Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
People in politics getting pissed and shagging well kissing..... Breaking news.
Friend of mine was an ALP MP .... most of her stories are about late night shenanigans in parliamentary offices.
Buttrose thinks she's still running the Woman's Weekly.
No complaints from the alleged partners, in fact, one partner categorically denies anything happened. The other partner complains she had "no power in the relationship" and yet it was her who ended it
4 Corners is the taxpayer funded version of Today Tonight.

Last edited:

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Don't be silly. If the Libs get caught then it means the ALP do it too but the left wing media refuses to point it out.
Now you’re getting it! Unless the Murdoch press point it out then it’s just muckraking gutter journalism......

Reactions: 1 user

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
4 corners have some pretty serious journalists and have a reputation for integrity. Surely they would have exposed the allegations your making.

Why haven't we heard anything about it? I did a quick Google search of "Bill Shorten inappropriate relationships" but there's not much to be found. Perhaps you can point me in the right direction?
Serious journalists?:vomit:vomit:vomit

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
Tudge and Porter so far been shown to be complete hypocrites having affairs with staffers.

Porter described and shown as deeply sexist and misogynist.
Alleged affairs.
The woman allegedly involved with Porter completely denies it.
But of course 4 Corners didn't report that did they?

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
Its not about having affairs, its about a culture of sexual harassment and bullying of women in the workplace, from the party in government that has a ministerial code of conduct covering it.
Harassment & bullying?
Not according to the two women involved.
One denies anything happened, the other says it was consensual.

Last edited:

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I couldn't be bothered watching it, but I think the main point is that hypocrites like Porter continue to spout "Family Values" while their actions are the opposite of what they claim to believe in.

I'm sure there are plenty from both sides having affairs, but most of the wouldn't be doing the holier than thou spouting about family values on the hustings.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
Of course they're serious journalists. Feel free to explain your positioning as to why they're not though :)
Serious journalists would have given equal time to both sides of the "story".
Serious journalists wouldn't have left our major issues such as Porter's alleged partner denying anything happened.
Serious journalists wouldn't dig up someone who'd had no contact with the alleged offender for decades and present what allegedly happened then as gospel without getting both sides of the story.
They're the sort of "serious journalists" who'd fit in well at a Current Affair.

Last edited:

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
I couldn't be bothered watching it, but I think the main point is that hypocrites like Porter continue to spout "Family Values" while their actions are the opposite of what they claim to believe in.

I'm sure there are plenty from both sides having affairs, but most of the wouldn't be doing the holier than thou spouting about family values on the hustings.

DS
I would almost 100% guarantee that any polly indulging in this manner would be all "holier than thou" about it.
It's the nature of the beast.

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Serious journalists wouldn't have left our major issues such as Porter's alleged partner denying anything happened.
Serious journalists wouldn't dig up someone who'd had no contact with the alleged offender for decades and present what allegedly happened then as gospel without getting both sides of the story.
They're the sort of "serious journalists" who'd fit in well at a Current Affair.

Not sure which denial your referring to - has Porters "alledged partner" been identified? Have we heard from her? Frist i've heard about any denial outside of Christian himself threatening legal action. If you can provide a link to what your suggesting, that would be appreicated.

Also, its not uncommon for women to speak up about these issues many years after the fact. I presume your familiar with the #me too movement?

A Current Affair and 4 Corners is like comparing chalk and cheese.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017

DS
Yeh, the religous and bible quoting types are generally the biggest hypocrites. But not sure the story is worthy of a 4 corners expose. It really was pretty cringe worthy stuff that you find on Channel 7 or 9.

Maybe Porter will pop up on Love Island one day.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I'd trust the ABC more than any other news outlet.

It's a wonder they have any investigative journalists left after continued budget cuts from successive Liberal governments. There's been $783 million of funding ripped out of the ABC since 2014.
These cuts have had a big impact on programs that have been an institution to millions of people for many years, including children's tv programming.

I don't blame the ABC for airing a bit of the Liberal parties dirty linen, after all Murdoch media does it to the Labour Party.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne

Porter and Tudge refused to comment.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I'd trust the ABC more than any other news outlet.

It's a wonder they have any investigative journalists left after continued budget cuts from successive Liberal governments. There's been $783 million of funding ripped out of the ABC since 2014.
These cuts have had a big impact on programs that have been an institution to millions of people for many years, including children's tv programming.

I don't blame the ABC for airing a bit of the Liberal parties dirty linen, after all Murdoch media does it to the Labour Party.

Why in 2020 do we even have a taxpayer funded media outlet ? If the people who the ABC pander to want their content they should pay for it via a subscription base.

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
Porter and Tudge refused to comment.
Porter's comment:
“The journalist, Louise Milligan, never contacted me or my office, despite my awareness that for many months she has been directly contacting friends, former colleagues, former students – even old school friends from the mid-1980s – asking for rumours and negative comments about me"
4 Corners allege he refused to comment but did they give him the opportunity?
One of them is lying and my money is on the taxpayer funded version of Today Tonight.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Porter's comment:
“The journalist, Louise Milligan, never contacted me or my office, despite my awareness that for many months she has been directly contacting friends, former colleagues, former students – even old school friends from the mid-1980s – asking for rumours and negative comments about me"
4 Corners allege he refused to comment but did they give him the opportunity?
One of them is lying and my money is on the taxpayer funded version of Today Tonight.

My money would be on the party with a pattern of deceptive behaviour.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
So you can believe it or not but the 4 corners journalist who ran the story Louise Milligan was on ABC breakfast this morning. Her response to this type of accusation was that they went into the story on the basis that it was about a culture of denigration of women in Canberra and they asked lots of questions of lots of people. She said that that there were lots of rumours about quite a few politicians including ALP members but that none of them could be substantiated except for two names that came up again and again from many of sources including lots of LNP sources, Tudge and Porter.
I have seen ALP politicians destroyed on that program before, the most famous was Craig Thomson who was investigated ruthlessly along with the exposes on Kathy Jackson and others in the Union movement.
People see what they want to see.
To me Porter is just another preppy boy with a sense of entitlement who is clearly a hypocrite of the highest order.

Reactions: 3 users

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Harassment & bullying?
Not according to the two women involved.
One denies anything happened, the other says it was consensual.

OK not harassment exactly but an abuse of power and contravening of the ministerial code of conduct set up by this government.

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
Not sure which denial your referring to - has Porters "alledged partner" been identified? Have we heard from her? Frist i've heard about any denial outside of Christian himself threatening legal action. If you can provide a link to what your suggesting, that would be appreicated.

Also, its not uncommon for women to speak up about these issues many years after the fact. I presume your familiar with the #me too movement?

A Current Affair and 4 Corners is like comparing chalk and cheese.
She has been interviewed by journos from both the Murdoch papers and the Channel 9 papers and has stated that the allegations are without substance.
That didn't fit 4 Corners agenda.
4 Corners = A Current Affair = Today Tonight.