The global swing to the right :-) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The global swing to the right :-)

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
gutfull said:
Fair Azza as far as lm concerned they are ALL gutless people who WON''T make the tough calls .London anybody ?.

gee gutfull you're frothing at the mouth so much, gibberish is spewing out.

I saw a stat the other day. 3 Australians have died in terror attacks on Australian soil since September 11 (and that's assuming the Brighton attacker was a terrorist which is debatable). In the same time 200 people have died in bath accidents.

tigertim said:
None, it's all the previous Liberal party's fault.

But I jest. It's not what the ALP policies have caused the upsurge it's what are the ALP policies to cope with it?

Well Labor is undeservedly copping all the blame (Murdoch Media agenda of course). Andrews announced the biggest police recruiting drive in history late last year. Matthew Guy plans to bring back the old mandatory sentencing chestnut.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Ian4 said:
gee gutfull you're frothing at the mouth so much, gibberish is spewing out.

I saw a stat the other day. 3 Australians have died in terror attacks on Australian soil since September 11 (and that's assuming the Brighton attacker was a terrorist which is debatable). In the same time 200 people have died in bath accidents.

Geez, talk about dragging out old chestnuts. Yes, more people die from ACCIDENTS! But they're ACCIDENTS, they aren't as a result of a madman plunging a knife into a person, or blowing up kids at a kiddie concert. One is an ACCIDENT, the other designed to create terror. Slight difference.

What's your point when you drag out "more people die of bath accidents"? ( btw, can you provide some evidence 200 Australians have died of bath accidents since September 11).

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
tigertim said:
Geez, talk about dragging out old chestnuts. Yes, more people die from ACCIDENTS! But they're ACCIDENTS, they aren't as a result of a madman plunging a knife into a person, or blowing up kids at a kiddie concert. One is an ACCIDENT, the other designed to create terror. Slight difference.

What's your point when you drag out "more people die of bath accidents"? ( btw, can you provide some evidence 200 Australians have died of bath accidents since September 11).

Don't like accidents? Fair enough. How about domestic violence? Around about 80 deaths per year. But gets a tiny fraction of the media attention and budget.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
antman said:
Don't like accidents? Fair enough. How about domestic violence? Around about 80 deaths per year. But gets a tiny fraction of the media attention and budget.

You should start a domestic violence thread. Ian should start a bath deaths thread. #westandagainstbaths

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
antman said:
Yep, and the more the governments address the scourge the better.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Harry said:
You should start a domestic violence thread. Ian should start a bath deaths thread. #westandagainstbaths

no comment on those odd H? I'm an odds man meself, all the way.

E

easy_tiger

Ian4 said:

maybe if they put 200 baths in the new SuperDooperTerror Max jail it would be a quasi-death penalty for the 3 blokes in there?

Azza

Tiger Champion
Aug 30, 2007
Back on topic. I like the way Julie Bishop has come out against Corbyn's policies saying the world has moved on. I think the world is actually moving away from the neo-liberalism that the Libs promote that makes the very rich richer and everyone else poorer.

If anyone is behind the historical eight-ball it's her and the dinosaurs in the Liberal Party.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
easy said:
maybe if they put 200 baths in the new SuperDooperTerror Max jail it would be a quasi-death penalty for the 3 blokes in there?

Actually it is wonder ISIS are not mass producing baths and leaving them strategically around the major cities of the world.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
jb03 said:
Actually it is wonder ISIS are not mass producing baths and leaving them strategically around the major cities of the world.

If this secret gets out a lot of spouses would get an extra deep bath installed at the granny flat for their mother inlaw.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
take the p!ss all you want about my comments re the bath deaths (antman clearly provided a more appropriate example) but I saw another stat over the weekend that suggested something like $33 billion has been spent on protecting Australians from terrorism domestically. I concede I can't vouch for the authenticity of those figures, but even if they are wrong, the figures are still in the multiple billions. and for what? yes there have been a few thwarted attempts, but 3 deaths on home soil in 16 years suggests the risk of terrorism in Australia is negligible. but that hasn't stopped politicians (from both sides) fanning the flames of fear.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
You saying we need more deaths to justify the spending? Perhaps the spending has decreased the risk.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Harry said:
You saying we need more deaths to justify the spending? Perhaps the spending has decreased the risk.

don't be silly. happy to admit spending has most likely decreased the risk somewhat as we know some attempts have been thwarted. All I am saying is that the risk in Australia is negligible and most likely doesn't justify the amount spent. But they justify it by spreading fear in the community. I am ashamed to admit that even I have fallen for it from time to time.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
jb03 said:

Well now you've done it! You do know Abu Bakr al Baghdadi is a big contributor to PRE and now that he's read this....look out!

Bath tubs, bees, falling televisions......oh the horror!

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Let's spare a thought for John McCain & the Republicans who lost a dear friend and ally.