Terrorist attacks in Paris | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Terrorist attacks in Paris

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Of course it is. Certain groups are simply regarded as "better" Muslims.

Why do Islamic leaders not stand with us in denouncing ISIS? Sure, they release carefully worded statements. But why do they not publicly demand their followers weed the black sheep from the flock and hand them to authorities? Where is the outrage? Where is the urgency? Where is the brotherhood with us, who gave them a home? Why are they not wearing the Team Australia jumper?
Massive bombing in Beirut last week killed 50 muslims, French fighter jets taking off today from Jordan to bomb Daesh, 300,000 Syrians killed so far, 3 million have fled Syria .........its not much of a brotherhood !

Waleed Aly nails it. We have to reject people preaching hate, if we don't these bastards have won.

http://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/the-projects-waleed-aly-praised-for-unity-message-in-the-wake-of-paris-attacks-20151116-gl0fz9.html

The Project's Waleed Aly has launched an impassioned plea for unity following the Paris terror attacks, saying that divisive actions of hate will serve only to help Islamic State.

In comments which drew widespread praise across social media, Aly said on Monday night's The Project that IS' aim was to split the world into "two camps ... A global war between Muslims and everyone else".

"We are all feeling a million raging emotions right now. I am angry at these terrorists. I am sickened by the violence and I am crushed for the families that have been left behind, but, you know what, I won't be manipulated. We all need to come together.

"I know how that sounds. I know it's a cliche but it's also true because it's exactly what ISIL doesn't want. So if you're a member of Parliament or a has-been member of Parliament preaching hate at a time when what we actually need is more love, you are helping ISIL. They have told us that.

"If you are just someone with a Facebook or Twitter account firing off misguided missives of hate, you are helping ISIL. They have told us that.

"I am pretty sure that right now none of us wants to help these bastards."

Recent attacks and threats against Muslims would serve to only aid IS's aims, he said.

"They want societies like France and here in Australia to turn on each other.

"They want countries like ours to reject their Muslims and vilify them."

Calling the organisation "weak", he said, "What we don't know yet is if the attack was planned, ordered or funded by ISIL's leaders in Syria because the problem is, this is what ISIL do. They take credit for any act of terrorism on Western soil so they appear bigger and tougher than they actually are."

He went on to say: "ISIL leaders would be ecstatic to hear that Muslims have been reportedly threatened and attacked in England, America and here in Australia because this evil organisation has it in their heads that if they can make Muslims the enemy of the West, then Muslims in France and England and America and here in Australia will have nowhere to turn but to ISIL.

"That was exactly their strategy in Iraq. And now they want it to go global.

"Saying that out loud, it is both dumbfounding in its stupidity and blood-curdling in its barbarity."

Sintiger said:
Waleed Aly nails it. We have to reject people preaching hate, if we don't these bastards have won.

http://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/the-projects-waleed-aly-praised-for-unity-message-in-the-wake-of-paris-attacks-20151116-gl0fz9.html

The Project's Waleed Aly has launched an impassioned plea for unity following the Paris terror attacks, saying that divisive actions of hate will serve only to help Islamic State.

In comments which drew widespread praise across social media, Aly said on Monday night's The Project that IS' aim was to split the world into "two camps ... A global war between Muslims and everyone else".

"We are all feeling a million raging emotions right now. I am angry at these terrorists. I am sickened by the violence and I am crushed for the families that have been left behind, but, you know what, I won't be manipulated. We all need to come together.

"I know how that sounds. I know it's a cliche but it's also true because it's exactly what ISIL doesn't want. So if you're a member of Parliament or a has-been member of Parliament preaching hate at a time when what we actually need is more love, you are helping ISIL. They have told us that.

"If you are just someone with a Facebook or Twitter account firing off misguided missives of hate, you are helping ISIL. They have told us that.

Recent attacks and threats against Muslims would serve to only aid IS's aims, he said.

Calling the organisation "weak", he said, "What we don't know yet is if the attack was planned, ordered or funded by ISIL's leaders in Syria because the problem is, this is what ISIL do. They take credit for any act of terrorism on Western soil so they appear bigger and tougher than they actually are."

He went on to say: "ISIL leaders would be ecstatic to hear that Muslims have been reportedly threatened and attacked in England, America and here in Australia because this evil organisation has it in their heads that if they can make Muslims the enemy of the West, then Muslims in France and England and America and here in Australia will have nowhere to turn but to ISIL.

"Saying that out loud, it is both dumbfounding in its stupidity and blood-curdling in its barbarity."

Are Australian Muslims prepared to stage public rallies denouncing ISIS, and terrorism in general? Think there'd be many who'd march with them in support. I'd do it, provided I felt the risk was negligible.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Of course it is. Certain groups are simply regarded as "better" Muslims.

rubbish. Muslims die in their thousands in the middle east, killed by other Muslims of different faith. To say that Islam is some sort of monolithic brotherhood flies in the face of history and contemporary political reality.

Of course it's much easier to say "they are all out to get us".

antman said:
rubbish. Muslims die in their thousands in the middle east, killed by other Muslims of different faith. To say that Islam is some sort of monolithic brotherhood flies in the face of history and contemporary political reality.

But aren't all Christians the same? ;)

http://www.straitstimes.com/world/europe/paris-attacks-rotterdams-muslim-mayor-calls-for-total-destruction-of-isis

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Are Australian Muslims prepared to stage public rallies denouncing ISIS, and terrorism in general? Think there'd be many who'd march with them in support. I'd do it, provided I felt the risk was negligible.

Pretty sure I've seen plenty of muslim faces in previous rallies against Daesh.

And great speech by Waleed, really nails some good points about Deash/ISIL.

IanG said:
Pretty sure I've seen plenty of muslim faces in previous rallies against Daesh.

Dates? Places? Numbers?

And great speech by Waleed, really nails some good points about Deash/ISIL.

Yeah nah, same old "embrace your Muslims" rhetoric.

How about initiating unfettered discussion of the problem? I heard more, and better, from a foreign analyst in 20 minutes on the ABC today than I've heard from our leaders.

antman said:

You don't get it. I don't give a hoot what they do to each other in their homeland. I don't want it coming here. End of.

I'm confused. Do I hate Daesh, or do I hate the the USAs foreign oil polices. Do I still hate the Russians or do I still hate Al Quada? Social media can't convince me me one way or the other. As much as fb wants me to change my picture to the tricolour I can't get the flags of Kenya, Iraq and Syria out of my mind. Is it just social media BS or is it just me?

snaps truly said:
I'm confused. Do I hate Daesh, or do I hate the the USAs foreign oil polices. Do I still hate the Russians or do I still hate Al Quada? Social media can't convince me me one way or the other. As much as fb wants me to change my picture to the tricolour I can't get the flags of Kenya, Iraq and Syria out of my mind. Is it just social media BS or is it just me?

Hater.

Sintiger said:

This bloke is a commentator and a Muslim one at that.. How about Muslims walk down the main st of Melbourne and or Sydney and denounce this disgraceful act some days ago ????? Perhaps THEN Australians might try and believe there cause and alliance to Australia , but atm l'm not fxxxxxg hearing it .... get it !!!!

snaps truly said:
I hate to hate. But I'm not sure who to hate.

you%2Bmy%2Bfavorite%2Bhater.jpg

snaps truly said:

Seeing people post about Kenya has been amusing the last few days. The Garissa attack was, of course, in April, when these knuckleheads didn't read that story the first time.

Good analysis here:

https://medium.com/@martinbelam/you-won-t-read-about-this-in-the-media-but-b275d46fd51f

gutfull said:
This bloke is a commentator and a Muslim one at that.. How about Muslims walk down the main st of Melbourne and or Sydney and denounce this disgraceful act some days ago ????? Perhaps THEN Australians might try and believe there cause and alliance to Australia , but atm l'm not fxxxxxg hearing it .... get it !!!!

You honestly reckon 99.9% of Muslims don't hate what IS is doing? Muslims aren't IS.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
You don't get it. I don't give a hoot what they do to each other in their homeland. I don't want it coming here. End of.
Clearly you believe you are Australian before being part of humanity. I choose the opposite.

I want nothing of team Australia, Aussie aussie Aussie, oi oi oi oi. That is part of the problem not the solution