The new era: changes v Port | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The new era: changes v Port

Can’t believe that our AFL and VFL teams play at same time, could impact on selection.

Reactions: 1 users
Ok, our era has ended. We paid tribute to an unbelievable dynasty today.

But we must move on. On new era starts next week. Get rid of the dead wood. Play the next generation.

Out: Riewoldt, Cotchin, McIntosh, Graham, Pickett, Grimes

In: Bauer, Sonsie, Brown, Banks, Coulthard, Rioli (midfield)

Trezise sub
These changes are not possible as apart from retired players,none are eligible for vfl.

Ok, our era has ended. We paid tribute to an unbelievable dynasty today.

But we must move on. On new era starts next week. Get rid of the dead wood. Play the next generation.

Out: Riewoldt, Cotchin, McIntosh, Graham, Pickett, Grimes

In: Bauer, Sonsie, Brown, Banks, Coulthard, Rioli (midfield)

Trezise sub
Yep with sonz out for a spell throw nipper a jumper tho more likely HRS

Coulthard and Bauer in as they are both SA lads let em play a game at home and visit their families afterwards.

Ryan also in and possibly another youngster maybe Banks or Brown.

Reactions: 1 user
Coulthard and Bauer in as they are both SA lads let em play a game at home and visit their families afterwards.

Ryan also in and possibly another youngster maybe Banks or Brown.

Isn't Bauer from Sydney?

I think the AFL team will be based around those not eligible to play for the 2's.

Reactions: 1 user
I’d be inclined to minimise changes and let the younger players participate in the vfl final.

Reactions: 2 users
Grimes will play his last game against Port, then announce after.

Could be wrong but his form is certainly pointing that way.

Reactions: 2 users

He has had a mare of a season. The drop off has been precipitous. Confidence shot too dropping uncontested marks that lead to goals.

Hope he has been carrying something fixable we don’t know about or just has a poor pre season or something. Maybe he is swimming in wine and business struggling. Most likely it’s Father Time.

Reactions: 3 users

I hope you're right. I reckon his struggles early in the year were overblown, but he has been ordinary in the back half of the year.
And we need to move someone out in the backline to make way for a youngster or 2. (If Vlastuin was traded maybe Grimes stays- but i would still think he should retire.)

Was from their Academy but didn’t he play in SA?

He did, but the comment I was responding to, was a comment around him playing at home in SA in front of his family, who I don't think were from SA. He grew up in Sydney and was part of their academy and went to North Adelaide as he wanted to have a crack at the SANFL I think.

Reactions: 1 users
He did, but the comment I was responding to, was a comment around him playing at home in SA in front of his family, who I don't think were from SA. He grew up in Sydney and was part of their academy and went to North Adelaide as he wanted to have a crack at the SANFL I think.
True Posh.

Do we know if any of his family went up with him while in was in SA or are they still in NSW?

This morning I watched our 2019, round 4 battle against Port where we went in undermanned & had a memorable upset win on their deck.
Lynch in his 1st year with us was great & a whole host of young cubs were terrific headed by J Ross on debut.

What was most notable though was Grimesy was a wall that day in the upset win.
He marked absolutely everything & really lead from the front in defence, just 3 weeks after Rance did his knee. He was playing Alex's role just as well if not better. Incredible that game as he has been in many before & since.

That's why it's so tough to watch what he's delivering now. He is a shadow of that player.
He's fumbling & second guessing himself. Focused purely on defence, & taking few intercept marks. His dexterity & pace has dropped away too. It was evident.
As said many times this is a result of lack of confidence in his body. Common in older players as soft tissue injuries mount.

He might play on next year but there's no way he should be captain. I won't be surprised if the new coach taps him on the shoulder either given our list.
Father time is coming for Dylan.

Reactions: 5 users
Closer to option C best course, as a win over Port Adelaide would give a much greater boost to end of season confidence than a win in the VFL's so called wild card final.
Also prefer Cumberland to Mansell.

B Broad Young Vlastuin
HB Brown* Rioli D (if available), Short
C Ross Martin Banks
HF Cumberland Baker Bolton
F Hopper Balta Bauer
R Nankervis Taranto Rioli M Jr
I/C and Sub from Graham, Grimes, McIntosh, Pickett and Soldo.