Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Yeah he wasn't the best pm,but Albo isn't much better .
Oh and Labors worst result since the 1930's

Before election: 69 seats
After Election: 77 seats

Yet somehow their worst result since the 30's? You're really struggling

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

@IanG told me not too but it's too easy.

You said:
Labors worst result since the 1930's

The result of the election is Labor are in Government and increase their seats from 69 to 77. That's the result. But you're still trying to claim it's their worst result since the 30s?

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
@IanG told me not too but it's too easy.

You said:

The result of the election is Labor are in Government and increase their seats from 69 to 77. That's the result. But you're still trying to claim it's their worst result since the 30s?
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: .
Still there worst primary result since the 1930's .
Seeing that you replied to my previous votes ,you would know that l was talking about primary votes

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Seeing that you replied to my previous votes ,you would know that l was talking about primary votes

No, I've been correcting you all along that focusing on primary voting means nothing. It's looking at the 1/4 score and declaring the winner. I thought you were a bit brighter than you obviously are, my mistake. I won't make it again.

Here you go, some homework. It'll stop you embarrassing yourself in the future, maybe. It might be an idea to know how elections work in Australia before trying to debate them.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne

Ok, I'll bite.

Libs worst ever primary vote, ever, in the history of the Libs, which of course only goes back to 1949.

Coalition vote 3.8% lower than in 1998, their previous worst.

No wonder they lost, apart from the fact they are a bunch of self-serving arseholes with a leader who was about as popular, and as useful, as a fresh *smile* on a pavement.

I'll just sit back end enjoy the fact I have an independent local member in a seat that the Libs should win even with a deceased candidate, FFS, they could run an orangutang in my seat and still should win.

DS

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
No, I've been correcting you all along that focusing on primary voting means nothing. It's looking at the 1/4 score and declaring the winner. I thought you were a bit brighter than you obviously are, my mistake. I won't make it again.

Here you go, some homework. It'll stop you embarrassing yourself in the future, maybe. It might be an idea to know how elections work in Australia before trying to debate them.
Anyone with half a brain would know what lm talking about ,but no not you ,you have to keep blabbing off and going around in circles ,and having your little cheap shots to make yourself feel better.

If l support the coalition at any election ,l will put them FIRST,not second or third ,and then put in my preferences for who l think should be SECOND,THIRD etc etc .
A primary vote is the “number one” vote cast by an elector in an Australian ballot.
Labor got their lowest primary vote since the 1930's .
They actually got lower primary votes than they did in 2019,Shorten was a more popular first pick

Last edited:

Ralphie

Tiger Rookie
Dec 6, 2015
Anyone with half a brain would know what lm talking about ,but no not you ,you have to keep blabbing off and going around in circles ,and having your little cheap shots to make yourself feel better.

If l support the coalition at any election ,l will put them FIRST,not second or third ,and then put in my preferences for who l think should be SECOND,THIRD etc etc .
A primary vote is the “number one” vote cast by an elector in an Australian ballot.
They actually got lower primary votes than they did in 2019,Shorten was a more popular first pick

LNP voters be like

Arnold Schwarzenegger Reaction GIF

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

You can't keep pushing it purely on the ALP though. It was a poor 1st preference performance from BOTH major parties, not just the ALP, the LNP were frankly awful from a first preference also but you seem to be pushing an agenda. Balance your post and people might take you seriously.

Sin tried to point you in this direction, you agreed with him, and then diverted back to your base point, which is frankly pointless. You argue that the ALP got a poor 1st preference, but it was the same for both major parties, as there was such a swing to independents. As Sin points out, unfortunately at this stage, it seems both major parties are ignoring this and not addressing the electorates concerns with the direction that BOTH parties are going in.

Reactions: 2 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008

Comparing primary votes between any election is a but nonsensical, there are many factors- did they run candidates in every seat? did they try in every seat? how many candidates were there in each seat? how many viable candidates were there in each seat? how many of those candidates were competing with Labor for primary votes?

obviously more and more people are voting for minor parties/independents now, some because they dont want either major party to be in government, other because it is "cool", and for others it is a "protest" vote of sorts but knowing that either Labor or the Libs will still form government.

at the end of the day Labor achieved their aim- they won with a big majority, and if they do a decent job have set themselves up for a long stint in government, regardless of their primary vote.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
We agree @bengal tigers , anyone with only half a brain would think 1st preference are the be all and end all of an election in Australia.

You and Barnaby Joyce have that in common.

• Haha

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Yeah he went alright in the metro areas ,but the country areas he didn't,quite a bit of a divide in Victoria

Bengal seems surprised that rural Australia tend to vote Nat/Libs. It's been like that for about a hundred years Bengal :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

Bengal and the Coalition boomer fans

This Is Fine GIF

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
I think the point should be that politics in general is on the nose and many people are voting for the best of the worst. If it wasn’t mandatory I wonder what our participation would be.

So if I’m not a labor voter my choice is crazy right wing religious no accountability and transparency liberal, crash the world no pragmatic bone green or well credentialed but no power to make change independent or crazy nationalist or silly party / donkey vote.

I ended up voting independent and preferenced labor.

Labor seems to have made a pretty good start but they didn’t have to do much to do better than the previous guys.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users