee since Judd. Stack was good but no where near the level of Daicos.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
The myth of Sydney Stack continues to grow. Apparently his first five games are better than Nick Daicos!?!?

Please, Daicos is the most impactful draftee since Judd. Stack was good but no where near the level of Daicos.
I'm being pedantic, but based purely on their respective first 5 games, I don't think its a stretch. Looking wholey and soley at their first 5, I reckon Stackey would Stack up. Better? probably not, but its by no means ludicrous. They were both absolute sensations first 5 games. Stacky was more inside and hard hitting in those games than Daicos. As you say, there is no denying Daicos went on the be a phenomenon, a superstar, while Stacky turned out to be a flash in the pan.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
I'm being pedantic, but based purely on their respective first 5 games, I don't think it’s a stretch. Looking wholey and soley at their first 5, I reckon Stackey would Stack up. Better? probably not, but its by no means ludicrous. They were both absolute sensations first 5 games. Stacky was more inside and hard hitting in those games than Daicos. As you say, there is no denying Daicos went on the be a phenomenon, a superstar, while Stacky turned out to be a flash in the pan.
Stack averaged 16 disposals across his first five games. Not bad, not bad at all.

Nick Daicos averaged 26.

Reactions: 1 user

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Stack averaged 16 disposals across his first five games. Not bad, not bad at all.

Nick Daicos averaged 26.
remembering we're only looking at first 5. Not all about possies, few dinkies with Daics. Few speccies and hard hits with Stack. Like I said, you're probably right, but it isn't a crazy proposition.