Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Yeah he *smile* up bad considering he has everything to prove to somebody

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
What stands out to me about Sydney Stack in the last 4 years is he does not respect Rules or the Law

He just does not adhere to rules , law & Conditions and thinks his above all this

Doesnt matter how much talent you have that wont get you through

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Should have taken the lead of 17 other clubs and not drafted him .. it’s not worth it . Does anyone know who paid the fine during the CoVid fiasco ?
You wouldn’t have drafted Marion Pickett either.
Provably would have sided with KB and sacked Dusty too.
How’s the view from your high horse?

Reactions: 5 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Revenue Raiser Policeman armed with radar gun resting near the road pings the barely run red and stops the car. Syd explains the situation but RRP knows who he has stopped and recognises a quota filling payday and a good pub story.

Mr Policeman would have had a huge laugh if Sydney tried to fly a story that elaborately bizarre. And still would have booked him, as he should.

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
You wouldn’t have drafted Marion Pickett either.
Provably would have sided with KB and sacked Dusty too.
How’s the view from your high horse?

Sydney is about the same age as Marlion when got out of jail. It took Marlion several years of strong state league footy to earn a place at an AFL club and even then he had his ups and downs with the law and football form. Hopefully this is bottom of the barrel for Sydney, which serves as a wake up call and he knuckles down to make the most of his talent.

Reactions: 3 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Sydney is about the same age as Marlion when got out of jail. It took Marlion several years of strong state league footy to earn a place at an AFL club and even then he had his ups and downs with the law and football form. Hopefully this is bottom of the barrel for Sydney, which serves as a wake up call and he knuckles down to make the most of his talent.
To say we should never have taken a chance on Sydney is a ridiculous statement

Reactions: 7 users

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
My brother in law had a Christmas party at the Richmond club hotel upstairs last year that was shared with the tiger boys. Had some pretty damning things to say about syd’s behaviour. Unfortunately another one of our stars was just as bad. Wrote him off after hearing this. Hope the kid gets help and is ok moving forward.

jimbob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 20, 2008
Traralgon
My brother in law had a Christmas party at the Richmond club hotel upstairs last year that was shared with the tiger boys. Had some pretty damning things to say about syd’s behaviour. Unfortunately another one of our stars was just as bad. Wrote him off after hearing this. Hope the kid gets help and is ok moving forward.
More concerned about the star still on our list……..

Reactions: 1 users

Tigers4

Tiger Rookie
Feb 5, 2022
We’ve had a lot of players with “issues” yet club didn’t give stack a fair go after a mistake most kids his age would make .

• Haha

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
What stands out to me about Sydney Stack in the last 4 years is he does not respect Rules or the Law

He just does not adhere to rules , law & Conditions and thinks his above all this

100% correct
He thinks he is better than everyone else

• Dislike

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
If the allegations are true, then it's a series of bad decisions.

No licence
Unregistered car
Drinking
red light

Hope he can turn his life around - must be hard having it all ahead of you in 2019 only to lose it all.
I'd see it as one decision but multiple infractions

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006

From day one, got dropped from junior state duties as well, tracked in a similar manner to Garlett, some players don't have it in their DNA.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I'd see it as one decision but multiple infractions
Yeah, I'd see the decision to drive unlicenced as a bad decision, decision to drive an unregistered car another bad decision - maybe you could argue these are connected.

The decision to drink then drive is a completely separate decision... the red light - ok, an accident/lack of attention rather than a decision.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
We’ve had a lot of players with “issues” yet club didn’t give stack a fair go after a mistake most kids his age would make .

LOL what? He'd already left the club after this incident.

If you are talking about the kebabgate thing, we kept paying him and kept him on the list for two years after that.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Yeah, I'd see the decision to drive unlicenced as a bad decision, decision to drive an unregistered car another bad decision - maybe you could argue these are connected.

The decision to drink then drive is a completely separate decision... the red light - ok, an accident/lack of attention rather than a decision.
If he was intoxicated, it could be impaired ability to drive and make decisions.
Each individual infraction requires an individual decision. They might have all been undertaken in the same time space, but you have to make a choice on what to do each time.
I hope Syd gets support post career. I hope he adjusts his choices. I loved watching him play and probably disproportionately hoped he'd succeed.
But let's stop the bleeding heart response. If it was some ratbag from Workingclassarea_01, no on here would be making excuses.

Reactions: 5 users

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
So, did the full facts get released yet? The gallows construction is steaming ahead and the executioner in place.

Drink driving should not be tolerated and running a red light is equally serious as both can take a life.
Unlicensed driving and unregistered vehicle? Meh. Plenty of people that can't drive have licenses. Vehicle registration aside from the third party insurance requirement is just a tax.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
So, did the full facts get released yet? The gallows construction is steaming ahead and the executioner in place.

Drink driving should not be tolerated and running a red light is equally serious as both can take a life.
Unlicensed driving and unregistered vehicle? Meh. Plenty of people that can't drive have licenses. Vehicle registration aside from the third party insurance requirement is just a tax.
Plenty of people run a red light or speeding.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014

Or i'd argue its a single decision with a number of factors that needed to be considered.

Shall i drive? (Single decision required)
Facts:
car unregistered (negative)
i'm unlicensed (negative)
I'm too drunk to legally drive (negative)
I am drinking woohoo (positive)
So taking all the factors in, its clear that i can drive yay!! (Single decision made)

We are talking semantics, but it helps the tendency to jump on someone (mutiple bad decisions) and bring a lynch mob to a hysterical frenzy.
He drove after drinking, a bad decision and its not ok.