Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
No disrespect to Syd but I take social media posts with a grain of salt. If he's done the work it will show in his footy, not on tiktok.:cool:
Come on Tooheys. Tik Tok and Insta are the new real. A perfect window to peoples genuine lives and abilities.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Richo writes a good little article for the website saying Stacky should play forward because anyone who can kick multiple goals should play there, then buggered it up by saying "with Rioli playing back".
Rioli/Stack = xfactor and goal sense.
Train them up Tigers. The answer to our small forward problems is right there!

Reactions: 1 users

Hayfever

Tiger Champion
Apr 12, 2005
I really like the promise Daniel showed down back in 2021. And I agree with Richo re the Stackman. If Sydney is on his game I’d certainly prefer him ahead of George.

Reactions: 7 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
IMHO Syd has triple the talent DRioli does , in fact I’d say he’s better at every aspect of the game other then training work rate and maturity

Reactions: 4 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Richo writes a good little article for the website saying Stacky should play forward because anyone who can kick multiple goals should play there, then buggered it up by saying "with Rioli playing back".
Rioli/Stack = xfactor and goal sense.
Train them up Tigers. The answer to our small forward problems is right there!
Add Moju to that with Bolton and Martin floating through and its almost as dangerous as Kossie and Tom MacDonald ................ffs.

Melbourne Deez is where its at all of a sudden the Mighty Tigers are dead and buried and never happened.

They are even putting up a poll with Petracca as a better #2 draft pick than Cotchin a 3 x Premiership Captain 250+ games plus and a Brownlow.

A Tiger revival even if just for 2022 to pinch the flag again would be so so so sweet, it would dead set boil the pisss of the AFL media haters.

Please Let It Happen.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users

Frank Booth

Tiger Cub
Apr 9, 2016
History will show SS worthy of being a top 10 pick such is his talent. Just needs to keep working hard on and off the field

Reactions: 3 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I thought his best game was against stkilda at the testie dome in his first year and he was a forward that day.
Bolton Castagna and Stack
Unbelievable

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I really like the promise Daniel showed down back in 2021. And I agree with Richo re the Stackman. If Sydney is on his game I’d certainly prefer him ahead of George.
I don’t know where stacks best position is because he can play both. Maybe richo is right because we do have options down back.
Stack can replace Castagna because he can take a grab as well as play at ground level as George can ( or used to ) but the thing he may not have is the pressure that Castagna puts on defensively.

Reactions: 1 user
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com

Gale admits a soft spot for the recently recontracted Stack, whose last four games were excellent in a seven-game season ruined by a stint in a Perth jail over a Covid breach.

“I am proud of him. Not quite this time last year but close to it, he was in prison. So he’s fought his way back. He can play. He can really play. I reckon he’s only scratched the surface. His potential is very high. He is a good man, Sydney. He has had a bit of bad luck in his life but we love him and have great belief in him.”

Great quote from Benny. Very encouraging.

• Love
Reactions: 14 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
when are the younger players due back to training? Most interested in what shape Stack returns

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
when are the younger players due back to training? Most interested in what shape Stack returns

Funny you should ask that @Harry I had my 1st sighting of Syd today at PRO, he was just on his own walking around and having a few shots at goal. I initially thought it was Shedda but when i spotted the headphones :) i knew it was Stackman;).
I were suprised by his upper body rig, looks like he has been in the gym.
That'll do me at this stage just happy to see him out on the ground.
No players are officially back training but most will make use of the club facilities from time to time for their off-season programes.
1 - 4 years players usually start training together late November?
Anyways, be assured I will be watching.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users