The call we have to make | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The call we have to make

pointless arguments -

gibcus isn't yet our most promising back, Noah is atm. gibcus could become our most promising forward, where there are none.

as for the whole 'coleman medallist' thing, this just reflects your lack of conviction.

players get old, happens. jack could have ten colemans and the situation wouldn't have changed.

and yes, I was also at the ground lol probably not near where you were serving pies and chips but there in any case
I am maximum conviction on this.

Jack paves the way to a 2022 premiership.

.... What have you got against pies and chips?

Jack is nearing the end of his career, we all know that. But he contributes every week, pops up with goals and ties down a key defender. His role is to do just this, no way we lose him now.

Balta forward was ok, he can do it but not brilliant. Balta down back, close to brilliant and getting better. Leave Balta back, it works, we all know this.

Gibcus is a defender. But more than that Gibcus is a 2020s defender. Spoils, intercept marks, gathers the ball and rebounds. Why the f*ck would you mess with that?

We have 2 pieces of the puzzle coming along well in defence. We need tall forwards to come in as Jack will retire soon and Lynch a few years later. We are developing Samson Ryan and hopefully some prospects will come through the VFL. It is a work in progress but will take time. In the meantime we have 2 gun forwards most teams would dream of having.

DS

Reactions: 4 users
Jack isn't going anywhere.

Our structure now is the best it has been all year and with Tarrant out we are now have a better balance down back and as a result are seeing much better ball movement out of our defensive 50. We look so much better when we can generate speed on the game.

I thought yesterday Soldo pretty ordinary, and seeing as though this thread is about making changes, a possible change that would allow us to maintain the current balance of talls/smalls could be we drop Soldo and move Balta into the back-up ruck role . Then replace Balta down back with Tarrant.
I reckon if Tarrant can overcome his hip issue we will see a massive improve in his mobility and subsequently his form.

I suspect though that Dimma won't mess around too much with things now and we will see a relatively consistent line up from now on.

Reactions: 1 user