Tactics 2019 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tactics 2019

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
All of a sudden, we have 5 blokes out there who can just waltz wherever they want in any situation.

these blokes can stop completely, study the patterns ahead of them, make a decision, change it, take off and execute,

even with 6 blokes surrounding them. They are (in order of pendlebability);

Sheds, Dusty, Stackman, $hai, Eggs

This gives us a pretty big edge.

Its an incredibly insightful recruiting strategy to accumulate blokes who play like there are no opponents,

Throw in the chaos of George and Danny in form, and over a third of our side pretty much treat the opposition with contempt and do whatever they want at will

that's gonna be pretty hard to counter in September, once we start cracking jokes and we add Marlion to the indigenous showcase.

Spot on EZy. We've been pretty good for a while now but an area we have been average is real silk kicking inside 50. Basically only Dusty and Shed and maybe Jack when he pushes outside 50. That's why I believed Shorty was a massive in to complement the aforementioned with the deep quick ball.

All of a sudden Stacky (what a gem) and Shai to add inside 50 class. A bit early to make a call on Eggy but signs look good.

Be nice if Eggy kept his spot this week.

lukeanddad

Tiger Champion
Nov 17, 2008
All of a sudden, we have 5 blokes out there who can just waltz wherever they want in any situation.

these blokes can stop completely, study the patterns ahead of them, make a decision, change it, take off and execute,

even with 6 blokes surrounding them. They are (in order of pendlebability);

Sheds, Dusty, Stackman, $hai, Eggs

This gives us a pretty big edge.

Its an incredibly insightful recruiting strategy to accumulate blokes who play like there are no opponents,

Throw in the chaos of George and Danny in form, and over a third of our side pretty much treat the opposition with contempt and do whatever they want at will

that's gonna be pretty hard to counter in September, once we start cracking jokes and we add Marlion to the indigenous showcase.
With due respect to Eggs, having him behind Dan and Jack is a travesty. But I do love your new noun - Pendleabality.

You should also come up with an alternate list - those for whom time speeds up when they have the ball - the headless-chooks

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
With due respect to Eggs, having him behind Dan and Jack is a travesty. But I do love your new noun - Pendleabality.

You should also come up with an alternate list - those for whom time speeds up when they have the ball - the headless-chooks

sure. but im not talking about how good they are, or how important or accomplished.

Im talking about that sublime quality of cool non-panic, decision making and execution.

its a self assuredness that they cant touch me.

Sheds has the step and the awareness of where the gaps are, or where they'll be. Stackman has the cool rolling weave like a graceful surfer. Dusty has the power of the DA and uses the kinetic energy to wheel a sideways arc to buy time. $hai is all twitch fibre and elasticity and blistering speed over 20.

certainly, one egg does not an omelette make,

but he displayed early signs of some form of too early to enunciate pendleability dont you reckon?

bottom line is, we suddenly have X factor oozing out of our club. Blokes who do the unfathomable. Enigmas.

What a season.

Reactions: 1 users

lukeanddad

Tiger Champion
Nov 17, 2008
sure. but im not talking about how good they are, or how important or accomplished.

Im talking about that sublime quality of cool non-panic, decision making and execution.

its a self assuredness that they cant touch me.

Sheds has the step and the awareness of where the gaps are, or where they'll be. Stackman has the cool rolling weave like a graceful surfer. Dusty has the power of the DA and uses the kinetic energy to wheel a sideways arc to buy time. $hai is all twitch fibre and elasticity and blistering speed over 20.

certainly, one egg does not an omelette make,

but he displayed early signs of some form of too early to enunciate pendleability dont you reckon?

bottom line is, we suddenly have X factor oozing out of our club. Blokes who do the unfathomable. Enigmas.

What a season.
I get what you're saying (which is why I didn't add Cotch, Prestia etc...). However, Rio has plenty of time and Jack, while ostensibly slow, often finds a path in the space-time continuum.

Overall, amazing that we thought we needed monsters in the midfield and yet, our lightest (Shai) dances away from everyone

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I get what you're saying (which is why I didn't add Cotch, Prestia etc...). However, Rio has plenty of time and Jack, while ostensibly slow, often finds a path in the space-time continuum.

Overall, amazing that we thought we needed monsters in the midfield and yet, our lightest (Shai) dances away from everyone

Yep. happy to add Danny and jack to the list. That gives us 7 of 'em.

Ross is our mid animal. Between him and $hai and Sydney and Danny and Notorius,

Its plausible that we dont experience a vacuum when shed, cotchy and dusty grow old.

discounting July to October 2017 and 1980,

2019 is my favourite season since I've been conscious.

Nothing will ever surpass 2017 I dont think, but if we can win the flag this year, which I obviously believe we can, it will go pretty *smile* close.

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008

FumBLING