Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
In trouble again…..

Former Richmond Tigers star Sydney Stack to face court over serious driving charges​

Delisted Tigers star Sydney Stack is in trouble with the law once again, with a string of alleged dangerous driving offences set to land him in court next month.

Former Richmond footy player Sydney Stack will face court next month over a raft of serious driving charges, including drink driving without a licence.
The Herald Sun can reveal the recently delisted Stack will face the Melbourne Magistrates’ Court on February 1 for a mention hearing relating to six charges including drink driving, unlicensed driving and driving an unregistered vehicle.

The former Tiger has also been charged with two counts of entering an intersection against a red traffic light.

The 22-year-old has been charged by Victoria Police’s Prahran uniform division.

Stack was signed to the Tigers ahead of the 2019 season and played 35 games across four seasons before being delisted at the end of 2022.

Born in Western Australia, Stack faced a series of off-field controversies while contracted to Richmond.

Sad, very sad.

Hopefully he can get his act together but I suspect it will take at least a couple of years.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
I'm still on holidays and have had a few. Did I read correctly that this involves running a red light? Not condoning criminal activity but surely this is on the lesser end of significance?

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I'm still on holidays and have had a few. Did I read correctly that this involves running a red light? Not condoning criminal activity but surely this is on the lesser end of significance?
Yep. Way better than other stories of sports players involved in domestic abuse, rape or drugs.

Born_a_Tiger78

Tiger Rookie
Jul 16, 2008
For clarity it may have been one event only.
Drove through an intersection against the red light, pulled over and charged with drunk driving, unlicensed driving and driving an unregistered vehicle.
Its reported as multiple charges (true) but that doesnt mean he has done it multiple times.
Regardless life can be a difficult learning curve especially for young blokes and an elite sports career isnt for Stacky atm
I'll clarify it a bit further:

- Probably driving without a license
- Probably driving an unregistered vehicle
- Probably drink driving, not sure what he blew, however should not have been driving
- Probably drove through a red light that he should not have been going through, in an unregistered car, without a license, whilst perhaps being over the legal BAC limit.

If all of the above is correct, it's certainly a series of silly decisions.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
I'll clarify it a bit further:

- Probably driving without a license
- Probably driving an unregistered vehicle
- Probably drink driving, not sure what he blew, however should not have been driving
- Probably drove through a red light that he should not have been going through, in an unregistered car, without a license, whilst perhaps being over the legal BAC limit.

If all of the above is correct, it's certainly a series of silly decisions.
One event. Not a prolonged reoccurrence of bad decisions.
Im gonna drive even though i shouldnt.
And he shouldnt have
And lucky that people werent injured or killed

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Wheels fell off at the end with that ankle, I think his poor condition early doors didn't help him at the end of the year as he started to tail off due to the grind.

I still think moving him from HB contributed to his drop off.

Syds misfortune saw Marlion get his GF debut, otherwise Syd would've had a Premiership Medal to wear in his Tik Tok

Didn't he injure his ankle playing at windy Hill

in the 2's?

vids.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
I’m interested in when the offences actually occurred.
Wonder whether it was during the season as the charge is being laid by Prahran Police here in Victoria.
This offence may have contributed to his delisting. Or was it more recently?
Im led to believe that he relocated to WA pretty much straight after the season and spent the Xmas/NY period over there.
I can get over his wasted talent but it appears he cannot stop making bad decisions which is a far bigger problem
I reckon the club knew. And if they didn’t this franks their decision.

Sad case all round.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne

Sad case all round.
That could be the case

When X was interviewed late last year he was optimistic about SS situation and things changed and was delisted
there was also the comments about rookie listing a player that had been delisted and that also didnt occur

Good luck to SS and hope he finds what he is looking for and plays some good football somewhere
Its a real shame though he certainly had the talent that could have played 200+ games

Reactions: 4 users

DjJazzyPete

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 8, 2014
Nata , Botswana
Well he has made a lot of choices that has got him to where he is now . So much talent . IF he makes different choices he might get on the Docker or Eagles lists at some time .

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Big surprise that Dusty was not named in some form or another.
As for Stacky, he has a bit of history and he needs to get his act together or he will pay a heavy price.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Exactly, the lad is still a baby and has plenty of time to get there, and is coming from what sounds like the most challenging of starting points.

Don't really get the chips at our moved on players, whether Stack or CCJ or Griffiths or Vickery or anyone. Hope they all do well at whatever they do.
Griffiths wasn’t moved on. He moved himself on.

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Should have taken the lead of 17 other clubs and not drafted him .. it’s not worth it . Does anyone know who paid the fine during the CoVid fiasco ?

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
One event. Not a prolonged reoccurrence of bad decisions.
Im gonna drive even though i shouldnt.
And he shouldnt have
And lucky that people werent injured or killed.

If the allegations are true, then it's a series of bad decisions.

No licence
Unregistered car
Drinking
red light

Hope he can turn his life around - must be hard having it all ahead of you in 2019 only to lose it all.

Reactions: 1 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
running a red light isn't exactly small. it's dumb and reckless.

Reactions: 3 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Lesser until he hits another car and kills someome you mean?

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
Picture can be painted anyway you want without the full evidence. Here's one that might suit:

Syd's out having a few drinks with a friend. He's had a couple but not excessive. He's slightly over the BAC. His mate drove them both there in his car as Syd can't drive cause his license is not valid. The mates car is unregistered, but Syd doesn't know that. While out the mate hurts himself bad, real bad. Needs hospital treatment immediately. Syd does the rash thing, cause he sometimes does that and grabs the keys, loads old mate into the car and drives within the speed limit to the hospital. He decides to flow through a red shortly after it changes because his mate is in a bad state.
Revenue Raiser Policeman armed with radar gun resting near the road pings the barely run red and stops the car. Syd explains the situation but RRP knows who he has stopped and recognises a quota filling payday and a good pub story.

Journo takes said truth and creates the 30 second lie to be sold as fact so Gerry Harvey can sell more junk. Gerry's sales plummet on good news. We need fear and outrage.

• Dislike
  • Love
  • Haha

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018

Sad case all round.
Found out today the driving charges happened recently as in a couple of days ago.
He’s trying his hand down at St Kilda atm.
Or at least he was.

Last edited:

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
The article mentions two counts of entering an intersection against a red light.

It’s not a huge string of traffic offences but it’s probably going to cost Sydders his next chance.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Picture can be painted anyway you want without the full evidence. Here's one that might suit:

Syd's out having a few drinks with a friend. He's had a couple but not excessive. He's slightly over the BAC. His mate drove them both there in his car as Syd can't drive cause his license is not valid. The mates car is unregistered, but Syd doesn't know that. While out the mate hurts himself bad, real bad. Needs hospital treatment immediately. Syd does the rash thing, cause he sometimes does that and grabs the keys, loads old mate into the car and drives within the speed limit to the hospital. He decides to flow through a red shortly after it changes because his mate is in a bad state.
Revenue Raiser Policeman armed with radar gun resting near the road pings the barely run red and stops the car. Syd explains the situation but RRP knows who he has stopped and recognises a quota filling payday and a good pub story.

Journo takes said truth and creates the 30 second lie to be sold as fact so Gerry Harvey can sell more junk. Gerry's sales plummet on good news. We need fear and outrage.
Yeah, that is all possible.......

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Speaking as someone who has had a close family friend lose 3 people to a driver who was drunk and went through a red light, I'm surprised at the language used in this thread.
Drink driving is serious. It has the potential to kill.

I feel like some people here are looking at Sydney the ex-Tiger not the Sydney the failed afl player who has been making a string of poor decisions. I do empathise with him, particularly the term in prison, but he regularly shows a lack of good judgement. At some point you have to stop making excuses for him.

• Sad
Reactions: 18 users