The Most Continually Overrated Player In The Game By The Media? Have Your Say | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Most Continually Overrated Player In The Game By The Media? Have Your Say

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Yeah, anyone or anything related to the bumbers is overrated imo and that includes ex bumbers like Saad. Saad is a really really good player but he is not a superstar of the game and yet to be mentioned in the same breath as Houli (the only exception to my rule).

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
It was Jaeger O'Meara for a while there

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Tom Mitchell
Jeremy McGovern

Can both be added to the list.

I'd also add Anthony McDonald Tipungwuti. Decent player but constantly goes missing in the big games. May show up for 1 run down tackle and do nothing else all game.

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Can’t go with that one.

He has won a Brownlow Medal ….and finished runner up by 1 vote in another. And third in another.
Fair enough, Robert.
That's what this forum is all about.

I don't rate him.
I have him in the Tom Mitchell (another Brownlow winner) category.
Huge accumulator of meaningless stats that rarely hurt the oppo.

That's the beauty of this forum.
Everyone has their own ideas.
Love it.

Roll on Thursday!

Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Tom Mitchell
Jeremy McGovern

Can both be added to the list.

I'd also add Anthony McDonald Tipungwuti. Decent player but constantly goes missing in the big games. May show up for 1 run down tackle and do nothing else all game.
Tippa's a good one, they are starting to add up for Bomber's

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Daniher & Dixon hard to split. Probably Dixon for me simply for his overhyped physicality. He's the least physical "power" forward in the game.

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Need to do an underrated thread too caesar.
Ben Cunnington would have been a franchise player at another club, I reckon Grimes doesn't get the plaudits he deserves & Jack Crisp constantly undersold with Pendles & Sidebottom hogging the headlines.

Reactions: 2 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Most overrated flogs
*90% of Port Adelaide players besides Rozee.
*Saad
*NitNat
*Blakey
*Adams
*Stringer
*Ramankas

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Crumples Macrae
I wholeheartedly disagree, super consistent & rarely misses games, his disposal is also top notch. Maybe not in the Bont class but would happily take him if on the open market.