Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

Its funny how Liberal voters suddenly seem to have a problem with the voting system now that their team is losing every election. Its a great system when its the other way around, eh? They're quick to forget they only ever get into power via a coalition.

And I would argue the major cause of why primary votes for the major parties has dropped in recent years is due to the antics of the former government got up to during question time.
What about The Teals ?. All good looking chics & would not have got in except for the losers vote. Financed by one of the richest persons in the land. The whole lot of them will be putting the hand up to cease Gambling adds in the Media etc etc. AFL will go broke.

Who wins if Libs have 9910 Nats 9910 & Labor 9910 ?.

Typical non-answer from our latest RWNJ.

This is the thing really, gullible fools cannot sustain an argument so they resort to stupidity like the above.

Then they double down with more crap, like the above.

Keep trying to divert by bringing up more and more little morsels of crap, it is noted that you are incapable of sustaining an argument and change the topic as soon as a few facts are thrown at you.

DS

I think it’s time to nationalise our essential services. Gas, water, electricity.

Privatising theses services was “supposed” to lead to cheaper prices due to competition. But the reality is, all these companies collude to Jack the prices up for us consumers. The money raised by selling off theses services helped state governments bottom line, but they have goged the *smile* out of us.
It is only going to get worse.

Your thoughts?

Reactions: 6 users

Hardly surprising when we've had years of wage suppression, concessions for property ownership largely benefiting older Australians ans next to no meaningful action on climate change. Young people have been given a raw deal for decades.

Reactions: 1 user
Gladys corrupt. Brisbane to be renamed Meanjin with King George 5 statue to be banished before 2032 Olympics.

Shame she or McGuire aren't holding office really. Would be more fun if someone had to step down as a result of the findings.

Reminds me of the way Morrisson and co blasted that ICAC saying it unjustly forced Gladys to step down. A great politician who didn't deserve that treatment. Shame didn't take up Morrisson's offer for a seat to contest in the election.

1688005437750.png

Reactions: 1 users
I think she's pretty lucky not to be facing prosecutions herself tbh. Playing dumb is no excuse. She's not dumb.

Even though she's not from side of politics, I feel a bit sorry for her.

From what I gather, she didn't have much intimate experience with the opposite sex, and made the fatal mistake of falling in love with a mongrel, and a politician to boot.

Hardly surprising when we've had years of wage suppression, concessions for property ownership largely benefiting older Australians ans next to no meaningful action on climate change. Young people have been given a raw deal for decades.

I follow Kos Samaras on twitter. He used to be a Labor campaign manager but has since branched out on his own and runs a data analysis business called Redbridge. His predicted outcome for recent state and federal elections has been pretty accurate (although he didn't expect Andrews to win as many seats as he did last November).

Anyway, he is predicting dire outcomes for the Liberals over the coming years... and its all to do with demographics. Millennials overtake Boomers in terms of population by 2025. And they don't vote Liberal.

Conservative still believe that people move to the right when they get older and the current political situation (where Labor has is in power everywhere on the mainland) is a cycle that will soon change.

But what they don’t understand is that Millennials have different issues compared to the generations that came before them. Housing affordability. Climate Change. LGBTIQA+ rights. The Voice. These things really matter to this generation. Ignore them at your peril.

I think she's pretty lucky not to be facing prosecutions herself tbh. Playing dumb is no excuse. She's not dumb.

I’m really disappointed Gladys is facing criminal charges. This country has a issue with political corruption and she should have been made an example of.

The Robodebt Royal commission findings are released next Friday. If former federal government politicians aren’t made accountable for the estimated 2,000 deaths, I will lose my 5hit big time! I will be watching with interest.

Reactions: 5 users
I think it’s time to nationalise our essential services. Gas, water, electricity.

Privatising theses services was “supposed” to lead to cheaper prices due to competition. But the reality is, all these companies collude to Jack the prices up for us consumers. The money raised by selling off theses services helped state governments bottom line, but they have goged the *smile* out of us.
It is only going to get worse.

Your thoughts?
You forgot service goes down.

I agree 100%. But I reckon the neo-liberal era will take a while yet to tail-off, but its on the way out. 5 or 10 years ago I thought it would never happen, now I think it could happen. The jury is in: worse service/ less employment, higher prices, and the profits go to dodgy big-end of town spivs rather than back into state, that's our, coffers.

Its become like a ponzi scheme, these companies don't want to actually do anything, just contract-out and take a cut. Company A contracts out to Company B contracts out to Company C etc etc.

Reactions: 3 users
she didn't have much intimate experience with the opposite
Jeez, i just vomitted a bit of my pre-game nerve settler stubby in my mouth at the thought of

The daryl mcguire intimacy experience

But i hardly think celebacy is a defence for corruption?

'Your honour, my client hadnt had a root in three years, and so, she sold the Govt owned Lacemba disabled refugee centre building to her friend for a tenth of its price, and allocated the proceeds to building a new cosmetic surgery appreciation laboratory at Crambrook School for Boys in Rosebay'

Until ICAC or a RC actually follow through and send the corrupt and powerful to gaol, theyre all just gonna keep on the corrupt status quo.

I dont get it. Ehats the *smile* point, other than a sheltered workshop for rich blokes in stupid wigs?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I’m really disappointed Gladys is facing criminal charges. This country has a issue with political corruption and she should have been made an example of.

The Robodebt Royal commission findings are released next Friday. If former federal government politicians aren’t made accountable for the estimated 2,000 deaths, I will lose my 5hit big time! I will be watching with interest.

ITYM you're disappointed she is NOT facing criminal charges and I agree, especially given the spin segments of the media and the LNP are already puting on this. As I understand it her evidence to the ICAC can't be used against her in criminal proceedings and without that there probably isn't enough to sustain charges against her personally.

What's the point of an ICAC investigation that takes 30 months to find that yes, she and her partner were corrupt but let's not make them suffer the indignity of facing any actual charges shall we?

What a farce.

Reactions: 4 users
What's the point of an ICAC investigation that takes 30 months to find that yes, she and her partner were corrupt but let's not make them suffer the indignity of facing any actual charges shall we?

What a farce.

Maguire will still face charges as far as I know.

What a farce.

The big penalty is her reputation being confirmed as corrupt.

I had the same initial reaction as to why no criminal charges but can live with the permanent damage to her reputation. (especially if the view is there is a risk of any prosecution letting her off with the different standard of proof)

Man the Libs are out in force trying to defend her honour. Apparently if there is nothing criminal, then parliamentary guidelines and rules can be ignored by whoever is in power. It also means you are completely innocent of any wrong doing.

Thank *smile* Stuart Roberts looks to have been criminal in his efforts to line his pockets.

I follow Kos Samaras on twitter. He used to be a Labor campaign manager but has since branched out on his own and runs a data analysis business called Redbridge. His predicted outcome for recent state and federal elections has been pretty accurate (although he didn't expect Andrews to win as many seats as he did last November).

Anyway, he is predicting dire outcomes for the Liberals over the coming years... and its all to do with demographics. Millennials overtake Boomers in terms of population by 2025. And they don't vote Liberal.

Conservative still believe that people move to the right when they get older and the current political situation (where Labor has is in power everywhere on the mainland) is a cycle that will soon change.

But what they don’t understand is that Millennials have different issues compared to the generations that came before them. Housing affordability. Climate Change. LGBTIQA+ rights. The Voice. These things really matter to this generation. Ignore them at your peril.

This is spot on. I fall into the Millenials category (born in 1982) and feel the same. When I started voting in the UK, I voted labour, then switched the the tories for a bit. I wouldn't even consider the Coalition at this stage. They are so out of touch with what people my age care about its unbelievable.

I've also been listening to a lot of Rise Against recently. I'm all set for generational warfare now after listening to them (I love them by the way). They have some incredibly powerful lyrics around a lot of social issues. Can't wait to see them live in February.

Maguire will still face charges as far as I know.

Maybe McGuire will throw Gladys under the bus as part of his defence. If GB's Liberal colleagues are suggesting she was taken advantage of, then I'm sure he won't hesitate to do it again to save his own skin.

Reactions: 1 users