The Richmond 2017 AFL Grand Final thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Richmond 2017 AFL Grand Final thread

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
Screaming

'Just give it to rioli!'

in the '17 prelim

Was pretty fun

Im certain i felt the MCG suspended concrete flex that day
'17 QF against Geelong. Front row against the concrete barrier top level. Siren sounds and Tigerland winds up and the stand starts to bounce.
Exquisite.

Reactions: 2 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Killers Pre Game 2017
Kikkers Post Game 2017
Of all the iconic Aussie rock songs the Killers could have chosen, singing Forgotten Years is such a symbolic song for every Richmond supporter when you look back at it. Made me think of all the drama and *smile* through the late 80s and 90s and that we should never forget those years

Reactions: 12 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Still can't believe the arrogance of the crows thinking by how much and booking a seat for the cup that gave us fire in our belly.
I rewatched ‘17 the other day and most of the Crows players looked like they were shitting themselves during the anthem, whereas our boys looked fairly relaxed. The look on Tex’s face when we didn’t react to their stupid power stance or attempted stare down was priceless.

Reactions: 5 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
I rewatched ‘17 the other day and most of the Crows players looked like they were shitting themselves during the anthem, whereas our boys looked fairly relaxed. The look on Tex’s face when we didn’t react to their stupid power stance or attempted stare down was priceless.
That was the moment I knew the Tigers had it over the Crows.

richards42

making the crowd roar
Sep 15, 2005
Gold Coast
I’m working at Roxby Downs South Aussie at the moment doing fifo. Like normal when having a beer I’ll wear one of many Tiger shirts. A Crows supporter asked me how could they play so badly on one day. He was still in disbelief.
I said think about it, we smashed everyone in that final series not just the crows and that form has held up well over the next 3 seasons. He nodded as if a light had just been switched on inside his brain.

• Love
  • Haha

Jake

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
I’m working at Roxby Downs South Aussie at the moment doing fifo. Like normal when having a beer I’ll wear one of many Tiger shirts. A Crows supporter asked me how could they play so badly on one day. He was still in disbelief.
I said think about it, we smashed everyone in that final series not just the crows and that form has held up well over the next 3 seasons. He nodded as if a light had just been switched on inside his brain.
The thing I wonder about, did they send anybody over to watch the PF?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Dimma's little move to break the boys away before the end of the anthem worked brilliantly. Crows were just standing there staring down, um, no one. You could see the look of confusion on Tex's face. Not a quick enough thinker to react to our unexpected move.

And then Towner tackled Crouch...

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
One thing this discussion reminds me is how I would love to see the club prioritise members who haven't had the chance to be at the Grand Final yet.

So when the ticket allocation comes out for each level of membership, anyone who hasn't attended gets priority in that group. It's just not the same if you are not at the game.

Bookmark my reply, I actually agree with TBR on something.

I was the in 2017. The greatest day of my life.

I truely hope every Tiger member gets the chance to see our team win a flag.

I actually hope every AFL club member gets that chance. We all invest so much in our game.

Reactions: 1 users

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Right you are. Bloody Martin, nothing but a passenger.
Tiges 20pts up 29 minutes into the 3rd quarter, game still in a bit of doubt - Dusty goals. 34 minute mark of the 3rd - Dusty goals. Just 1 minute into the 4th - Dusty goals. Three in a row, three in 7 minutes of footy to D Martin. Tiges lead now 37 pts and game over. Dusty tried to influence the game, he really tried man :mhihi

Last edited:

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
was there that night. Beautiful. How brutal were we defensively? So much pressure and relentless tackling. Need to get that back this year.
As that year went on what became obvious was this was a different Richmond. When we brought that heat there was no team that could go with us.
In hindsight our MO was that eventually that pressure wore teams down. Some could go with us for a while, a half or even 3 quarters and when you look at our 2nd half stats you can see that. In the finals it is stark, we led by less than 10 points at halftime in all 3 finals but had a combined winning margin in the final series of 135 points.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
As that year went on what became obvious was this was a different Richmond. When we brought that heat there was no team that could go with us.
In hindsight our MO was that eventually that pressure wore teams down. Some could go with us for a while, a half or even 3 quarters and when you look at our 2nd half stats you can see that. In the finals it is stark, we led by less than 10 points at halftime in all 3 finals but had a combined winning margin in the final series of 135 points.

You're right, SinTiger, it really was a different Richmond ... a red hot Tiger team that was a sight to behold.

• Love

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Dusty, Dusty...DUSTY !!!!!!
Where's the Kaboom. There was meant to be an earth shattering Kaboom. Well at least there was earth shattering release at Tigerland. Nearly forty years of frustration spent in a moment of bliss.

• Love

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Where's the Kaboom. There was meant to be an earth shattering Kaboom. Well at least there was earth shattering release at Tigerland. Nearly forty years of frustration spent in a moment of bliss
It is one of my favourite moments in the commentary, even though Basil is usually so annoying.
The other one I really love is when Jack kicks the goal which snuffs out the Giants finally. There is a bald guy shown near the cheer squad who represented all of us letting out a gigantic PHEW …:LOL: