Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

Would you describe it as quality journalism? It was seriously not far removed from tabloid tv. WTF was SHY on for? This is what she said:

Senator Hanson-Young said she got the impression the young staffer was feeling "pretty isolated".

"She started crying. And it was quite clear to me that there was a lot more going on than she felt she could say," the senator said.

"From what I saw, and I can only speak from the experience I had, was that this young woman was really, was not happy about the situation she was in, was distressed about it, and she spoke about, she spoke about feeling caught, that she was caught in this situation."

Is that quality journalism or character assassination?

Porter may well be reaping what he has sown but this trash was well below what I would expect from 4 corners.
disagree 100% Its about integrity of those in high office. The odd indiscretion, fine. If it had been just that he was a *smile* at uni, or one incident after he started to rise to power I'd agree with you, But the program exposed sustained arseholery, clear patterns of behavious, serious character flaws and hypocricy in our AG.

Reactions: 1 user
The idea that the ABC is a lefty organisation is laughable. 7.30 host Leigh Sales might as well be Scummo's press secretary. Insiders is hosted by David Sky Speers, 80% of its panellists are News hacks, and its Facebook page constantly links to articles in The Australian. Fran Kelly on ABC Breakfast Radio is nothing short of a Liberal Party shill. All of them harangue ALP guests and invite the PM and his ministers to monologue.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
The idea that the ABC is a lefty organisation is laughable. 7.30 host Leigh Sales might as well be Scummo's press secretary. Insiders is hosted by David Sky Speers, 80% of its panellists are News hacks, and its Facebook page constantly links to articles in The Australian. Fran Kelly on ABC Breakfast Radio is nothing short of a Liberal Party shill. All of them harangue ALP guests and invite the PM and his ministers to monologue.
Howard knobbled it by stacking the board, its a fact, but no still a lefty mouthpiece according to some razor-sharp analysis.

Ha, so the lefties deny that the ABC is left centric.. :rotfl2 Must be true then.....

Ha, so the lefties deny that the ABC is left centric.. :rotfl2 Must be true then.....

Not as simple as that IMO. A lot of journos/producers there are still left, the board however has changed and editorial has changed. It's a pretty mixed bag at the moment i would say

Yep, still haven’t read a resounding reason why though.

The rational, objective reason has been stated repeatedly, a media that is owned and run by the people, and is not a business with a profit motive, is not conflicteted and will call things without fear or favour.

That's the reason, that's the theory. You don't have to agree with it and you obviously don't, but that is the resounding reason. Its a central tenet of democracy.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Howard stacked the board, fact. Buttrose the Boss lady is a conservative, fact. These things are called evidence. What have you got? ABC doesn't embrace Trump and suggests climate change might be real? Razor sharp.

I can only speak for myself, but I'm quite happy to have my tax go towards funding the ABC.
I'd much rather it be used that way than the way it's used now, such as franking credits and the sporting grants sorts.
Well speak for yourself then. Not everyone would voluntarily pay for the ABC yet you are happy that they don't get a choice in the matter.

Reactions: 1 users
The rational, objective reason has been stated repeatedly, a media that is owned and run by the people, and is not a business with a profit motive, is not conflicteted and will call things without fear or favour.

That's the reason, that's the theory. You don't have to agree with it and you obviously don't, but that is the resounding reason. Its a central tenet of democracy.
Can we get this on the gold board. Hilarious posting! Your last sentence is spot on though.

Well speak for yourself then. Not everyone would voluntarily pay for the ABC yet you are happy that they don't get a choice in the matter.
Yes Yes we know, it's theft with the threat of violence if you don't accept the theft. Don't trust a government to do anything unless it's a private government and you have the option to purchase it's services after comparing it to other governments, but only if you need the private governments service

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Yes Yes we know, it's theft with the threat of violence if you don't accept the theft. Don't trust a government to do anything unless it's a private government and you have the option to purchase it's services after comparing it to other governments, but only if you need the private governments service
Yes yes, governments are great, especially center ones that force my beliefs onto others (actually it would be better if I just made all the decisions), I'm so centered and unbiased, yadda yadda, if you don't like it move to Somalia.

If you think the three hosts of the ABC's three flagship news and current affairs programs that I listed are left centric you better tell that commie hippy L2 to get a haircut!

Yes yes, governments are great, especially center ones that force my beliefs onto others (actually it would be better if I just made all the decisions), I'm so centered and unbiased, yadda yadda, if you don't like it move to Somalia.

When I read that I was reminded of my favourite Oscar Wilde quote:

“Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery that mediocrity can pay to greatness.”​

― Oscar Wilde

Howard stacked the board, fact. Buttrose the Boss lady is a conservative, fact. These things are called evidence. What have you got? ABC doesn't embrace Trump and suggests climate change might be real? Razor sharp.
What board members are there from Howard stacking?

And what are you rambling about Trump and CC?

Razor sharp indeed....

And it can continue to be so. My initial comment was why can't it be subscriber based?

If you think the three hosts of the ABC's three flagship news and current affairs programs that I listed are left centric you better tell that commie hippy L2 to get a haircut!
What is left and right is relative. You being left of a
And there's a lot of people who agree with me.

Yes, because what the majority think is what is right....