Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

Man the Libs are out in force trying to defend her honour. Apparently if there is nothing criminal, then parliamentary guidelines and rules can be ignored by whoever is in power. It also means you are completely innocent of any wrong doing.

Thank *smile* Stuart Roberts looks to have been criminal in his efforts to line his pockets.

Pretty dumb marketing effort IMO.

Let's go hard on PWC but if one of our own does then say its a sham.

Maybe McGuire will throw Gladys under the bus as part of his defence. If GB's Liberal colleagues are suggesting she was taken advantage of, then I'm sure he won't hesitate to do it again to save his own skin.
Yep, he'd knife her given half a chance. What a prick of a bloke, saying "even though you are the Premier, I'm still the boss".
He used her up for all he could get, of that I have no doubt. He'd be a woman basher, nothing surer, what a mongrel of a bloke.

What's the point of an ICAC investigation that takes 30 months to find that yes, she and her partner were corrupt but let's not make them suffer the indignity of facing any actual charges shall we?

What a farce.
Well at least their had some powers n ICAC managed to find something even if they weren't smart enough to do anything with what they found. None of the investigators in Vic even have the capacity to find a shrub to *smile* behind.

Gladys' position on her relationship is impressive in its disingenuousness.

You could see how this stuff could be difficult to prove in court though.

Reactions: 1 user
Dutton is amazing. Apologised, kind-of, for the cruel, illegal and slap-dash robodebt, which was at least something, but then criticised Labor for politicising it. I could have sworn he was a politician, in the game of politics?

Dutton is amazing. Apologised, kind-of, for the cruel, illegal and slap-dash robodebt, which was at least something, but then criticised Labor for politicising it. I could have sworn he was a politician, in the game of politics?
Sure, Robodebt wasn't great, but hey, Nuclear !

Whenever a politician states that they don't want to make something "political" they are trying to run away from something they want to avoid responsibility for.

My response whenever a politician says a particular issue should not be politicised is to assume they are in the wrong job and should quit immediately.

DS

This Duttonism made me laugh

Mr Dutton said it was "no mistake" the findings were released a week before the Fadden by-election in Queensland's Gold Coast, triggered by the resignation of Mr Robert.

"Again, that's a politicisation of the process," he said.

"People aren't stupid, they can see that."

I was surprised no one in the media thought to point out that the release date of the Report had been decided before Roberts resigned. It was only pushed back a couple of weeks so that it could be released when the NACC was up and running.

This Duttonism made me laugh

I was surprised no one in the media thought to point out that the release date of the Report had been decided before Roberts resigned. It was only pushed back a couple of weeks so that it could be released when the NACC was up and running.
1. The timing can be defended. 2. It should be politicised, parties should be held to account, 3. They would do and have done exactly the same thing. He's a dog.

Reactions: 1 users
I’m lost. Is Dutton arguing Robodebt is not political and shouldn’t be politicised?

That can’t be right, nobody can be that stupid or think we are that stupid.

Who are Morrison, Tudge and Robert in this process if they are not politicians?

Speachless.

Robodebt was completely political, it is the logical outcome of neoliberal ideology.

Good piece on the ABC about this:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-07...rgeting-economists-and-unemployment/102575336

DS
i sometimes get the call issues shouldnt be politicised. ideally the current referendum debate would not be politicised. (Unfortunately Dutton is claiming the referendum is having an adverse effect on our economy cos Albanese cant work on 2 things at once- so, shockingly, it appears he is happy for politicisation when it suits)

This is not one of those cases. Robodeath was the result of a series of choices made by Liberal and National politicians, that resulted in bad policy, dishonesty from those politicians, threats from those politicians, and very real negative outcomes for those effected.
There is no way to discuss Robodeath without referring to the Liberal leadership at the time, and the the Liberal ministers who were responsible.
And it was the result of the Liberal/National coalition government at the time pushing their ideology for political gain.

Reactions: 1 users
The RC into Robodebt.

Just further proof that Dud-mo was the single worst PM this country has ever had. Period. And there's been some bad ones. But he's the winner by the length of the Flemington straight. A self branding, self interested, seriously dishonest and seriously incompetent scumbag.

Reactions: 7 users
The RC into Robodebt.

Just further proof that Dud-mo was the single worst PM this country has ever had. Period. And there's been some bad ones. But he's the winner by the length of the Flemington straight. A self branding, self interested, seriously dishonest and seriously incompetent scumbag.

And also, strangely a big one for me, I truly believe that he has a below average IQ.

Cunning, yes, but straight out dumb.

And also, strangely a big one for me, I truly believe that he has a below average IQ.

Cunning, yes, but straight out dumb.
I'll tell you what he is. He's like one of these phonies you see all the time in the corporate world. One of these all too familiar serial under performers who brand, network, bs, bully, lie and undermine their way up the corporate ladder with next to zero performance substantiating their climb. They know next to nothing about anything. Often they leave a trail of serious under performance. A lightweight. A shell. No talent other than for cunningly promoting themselves. You see it all the time. He's the political equivalent.

Reactions: 7 users