The I ❤️ Collingwood thread. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The I ❤️ Collingwood thread.

Ossie

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 15, 2012
I give em De Goey, Trelol and Howe.

I also understand them including Ed Langdon as he was playing great footy for them and was their best in the 2018 GF, but he has been injured pretty much since and is possibly near done because of it.

Beams whilst a former gun is finished and was a bad investment for them.

Quaynor doesnt count.
Agree Craig, but Ed Langdon went from Freo to the Dees. Tom is the Pies player.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
No worries mate. Tom was very good for them in 2018, but has a really bad degenerative knee condition.

That means nothing at Collingwood.
They have kept Reid for 5 years doing bugger all.
Dunn, seriously he was finished the day they recruited him
Wells?
Broomhead?
Langdon willl be on the list as long as he likes.

Reactions: 1 user

sconies

Tiger Rookie
Aug 22, 2019
welp.
Am I the only one on here who actually likes Treloar? Sure he chose a rival over us – but in his shoes at the time, who wouldn't have?

The more I've seen him in the media I just see him as a genuine, caring player. Especially when he's been so open about his mental health struggles.

I'm a fan.

I do absolutely hate the rest of Collingwood however.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Buckley at his best ...his true self.

Enjoy
Yes, saw that at the time, W. Gees I laughed. Thanks for posting, just looked at it again. Still laughing, It's hard to stop actually. Think I will save it somewhere. It's hilarious - like a baby throwing a tantrum in their cot. :D

• Haha

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
They are going nuts.

*They want Hine gone.
*They want Eddie out.
*They want Buckley out.
*They want Sanderson gone.
*They want to trade Treloar.
*They want Walker at Full forward
*They want Polec
*They want Mitchell
*They want Carcella
*They can't believe they gave Grundy 7 years
*They can't believe Broomhead, Dunn and Reid are on the list.
*They can't believe they wasted 2 first rounders on Beams.
*They can't believe they have salary cap issues with that squad.

Life is beautiful.
Enjoyed this, Zips, and so much is funny. But have to ask, is your source BigFooty or what?

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Am I the only one on here who actually likes Treloar? Sure he chose a rival over us – but in his shoes at the time, who wouldn't have?

The more I've seen him in the media I just see him as a genuine, caring player. Especially when he's been so open about his mental health struggles.

I'm a fan.

Nah. Respect his honesty about the MH issues and admire his willingness to come forward.
I don't think he's an awful bloke or anything. Seems well-natured, Sconies, but it was the double-dealing. He seems to have virtually signed for us or led us on to think he had committed. Then, at the last moment, cut us out. That was a low act. [The Skunks tried the same underhand stuff with Tom Lynch, who grew up even a Pies fan, but he stayed true and now a premiership legend].

Next he lacks footy nous for how he was so wrong about the respective lists. But, most of all, it was that demeaning tousle of Cotch's hair after they got one over us. That's one many of us will not forgive.

Think we can see who has had the last laugh over and over ....

Reactions: 2 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

I'm a fan.

Haven't kept up on his mental health struggles, good for him on that, but when he rubbed Cotch's beautiful hair that wasn't good.

I have some sympathy for his "best list" comment, got put on the spot as a young player and didn't really handle it.

I always enjoy when he pings a hammie, then feel slightly bad about it

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
could well be?

I like Toby Greene, while we are coming clean.

Love Greene.
Greene would makes us unbeatable.
I reckon he would love to play for us.
The crowds, playing alongside Dusty.
It wouldnt take much to persuade him.
How long is he contracted for??

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Greene wins games.
Trealor just cries in his sleep

yeah used to hate Tobes with his dirty snipes, kicks and eye gouging and his punchable head but for some reason quite like him now

Reactions: 1 users

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
And I have always wished Dermott Brereton was a Tiger. Generally also respect his opinions about footy except the view that Dusty was a short term prospect and a "waddler". How wrong can a person be.
Also Tony Free incident.

• Angry
Reactions: 1 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
And I have always wished Dermott Brereton was a Tiger. Generally also respect his opinions about footy except the view that Dusty was a short term prospect and a "waddler". How wrong can a person be.
Also Tony Free incident.
Dermie also wrote an article early in Josh Kennedy's career (Carlton West Coast Josh) that he wouldn't make it because in junior football he took all his marks on the lead and not overhead. Boasted about Hawthorn inviting him to watch tapes and he told them don't bother if they had the chance. this was of course when Kennedy was still a bit of an unknown commodity at Carlton.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002

I'm a fan.

Apparently went back on an agreement to join us then had the nerve to rub our faces in. First by saying publicly he thought Collingwood had the better list and then by carrying on like a twat when Collingwood beat us in 2016.

The whole saga around him joining Collingwood stinks and should have been investigated by the AFL.

Reactions: 3 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Collingwood have lost 71 games through players being injured from rounds 2-12. Richmond have lost 67.

It doesn’t mention whether games lost includes players unavailable ie Shed and Bach.

if it’s based on the subjective “best 22” Collingwood have lost 60 games, we’ve lost 24.