Thomson Dow | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thomson Dow

I liked his game today, showed about of zip around the contest. Had a few rushed disposals after winning the ball in congestion which can be forgiven. He came off, went down into the rooms and came back on for a few minutes before they subbed him off so hopefully that shows his injury isn't severe and more of an annoyance than anything.

Reckon he still needs to put on a bit of muscle though.

Yeah I liked his game too. He's not super quick but he has a little burst and evasiveness out of the clearance. 9 contested possessions and 5 clearances from 68% TOG.

Reactions: 5 users
Put in a good competitive effort and if not badly injured should be selected for a run of games over the next few rounds.
Needs an opportunity to develop some confidence and settle into playing senior footy.
Give him a decent run at it and let's see what he's got to offer.

Reactions: 3 users
i thought he was great in the centre bounces, especially teamed with soldo

Reactions: 2 users
leading the team in clearances today,

is not an insignificant statistic.

Reactions: 11 users
Think he was leading us for clearances before he got hurt.
14 disp, 9 contested 2nd for clearances in game with 5 (team high). Green 1st with 6. Was subbed out, holding his knee when he went down, he was able to get off the ground himself tho so hopefully just a knock

Thought he contributed. Has some tricks. Gets bumped off the ball a bit to easily but with time hecwill develop that side of his game.

Thought he was great. Yes his stats line isn’t that impressive but his speed & nimbleness around the packs made a noticeable difference to our midfield.

Pace. Pace is what our midfield has been lacking. Thomson brings that. Persist.

Reactions: 11 users
He played pretty well but i doubt he plays when we are at full strength. Can see why guys like Dow (Lipinski from Bulldogs is a good example) change clubs to get regular game time. You have to be an absolute elite junior to break into a strong team (a la Bolton and Balta).

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users
Electric feet, as TOO said, nibleness.
Best if he gives off by hand instead of kicking, kicking may improve a bit once he gets more exposure and becomes more comfortable with the pace of the game at AFL level.

Reactions: 1 user
I was sitting right behind the Richmond bench, he actually ran off the ground, was examined in the rooms, and I thought he was coming back on because he was up on the boundary looking to get back on, had a drink while standing near the boundary line, then about 2 mins later he sat down and then Aarts went on...feeling it was a choice to put Aarts on for fresh legs and not take any risk with Dow...the way he ran off didn't seem to be a structural issue

Reactions: 9 users
I was sitting right behind the Richmond bench, he actually ran off the ground, was examined in the rooms, and I thought he was coming back on because he was up on the boundary looking to get back on, had a drink while standing near the boundary line, then about 2 mins later he sat down and then Aarts went on...feeling it was a choice to put Aarts on for fresh legs and not take any risk with Dow...the way he ran off didn't seem to be a structural issue
Very plausible reasoning @bpchia hope you are spot on!

Reactions: 1 user
Love to see Prestia back out there but rushing him back after hamstring tightness? Let Dow have another go if not injured.

Reactions: 5 users