The I ❤️ Collingwood thread. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The I ❤️ Collingwood thread.

Happy Julia Louis Dreyfus GIF by Crave

Reactions: 1 user
Cooooooooolllllllllllliiiiiiiiiiiinnnngggggggwwwwwwwooooooooooodddddddddddd

Your semi-regular reminder that the Pies are 2-12 in grand finals during my lifetime. Long may it continue.
Just an addition to that. The last time they won a grand final in September was in 1958. Since then they have played in 13 grand finals in September for 11 losses and 2 draws

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Maybe other teams have worked out how to combat the last quarter comebacks from Collingwood. It is noticeable that both Carlton and Hawthorn kicked the first couple of goals in the last quarter against Collingwood. I think teams are working out that you go into your shell and defend at your peril if you have a small to medium lead at 3/4 time.

Also, clogging up their run would help.

The loss of Daicos will be a big factor, players like that are just not replaceable with like for like. Not possible to have a back up just as good with the salary cap.

We'll see how it goes from here, Collingwood remain contenders and McRae is a good coach and will be sorting out how best to plug the gaps.

DS

Reactions: 1 users
Starting to look like a Melbourne premiership coming up.

Reckon could be demons vs dogs grand final again

Reactions: 1 users
Percentage (and more recent percentage - ie last 5-10 games) remains the best guide for me.

Then factor in injuries.

Percentage says Brisbane Collingwood Melbourne and Carlton.

Collingwood and Brisbane have hit some injuries to important midfielders. I’d imagine their recent percentage is poor.

Melbourne covering Oliver. Forward line main question. Carlton without McKay look a lot better and midfield has hit its straps. Very unlikely they get top 4 though.

So Melbourne seem to be in the drivers seat.

was the Pies dealer busted prior to the Blues game ?

• Haha
Weeks ago I commented to a Pies mate that this is shaping up to be 2018 all over again, but with the Pies in the hot seat this time...
Then, last week, the Scum applied the appropriate pressure and found them out...
Back in the pre season, the Pies played the Hawks in a practice match, and applied that pressure, and also tagged Daicos big time....Daicos was found out then...yes, credit where it’s due, he is extremely fit, agile, and has great skills, but he CANT handle the tough stuff. However, no one cottoned on until the Scum played them last week.
The Hawks must have been rubbing their hands together thinking “Yep, Daicos is a great player, but what we did pre season is the real deal”...and they were right.
So, now, the pressure is on the Pies as a team “Big Time”....and now their supposedly best player is out.....

I ran into another Pies mate( who has a lot of intel from the inner sanctum ) today, I said “the Wobbles are a month early this year”....he said (without hesitation, or any smart “smile” comment) “Yep”

They are in trouble!!!
Thank God!,

Reactions: 2 users