Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Contemptible slug of an excuse for a man, so naturally he's a regular panelist on Sky's Insiders show on the ABC.

Will they ask him to appear on Insiders during the Aston campaign? I wouldn't put anything it past the ABC anymore

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
He'll wait until Dutton and the RWNJ ruling faction get decimated in either an elections or polls and there is a call to bring the party back a bit. Freeburgers will then come back in as the leader of the New Liberals
This is a good take. Put money on it Baloo Bear. That party is lost, so far removed from normal Australians. Had a real chance to capture the working class but lent to far into the culture wars.

Reactions: 1 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
This is a good take. Put money on it Baloo Bear. That party is lost, so far removed from normal Australians. Had a real chance to capture the working class but lent to far into the culture wars.
Yes it is a good call. The Libs still have learned nothing and under Dutton will one day get to the point of no return and will have a choice between decimation and moving back to the centre.
There is an audience for what they are spouting now but it is not anywhere near an election winning audience

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
Reading a few posts on here,you would think Labor won in a landslide,2 thirds of the population didn't vote Albo as their preferred Prime Minister.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Reading a few posts on here,you would think Labor won in a landslide,2 thirds of the population didn't vote Albo as their preferred Prime Minister.
ALP won 8 seats, Coalition lost 17. In anyone's, except Sky After Dark, language, that's a very comprehensive win.

BTW, how about Dan's win in the Vic elections. What did you make of those? I'm looking forward to the bronze statue that they'll build for Dan.

Reactions: 2 users

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
ALP won 8 seats, Coalition lost 17. In anyone's, except Sky After Dark, language, that's a very comprehensive win.

BTW, how about Dan's win in the Vic elections. What did you make of those? I'm looking forward to the bronze statue that they'll build for Dan.
32 percent 1st preferences .Very comprehensive.
As for the statue ,l guess the birds need something new to *smile* on,but l doubt it would be standing long

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
32 percent 1st preferences .Very comprehensive.

You do know Australia has a preferential voting system right? And you know how that works?

Or if we want to stick to stats, how about it's the coalitions worst election result since 1949? But they don't tell you that on Sky News.

As for the statue ,l guess the birds need something new to *smile* on,but l doubt it would be standing long
Based on your predictions in the 2022 Vic Election thread, if you reckon Dan's statue won't last long, there's a good chance it'll still be standing in a couple of thousand years time.

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
You do know Australia has a preferential voting system right? And you know how that works?

Or if we want to stick to stats, how about it's the coalitions worst election result since 1949? But they don't tell you that on Sky News.

Based on your predictions in the 2022 Vic Election thread, if you reckon Dan's statue won't last long, there's a good chance it'll still be standing in a couple of thousand years time.
Together, Labor and the Liberal-National Coalition won just 68.27 percent of the primary vote. Labor has formed government despite receiving the first preference of just 32.58 percent, or less than a third of the primary votes, the party’s worst result since the Great Depression.

As for Dans statue ,l doubt it will standing 1 year.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Yes, you keep repeating 1st preference votes like they matter in the Australian Democratic system.

You do know how preferential voting works right? You're quoting 1/4 time scores but making out they are the fulltime scores. You're not Peta Credlin are you? She was working this angle hard after the election.

Reactions: 1 user

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Together, Labor and the Liberal-National Coalition won just 68.27 percent of the primary vote. Labor has formed government despite receiving the first preference of just 32.58 percent, or less than a third of the primary votes, the party’s worst result since the Great Depression.

As for Dans statue ,l doubt it will standing 1 year.
I tend to agree with this message but maybe with a different take than you may have.
The fact is that 1/3 of all Australians did not vote for the major parties as their first preference and that is a trend not a once off. Whilst the LNP wanders around in denial I also don’t see much acknowledgement of that message from the ALP either. Whilst it is true that Australians stated at the ballot box that they prefer Labor to the LNP unless both parties heed the message that more and more Australians want alternatives to the two major parties this will continue.
To me the ALP can take some solace that they are the preferred government but to an extent both major party alternatives are on the nose.
I am one of the 1/3 and have been for a while.
I think the ALP will be in power at a federal level for quite a while now but I suspect the number of cross benchers will not diminish and may well grow.

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
Yes, you keep repeating 1st preference votes like they matter in the Australian Democratic system.

You do know how preferential voting works right? You're quoting 1/4 time scores but making out they are the fulltime scores. You're not Peta Credlin are you? She was working this angle hard after the election.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Labor supporters just keep on dreaming how comprehensive the win was.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Labor supporters just keep on dreaming how comprehensive the win was.

Worst result for the coalition since 1949. And that's the fulltime score, not the 1/4 time score. Nothing subjective there. Pure indisputable fact.

I did vote Labour in this election, but I've voted or the Libs, Greens and independents in my time. But in this election, anyone that voted to keep Morrisson us our PM wasn't thinking about what was best for Australia.

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
I tend to agree with this message but maybe with a different take than you may have.
The fact is that 1/3 of all Australians did not vote for the major parties as their first preference and that is a trend not a once off. Whilst the LNP wanders around in denial I also don’t see much acknowledgement of that message from the ALP either. Whilst it is true that Australians stated at the ballot box that they prefer Labor to the LNP unless both parties heed the message that more and more Australians want alternatives to the two major parties this will continue.
To me the ALP can take some solace that they are the preferred government but to an extent both major party alternatives are on the nose.
I am one of the 1/3 and have been for a while.
I think the ALP will be in power at a federal level for quite a while now but I suspect the number of cross benchers will not diminish and may well grow.
I agree,l actually found it hard to vote for the coalition at the federal election,l thought both sides had a real lack lustre campaign ,very few policies ,and a lot of things made up on the run .
In saying all that ,theirs no way l would for the clueless greens ,or the insignificant independents .

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
Worst result for the coalition since 1949. And that's the fulltime score, not the 1/4 time score. Nothing subjective there. Pure indisputable fact.

I did vote Labour in this election, but I've voted or the Libs, Greens and independents in my time. But in this election, anyone that voted to keep Morrisson us our PM wasn't thinking about what was best for Australia.
Yeah he wasn't the best pm,but Albo isn't much better .
Oh and Labors worst result since the 1930's