Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Given he wont have a contract the idea of him doing any fitness work over summer is remote IMO.

He's done.
Should be the total opposite if he had any aspirations of getting picked up by a club

so disappointing when players with the talent to actually play at the highest level take that for granted and *smile* it up

Reactions: 2 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
so disappointing when players with the talent to actually play at the highest level take that for granted and *smile* it up
Their choice.
At the end of the day, we’re all just selfish supporters who want to be entertained.

Reactions: 5 users

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
Should be the total opposite if he had any aspirations of getting picked up by a club

That’s the way life is. Wasted aspirations or potential to AFL football are not the only opportunities lost or spurned.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Troy Taylor, Marty McGrath were insanely talented lads too that couldn't come to grips with what was required.

Stackie still has time to change his course.
its not only indigenous kids who struggle with the demands of an elite professional sport

• Love
Reactions: 14 users

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Their choice.
At the end of the day, we’re all just selfish supporters who want to be entertained.
They have always had that choice but they perused the AFL life style and the $$$
And they are still trying to remain.

We selfish supporters in 1 way or another "Paying for their salaries by buying memberships , Merch and pay TV as well as being targets for sponsors"

I wouldnt call expecting a level of commitment to be selfish

Reactions: 1 user

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
They have always had that choice but they perused the AFL life style and the $$$
And they are still trying to remain.

We selfish supporters in 1 way or another "Paying for their salaries by buying memberships , Merch and pay TV as well as being targets for sponsors"

I wouldnt call expecting a level of commitment to be selfish
He tried it and it wasn’t for him. He couldn’t find the inner motivation to match his abilities. He gave us some thrills along the way.
Who are you disappointed for? Him or yourself?

Reactions: 1 users

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Troy Taylor, Marty McGrath were insanely talented lads too that couldn't come to grips with what was required.

Stackie still has time to change his course.
Know an ex player who was at Richmond with Troy Taylor. Reckons his on field talent was off the charts, used to torch experienced players with ease. But off field was the complete opposite. In my friends opinion he was completely unsuited to the AFL life and it ended as such. He reckons Troy could have done with a season or 2 in the SANFL to slowly get used to what was required before having to step up to AFL. Said he was a great fella.

Reactions: 5 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Know an ex player who was at Richmond with Troy Taylor. Reckons his on field talent was off the charts, used to torch experienced players with ease. But off field was the complete opposite. In my friends opinion he was completely unsuited to the AFL life and it ended as such. He reckons Troy could have done with a season or 2 in the SANFL to slowly get used to what was required before having to step up to AFL. Said he was a great fella.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
its not only indigenous kids who struggle with the demands of an elite professional sport
That’s absolutely true. I think why they get over represented in this space is that many of them have to adapt to a massive change in lifestyle and it’s not because they are indigenous but because of the background they have.
I wonder if players like McGrath and Taylor may have flourished in the environment of today’s RFC? The “brothers” seem to support each other so well and clearly the club as a whole has much better support structures than they did in the past.

Reactions: 6 users

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
He tried it and it wasn’t for him. He couldn’t find the inner motivation to match his abilities. He gave us some thrills along the way.
Who are you disappointed for? Him or yourself?
Both

Would have been great as a Richmond supporter to see such a talent prosper and become a Richmond great similar to Bolton etc
Also disappointed for him both mentally & Financially he could have developed himself more as a mature person player and had another $5 million dollars to his future.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
100%, amongst Caucasians, our very own Dan Connors springs to mind, very talented but not committed enough to succeed.
Spot on.
Kayne Pettifer another who never busted a gut.
Played some games but could have done a lot more with his career.