The Glass Half Full Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Glass Half Full Thread

deedee

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 12, 2011
I think things are looking pretty good for 2024 / 2025 on-wards, been in all games this year and it has not been the old stars leading the way, sure we need a few more to go threw the midfield, work the free agent system hard and we will be in a good position pretty soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Especially the last one.

I got a sudden rush of confidence this morning.

We out-muscled a genuine flag contender, undermanned, without luck,

6 weeks out.

If we were a racehorse setting for the cox plate,

Weve followed up a 2 shocking runs with a bullocking deadheat against the 3rd favourite
I had that exact feeling after the game last night.

Reactions: 1 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
What's clear is that we've discovered three forward half weapons. Cumberland, MRJ and Sonsie.

MRJ ( sharp hair cut last nite, looked more powerful) changed the pressure level when he came on, albeit 30 mins too late. He's a low-touch high impact speed missile. Needs to play everyweek. Cumberland has craft, 1 on 1 footballer. Natural smart. Hoofs it. Has intent. Goal kicker. And Swizzle has class, time, pose, and BWA. You want him getting the bulk of his touches forward of center. Mid-field prototype. We haven't had young weapons come through at one time for a long time. And you can almost but not yet add Judson Clarke to that group. We need some young talls with them. Cadman fits that criteria.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
What's clear is that we've discovered three forward half weapons. Cumberland, MRJ and Sonsie.

MRJ ( sharp hair cut last nite, looked more powerful) changed the pressure level when he came on, albeit 30 mins too late. He's a low-touch high impact speed missile. Needs to play everyweek. Cumberland has craft, 1 on 1 footballer. Natural smart. Hoofs it. Has intent. Goal kicker. And Swizzle has class, time, pose, and BWA. You want him getting the bulk of his touches forward of center. Mid-field prototype. We haven't had young weapons come through at one time for a long time. And you can almost but not yet at Judson Clarke to that group. We need some young talls with them. Cadman fits that criteria.
You can add Gibcus to that mix.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

MRJ ( sharp hair cut last nite, looked more powerful) changed the pressure level when he came on, albeit 30 mins too late. He's a low-touch high impact speed missile. Needs to play everyweek. Cumberland has craft, 1 on 1 footballer. Natural smart. Hoofs it. Has intent. Goal kicker. And Swizzle has class, time, pose, and BWA. You want him getting the bulk of his touches forward of center. Mid-field prototype. We haven't had young weapons come through at one time for a long time. And you can almost but not yet at Judson Clarke to that group. We need some young talls with them. Cadman fits that criteria.
Same thought here. Go Mozzzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaaa!!!!

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
very satisfying to see the VFL guys showing their worth in the firsts.
Cumberland could've been introduced earlier having seen his efforts in the 2s.
Sonsie about right for the timing, and his touches have shown his class.
MRJ should've been in the side from the get-go last night.
Miller looking more confident for the runs.

We are not that far away from any team in the league. Bad kicking has let us down the past 3 weeks.
Prior to that a bit of loose discipline.

Being your own worst enemy is not a bad situation to be in.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
If all results go according to ladder position (they won't but at least this eliminates biaS) we finish 6 pts clear of 9th. And get Freo in an elimination final.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Looked like Mozza had muscled up a bit last night. He even gave the bloke he ran down a bit of a shove after doing that, just to let him know he wasn’t going to be taking any *smile*. A bit of spirit. I like it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Tigers2020

Tiger Rookie
Nov 6, 2020
On the expected scores ladder, we are 14-4 with our losses coming in rounds 1,3,5 and 6. So we are 12-0 on expected scores in our last 12 games

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
We've worked out a better way of dealing with the stand rule. Our pressure is back. I think there is so much frustration because we can see a golden opportunity slipping. We deserve to be higher on the ladder.

Perhaps the players have a plan. Be the first side to win it from 8th. Beat Melb in a Prelim and the Cats in a GF. Dynasty complete.

Reactions: 3 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
So who do we beat in the GF?

Cats of course.

Stewart and dangerfield get stretchered off with shattered heads,

And chris or brad scott, it doesnt matter theyre both *smile* with the same genes,

Go into dimmas box to concede,

And dimma drops his duds and browneyes him,

Then retires on the podium

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Gold coast beat us and get *smile* on the next week

North roll us and get *smile* on this week,

Freo draw with us but probably will lose badly next week.

We try to help other teams but still they let us down........................................

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
12 weeks of worst result a 6 point loss, that's unbelievable, our club knows that our troubles are 100% midfield based,especially as dusty has played only 7 games.

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
hope we get Taranto or Hopper. For me, Taranto. For many of you, Hopper. No worries either way I hope.

i agree w you, Blair has done a great job of getting who we targeted - Lynch, Prestia and even Tarrant come to mind. Treloar a miss you could say?
Did we chase Cerra Smoking?

I'm just a little pessimistic this year - just gut feel, nothing else - that we arent in the box seat like other years.
I share your thoughts, but there is no reason why tigers wouldn't get hopper or Taranto as after retirements ,we have cap.space.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Cats of course.

Stewart and dangerfield get stretchered off with shattered heads,

And chris or brad scott, it doesnt matter theyre both *smile* with the same genes,

Go into dimmas box to concede,

And dimma drops his duds and browneyes him,

Then retires on the podium
Love all that except the last line.