The I ❤️ Collingwood thread. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The I ❤️ Collingwood thread.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
The interstate paranoia about Victoria is wearing thin.

very hard to disagree.

I've often thought that when Port redesigned their jumper (to wear the 'v' design), why didn't they simply take the prison bar jumper as a template and make it a black white and teal design of that. Kind of a compromise that everyone might have been able to live with.

agree. seems like a common sense compromise.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
The interstate paranoia about Victoria is wearing thin. Koch needs to shut up and wear his teal.
I liked port when they were shiiit.
As a club that entered the competition as a brand new club always wanting to bring up there heritage.
If it means that much fyck iff back to the SaNFL.

Reactions: 1 user

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Port may be whingers how the AFL is beholden to McGuire is amazing. Gill really is pretty spineless.

1619664891393.png

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Personally, I'm not overly passionate either way on this one. If Port want to wear the prison bars, I'm kind of.....meh.....if they are prevented from wearing it....meh.
How would you feel if Tasmania entered the comp and then started reducing their jumper to just yellow and black and having tigers on their merchandise? (The 2007 agreement with Port said 'no merch' yet most of their supporters wear prison bar jumpers.)
Port may be whingers how the AFL is beholden to McGuire is amazing. Gill really is pretty spineless.
It will go to court so Gill's simply stopping that.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
How would you feel if Tasmania entered the comp and then started reducing their jumper to just yellow and black and having tigers on their merchandise? (The 2007 agreement with Port said 'no merch' yet most of their supporters wear prison bar jumpers.)
I'm Tasmanian and a Richmond supporter, couldn't get a more perfect outcome for me. ;)

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
I don't agree, they entered the AFL as the Port Adelaide Power.
They wore a jumper that had a thunder bolt on it with black, white and teal on it.
All of a sudden the Muppets are wearing Collingwood jumpers with a magpie on scarfs and 90% of their merchandise are black and white.
We already have a team that wears black and white and are called the magpies.
What happened to the Tarps??
Agree. I think If a tassie devils team entered the league and started morphing into a tassie tigers slowly over 10 years we’d be pissed off. Even if the Tassie tiger is a cultural and heritage part of being Tasmanian.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Its like watching 2 people you hate try and destroy each other. It's as rare as it is beautiful. Sit back and enjoy the show

• Haha

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
which is 100% wrong. Port Adelaide (like any team) should be allowed to wear whatever they hell they want when they are the home team.
That's true but from my memory they didn't enter the AFL as the PAFC.

They entered under the name Port Adelaide Power.

They were not and are not the PAFC Magpies, therefore they dont really have rights to the PAFC Magpies guernsey I'm guessing.

Port Power was a separate entity because they did not want to remove the PAFC from the SANFL and decimate it or something alog those lines. They also didnt want to cause dissent with other SANFL clubs who felt blindsided and those whom may have also wanted to try for an AFL licence ie North Adelaide, South Adelaide etc.

They have since taken the PAFC Magpies as their feeder club understandably but they are not the PAFC Magpies.

Im sure a couple of our SA based PRE'rs have the skinny and best knowledge on this.

Last edited:

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria

They were not and are not the PAFC Magpies, therefore they dont really have rights to the PAFC Magpies guernsey I'm guessing.

Port Power was a separate entity because they did not want to remove the PAFC from the SANFL and decimate it or something alog those lines. They also didnt want to cause dissent with other SANFL clubs who felt blindsided and those whom may have also wanted to try for an AFL licence ie North Adelaide, South Adelaide etc.

They have since taken the PAFC Magpies as their feeder club understandably but they are not the PAFC Magpies.

Im sure a couple of our SA based PRE'rs have the skinny and best knowledge on this.
100% right, Craig. Even Mark Williams (Port Adelaide royalty) agrees with that version if things.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Excellent trolling by Waynkery.

If I may say they got the heading of that article wrong.

Replace the ign with ack and get rid of the re in front and then to me it makes perfect sense - otherwise what plant are they on.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Geez I hope they re sign him.

Their culture is sheizen let Figgy maintain it.

Wright and a new coaching panel will probably sort that shithousery out.

Nah I'd prefer them eating each other.

Reactions: 1 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Excellent trolling by Waynkery.
In fairness he did deconstruct Malthouse's side and build it up again to reach a grand final. So they know he can do it. I guess they're waiting to see whether he still has the hunger and the ability to motivate after going back three steps.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
While I don’t really care about the jumper kerfuffle between the 2 flog teams, I did have a chuckle when fat Ed was defending his stance by saying they signed a contract and that they would enforce it. I was thinking about what treloar, Stephenson, Phillips etc were thinking when they heard that :))

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Yes agree.
It's getting a rise out of Eddie though, which is a good thing.
Bit like being back at school watching two girls going at it in a fight. Great to watch but the highlight is when a tit falls out.
Enter Eddie McGuire.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne

all of this changed a few years ago now. to me thats irrelevant