Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I see he played senior WAFL the last 3 games, averaged mid teens touches, which is not bad for a kid carrying a big caboose , people underate how important having a tank is, he may simply not have a tank from not been at the footballl fitness he should be, been AFL system will fix that, looks a mid to me not a smalll forward

E

easy_tiger

a bit of a jimmy krakeouer vibe

I don't think I've ever spelt krakeuoer right in my entire life.

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
easy said:
a bit of a jimmy krakeouer vibe

I don't think I've ever spelt krakeuoer right in my entire life.

Nice one Polly ;D

Mr Brightside said:
I see he played senior WAFL the last 3 games, averaged mid teens touches, which is not bad for a kid carrying a big caboose , people underate how important having a tank is, he may simply not have a tank from not been at the footballl fitness he should be, been AFL system will fix that, looks a mid to me not a smalll forward

He's a mid but may need to reinvent at AFL, if he doesn't have the height he needs elite endurance, can't see him ever getting close with those numbers.

footballmonk

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 7, 2008
TOT70 said:
Some of the kids that come from unorthodox family backgrounds have very good reasons for why they are not as fit as Private school kids and city boys, who get things handed to them.

Maybe he comes from a remote background and didn’t have a parent who could (or was able to) commit to driving him to training several times each week? Maybe he made the State team despite some of these things, because of his natural talent? We don’t know about these things but the clubs do.

If Dimma is going to take him in before they draft him, it is likely that the club wants to look at how he adapts to the professionalism of AFL footy before they commit to him.

Really good post. With the private school takeover of the draft in recent years, it’s easy to forget that not all these kids necessarily have the support they need to present at their best at the combine. Highlights certainly indicate talent and he doesn’t appear slow over short distances.

It’s a free look.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I like what we are doing with this one. plenty of upside but get a chance to see if he can step up in the right environment.

If we don't take him I wonder who else we go for as after the Weller pickup we will still be 1 short on the list. We will likely have a plan B.

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
In the articles, it sounds like he had a pretty rugged home life and was busting to get out. We have a whole institute there to support him. Smart move I recon.

(He’s got a stack of talent)

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
TOT70 said:
Some of the kids that come from unorthodox family backgrounds have very good reasons for why they are not as fit as Private school kids and city boys, who get things handed to them.

Maybe he comes from a remote background and didn’t have a parent who could (or was able to) commit to driving him to training several times each week? Maybe he made the State team despite some of these things, because of his natural talent? We don’t know about these things but the clubs do.

If Dimma is going to take him in before they draft him, it is likely that the club wants to look at how he adapts to the professionalism of AFL footy before they commit to him.

It’s a free look.

In one of the articles, Sydney comes out and says that things had been rough at home and he couldn't wait to move interstate so he could get away from it all and focus on footy.

While he has a truckload to prove, if the above holds true he is part of the way to making something of this chance he has been given.

DRioli stayed with Dimma, and Mrs Dimma of course, didn't he? Winna, Winna, staying with Dimma...

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
The only negative from my point of view is our recent history with alliterative names. Clayton Collard, Relton Roberts, Troy Taylor, Marty McGrath and Kayle Kirby do not fill me with any confidence that we will get a different result with Sidney Stack.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Not sure that we need another small, would rather we were looking at another ruckman.

E

easy_tiger

Mr Brightside said:
The highlights pack on the AFL site shows a bit to like , got some poise

I agree

should be called Perth Poise

instead of Sydney Stack

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
bullus_hit said:
Poor for AFL, the lowest would be 19
As a matter of interest what did Turner score? (think he was the kid we got that did well in that test)

I back the Club in on this one, it's basically a free hit.

E

easy_tiger

Mr Brightside said:
It may just take off ;D

Mrs Hardwick has a 100% success rate feeding and tucking in premiership heroes doesn't she?

I think getting PP to the big dance will be like shelling peas for her.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
get him in and around Cotchin, Jack, Riewoldt, Dusty and of course most importantly Sheds and Daniel.

Shedda and Daniel might be able to exert some serious influence upon the lad.

Worth a shot if they wanted another ruck I dare say they wouldve taken one if they deemed one worth taking

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
easy said:
Mrs Hardwick has a 100% success rate feeding and tucking in premiership heroes doesn't she?

I think getting PP to the big dance will be like shelling peas for her.
I’d say she’ll have him studying law in the evenings

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
taztiger4 said:
supplemental selection period, applies if you've previously been on a list or have nominated for a draft. can select players between Dec 1 & March 15

Some people are referring to it as a mid season draft
Thanks Taz

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I thought it was an underwhelming highlights package. The only good thing was that he was able to dispose despite always being harassed when he had the ball.