Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Labor MP Joel Fitzgibbon quits Shadow cabinet: “Labor has lost touch with traditional working people” and “Labor has made not one contribution to the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions in this country in 14 years”

Reactions: 1 user

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
Labor MP Joel Fitzgibbon quits Shadow cabinet: “Labor has lost touch with traditional working people” and “Labor has made not one contribution to the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions in this country in 14 years”
That's quite a loss to the ALP. One of the few who still recognizes the party's roots.

Reactions: 1 users

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Porter's comment:
“The journalist, Louise Milligan, never contacted me or my office, despite my awareness that for many months she has been directly contacting friends, former colleagues, former students – even old school friends from the mid-1980s – asking for rumours and negative comments about me"
4 Corners allege he refused to comment but did they give him the opportunity?
One of them is lying and my money is on the taxpayer funded version of Today Tonight.
Now there's this:

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Porter's comment:
“The journalist, Louise Milligan, never contacted me or my office, despite my awareness that for many months she has been directly contacting friends, former colleagues, former students – even old school friends from the mid-1980s – asking for rumours and negative comments about me"
4 Corners allege he refused to comment but did they give him the opportunity?
One of them is lying and my money is on the taxpayer funded version of Today Tonight.
According to the journalist this morning a list of questions was sent to him a couple of weeks ago which he refused to respond to and that was followed up on a number of occasions. The contact was from the other journalist on the story as Louise Milligan dealt with Tudge's office. So technically Porter is correct, Louise Milligan didn't contact his office

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Why in 2020 do we even have a taxpayer funded media outlet ? If the people who the ABC pander to want their content they should pay for it via a subscription base.
same reason we had one in 1930, 1950 etc etc, To deliver news and analysis in an unconflicted, disinterested way. It doesn't pander to anyone, thats the point. If you want to consume media that is the mouthpiece of anti-science right-wing pathological tycoons with undeniable vested interests, go ahead.

Reactions: 4 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
OK not harassment exactly but an abuse of power and contravening of the ministerial code of conduct set up by this government.
I'll stand corrected but I believe these incidents took place before the code of conduct was implemented. That is not to excuse the alleged behaviour.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
same reason we had one in 1930, 1950 etc etc, To deliver news and analysis in an unconflicted, disinterested way. It doesn't pander to anyone, thats the point. If you want to consume media that is the mouthpiece of anti-science right-wing pathological tycoons with undeniable vested interests, go ahead.
Yes I think there is definitely a place for a taxpayer funded ABC. I find that sometimes its probably not as impartial as it could be but overall does a pretty good job.

Except for Q&A; that is unwatchable.

Reactions: 1 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Scott Morrison just keeps talking when asked about Porter/Tudge. yak yak yak, off he goes, the sewer pipe in full flow, claiming the credit for Covid, Prosperity Bible in hand... what a tool ... like most of them ..

I'd like to see a gladiator type set up where crud politicians and crud journos fight to the death, it would be a never-ending treat ..

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
No, it’s 2020 not 1930, 1950 etc when there were less outlets for people to obtain their information. The internet revolutionised this. And sure, I’ll consume my right wing media but I’m paying for it, not getting a left wing biased view on the taxpayer $.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
It must be a coincidence then the Australia's emissions started dropping about 2007 and continued to drop until the emissions trading scheme was scrapped.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
No, it’s 2020 not 1930, 1950 etc when there were less outlets for people to obtain their information. The internet revolutionised this. And sure, I’ll consume my right wing media but I’m paying for it, not getting a left wing biased view on the taxpayer $.
who cares what the outlet is? Its about conflicts of interest, vested interest. We need disinterested media that is owned by the people more than ever.