Thomson Dow | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thomson Dow

yo_eddy

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 18, 2023
I feel sorry for Dow. I think it's all between his ears and he looks nervous. At his best he has enough going for him to be a useful player but sadly there are others pushing for his spot who look a better bet. At this point in time I'd rather play MRJ in the middle. McAuliffe knocking the door down.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
He looked good in the pre season game v Dees but hasn't got near that level since. We can't keep him in the team getting 12 touches a game as a mid

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
He looked good in the pre season game v Dees but hasn't got near that level since. We can't keep him in the team getting 12 touches a game as a mid
1 possession for the entire 1st quarter. How long before he got his first in the 3 rd quarter ? 10 mins ? Not sure.

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003
It’s less about what he does with ball, he’s just so slow when we don’t have the ball. He’s a plodder and gets burned on the rebound and centre breaks. Just not a modern AFL midfielder. Kicking not up to scratch. Maybe it was late 90’s or early 2000’s he’d make the cut but not these days with the speed of the game.

Reactions: 5 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Forgot to mention Fat ass wines run past him

Just mentioned that in the game day thread, thats when his papers were stamped in my view, jogging after Wines who he made look like a greyhound. If he wasn't busting his arse to get back then it doesn't mean enough to him when he may well have been playing for his career today.

No defensive running
Doesn't win enough ball
Can't kick, couldn't make the distance from 40m out

Not good enough, seen enough. McAuliffe please.

Reactions: 3 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
1 possession for the entire 1st quarter. How long before he got his first in the 3 rd quarter ? 10 mins ? Not sure.

Only had 2 touches in the last too. Can't be picked on 1 quarter of footy. Back to the 2's and then the job centre at the end of the year.

Reactions: 1 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
He's been in the system 5 years now.

23 centre bounce attendances.
1 centre clearance
12 Possessions in 96 minutes.

Not midfielder numbers.

Reactions: 8 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

1 centre clearance

Not midfielder numbers.

The thing for me is if that was 1 game, I'd be inclined to say it was just a bad game, but his stats have been identical for this for each of the 3 games. He's just not good enough.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv

1 centre clearance

Not midfielder numbers.
That’s just terrible.

We have a lot of limited players on our list and I put him in the top quartile in that respect.

Mantikorr

Tiger Superstar
Apr 26, 2006
Yeah I've been a fan of keeping him in but he was garbage today. Too soft, brushed aside way too easily and his opponent bursts off him too easily. He has to get his hands in the ball first or he's just a witches hat. Back to the twos time

Reactions: 2 users

Feeling Tigerish

Tiger Champion
Apr 11, 2009
Was willing to hold fire on him, and give him an extended run at it. But it’s starting to look like he’s a delist at years end.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Dow and Hugo both in their 5th years and both are list cloggers' and both should've been gone over the past season or two.

The 2019 draft was not a good one for the RFC,, the club won the flag in emphatic fashion but the recruiters missed with pretty much every shot they took apart from Cumbo who still has question marks on him..

Marlion Mid season the only positive but we are talking November draft.

Tigers lost Butler and Bobble 2 pacey runners and replaced them with these 2 spuds along with Will Martyn (bigger Spud ) and Biggy Nyuon. Hubris drafting this draft has helped to land the club where it is now.

If Clarke was responsible for this draft then him going to WA is not a bad result.

Leave them both in the VFL for the rest of the season and promote others who have more about them.

McAuliffe, Sonsie, Jud , Coult , Smithy and Green let them have at it, they all offer either more speed or more skill.

Reactions: 5 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Dow and Hugo both in their 5th years and both are list cloggers' and both should've been gone over the past season or two.

The 2019 draft was not a good one for the RFC,, the club won the flag in emphatic fashion but the recruiters missed with pretty much every shot they took apart from Cumbo who still has question marks on him..

Marlion Mid season the only positive but we are talking November draft.

Tigers lost Butler and Bobble 2 pacey runners and replaced them with these 2 spuds along with Will Martyn (bigger Spud ) and Biggy Nyuon. Hubris drafting this draft has helped to land the club where it is now.

If Clarke was responsible for this draft then him going to WA is not a bad result.

Leave them both in the VFL for the rest of the season and promote others who have more about them.

McAuliffe, Sonsie, Jud , Coult , Smithy and Green let them have at it, they all offer either more speed or more skill.
I think this draft and the RCD draft were just shallow for talent. Retrospectively, not many amethyst in the rough let alone diamond. It's hurting us though. No doubt

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I was ok with them giving him a decent run at it because we had to find out after a promising preseason.
That said after 3 games it's clear now he's well short as an AFL midfielder. Just too many deficiencies.
McAuliffe to take his spot.

Reactions: 7 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Maybe it was late 90’s or early 2000’s he’d make the cut but not these days with the speed of the game.

In the 90s and 00's, he would have been weak over the ball, unable to stick a regulation tackle, unaccountable at stoppage, and not very involved in the game

Hes quite simply not an afl footballer. He never got near to being one, and wont ever.

Thats not to say hes a bad person, with a great family, who has better spacial awareness and athletic traits than 99.9% of the regular population.

Hes just not up to AFL standard

He wont feel too bad; He would have made made as much money in five years at richmond as ive made in my whole working life. And his job would have been heaps easier and more fun than mine.

Should be mixing concrete or selling cars or something in 2025

Last edited:

RUNVS

Tiger Superstar
Aug 10, 2008
It’s less about what he does with ball, he’s just so slow when we don’t have the ball. He’s a plodder and gets burned on the rebound and centre breaks. Just not a modern AFL midfielder. Kicking not up to scratch. Maybe it was late 90’s or early 2000’s he’d make the cut but not these days with the speed of the game.
"it's less about what he does with the ball" LMFAO, he doesn't get the F*****N thing.

• Haha