Terrorist attacks in Paris | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Terrorist attacks in Paris

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

Facts ? Show me a single fact in your post. Just one fact, not opinion dressed as fact, will suffice.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Has nought to do with terrorism.

These people are lost without something to hate, it's in their DNA. Give them the best of everything and they'd still hate. They're easy prey for radicals.

Shut the doors until they demand peace in their own backyard, with or without US assistance.

So far, 2 of these attackers were Syrian refugees who migrated to Greece. You can't trust anyone.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
LeeToRainesToRoach said:

These people are lost without something to hate, it's in their DNA. Give them the best of everything and they'd still hate. They're easy prey for radicals.

nah, but its a very rare loony that still hates when they have the best of everything, and even then that rare loony wouldn't act on their hate. Give people a half decent job and a place in society and the hate eases pretty quick.

Besides, there have always been people with hate in their DNA, whether isis or KKK, whatever. Difference now is more people in smaller areas with less money and opportunities, but with exposure to the good life that they can't have.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
LeeToRainesToRoach said:

Shut the doors until they demand peace in their own backyard, with or without US assistance.

shut the doors to who? everyone? noone in or out?
or just people who dont speak English? or who aren't white? or just those who dont share your religion?

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
tigersnake said:
I believe the causes are economic rather than religious or cultural. Population keeps growing, and inequality keeps growing. Middle class shrinking, underclass growing. I read yesterday the richest 80 people have more money than the poorest 25% of the global population. May have been more actually, it was over 2.5 billion people. Something has to give on inequality for any positive change to happen.

Don't disagree. Murdering innocent victims regardless of their financial situation would seem an odd correlation.

gutfull

Tiger Superstar
Jul 6, 2013
Baloo said:
Facts ? Show me a single fact in your post. Just one fact, not opinion dressed as fact, will suffice.

Perhaps these terrorist where in fact Christians but decided to do this disgracefull war crime on innocent people in the name of Islam...

Give me a break !!!!

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
tigersnake said:
nah, but its a very rare loony that still hates when they have the best of everything, and even then that rare loony wouldn't act on their hate. Give people a half decent job and a place in society and the hate eases pretty quick.

Besides, there have always been people with hate in their DNA, whether isis or KKK, whatever. Difference now is more people in smaller areas with less money and opportunities, but with exposure to the good life that they can't have.

Bin Laden was a millionaire a hundred times over.

Brodders17 said:
shut the doors to who? everyone? noone in or out?
or just people who dont speak English? or who aren't white? or just those who dont share your religion?

Who do you think I'm referring to? Only one region has a penchant for blowing themselves up in exchange for virgins.

Think of it like discovering that a certain car model has a mechanical defect. Not all vehicles will be defective, but the manufacturer issues a recall of all units.

These people are, as a rule, defective. Time they were sent back to the factory that made them.

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
I reckon the 'fit will hit the shan' with the reporting that two of those responsible for the atrocities in Paris had put in as refugees in Greece. Gonna give a lot of fuel to the 'no immigrants' parties out there.

Some more won't get in but lots will suffer even more because of this, IMO.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
LeeToRainesToRoach said:

Who do you think I'm referring to? Only one region has a penchant for blowing themselves up in exchange for virgins.

Think of it like discovering that a certain car model has a mechanical defect. Not all vehicles will be defective, but the manufacturer issues a recall of all units.

These people are, as a rule, defective. Time they were sent back to the factory that made them.

yes, that a great idea. treat people like you treat cars. *smile* me dead.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
LeeToRainesToRoach said:

you got me there. Point stands though. He trawled the disaffected and alienated for followers.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Keep fiddling while Rome burns mate, just close your eyes and pretend everything will be OK. It's your prerogative.

we may disagree on the causes, (hitting hard hasn't really solved things), but I haven't seen anyone suggest everything will be OK.

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
What's a worry is that because of acts like this families fleeing these exact atrocities will have borders shut in their face. Whilst people are praying for paris spare a thought for decent humans and families fleeing unspeakable horrors played out on their doorstep on a weekly basis.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
tigersnake said:
we may disagree on the causes, (hitting hard hasn't really solved things), but I haven't seen anyone suggest everything will be OK.

This country's political approach is to completely discourage open and honest discussion of the problem. If we continue to pretend there is no problem ("lone wolves" etc), we will go under. It's the most gutless thing since Chamberlain.

"Quick, look over there - a day/night Test match!"

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I appreciate that Muslim terrorists make up a infinitesimal % of their faith but by God (Allah) they are succeeding in making this world a far worse place to be living.

You have to wonder how our great grandchildren will be living. Will there be "war" between Muslims and non Muslims? Is it only a matter of time before disaffected non Muslims decide to "hit back" and attack Muslims in a like matter? It's a scary sickening future.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Keep fiddling while Rome burns mate, just close your eyes and pretend everything will be OK. It's your prerogative.

i prefer to have my eyes open, and not ignore the deaths and suffering of the many who are trying to flee the violence.
you, and others advocating the "shut the border" approach, dont seem to care as long as it doesnt happen in your backyard.

you might consider those from the middle east, or muslims in general, as less important than westerners, but i dont.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Brodders17 said:
i prefer to have my eyes open, and not ignore the deaths and suffering of the many who are trying to flee the violence.
you, and others advocating the "shut the border" approach, dont seem to care as long as it doesnt happen in your backyard.

you might consider those from the middle east, or muslims in general, as less important than westerners, but i dont.

As often happens, the few spoil it for the many. What price foreign aid?

Like overloading a lifeboat in a disaster at sea, your attitude would doom us all. At this stage we still have a degree of control and must use it wisely.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Sintiger said:
The whole situation makes me sad and angry and there is no easy answer to this

i'm sad and angry that people do this in a the name a god that does not exist.

I was in Paris 3 months ago. I travelled to Paris on the Thalys train from Brussels. 1 week later there was an attempted terrorist attack on the same train which was foiled by a couple of brave American soldiers on holiday.

sad and angry.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
6 Million Muslims live in France.

It looks like these terrorists are predominantly imports.

You'd think, if Muslims were as evil and committed to hatred against infidels as is made out on this thread there would be a lot more killing and violence in France with 6 million Muslims.

It seems to be just a very small minority of terrorists who have hijacked Islam as their cause to further try to create a greater divide between people.

They'd be wrapped to hear people calling to close down borders for the refugees. That's their aim.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Baloo said:
6 Million Muslims live in France.

It looks like these terrorists are predominantly imports.

You'd think, if Muslims were as evil and committed to hatred against infidels as is made out on this thread there would be a lot more killing and violence in France with 6 million Muslims.

It seems to be just a very small minority of terrorists who have hijacked Islam as their cause to further try to create a greater divide between people.

They'd be wrapped to hear people calling to close down borders for the refugees. That's their aim.

Thing is, and they'd never admit it to us non-believers, that while most Muslims disagree with terrorist methods, they'd sooner thrown in their lot with ISIS than support the US government, or even our own. If it looked as though ISIS was winning and an Islamic Australia was imminent, they'd stab you in the back as soon as look at you. Islam's a brotherhood; you're either in the club or you're not. There's no room for compromise.

How can you possibly hope to properly integrate a people who see evil at every turn? Because that's what Muslims think when they turn on the TV and see advertising featuring scantily-clad women or promotions for alcohol or gambling. Haram you dirty Westerners! We can never live alongside these people except in trepidation and high alert.

I don't give a flying *smile* what twisted reasoning is given for the current situation. People seeking to disintegrate others into chunks of meat are so far from the bounds of normal human decency as to be regarded as sub-human. And that is the way we must perceive the enemy, as they perceive us.

As disillusioning as it must be for leftists to see their impossible ideals torn asunder on a weekly basis by terrorist acts, we ALL need to confront the problem. We're at war. Accept it. France is lost without something akin to the Boxer Rebellion, but we're still a chance.