Thoroughbred racing | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thoroughbred racing

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
That’s the spirit but I don’t think you will get overs!

MJ had every chance but Darminin had to just about de-ear her to get her to sprint

2nd up lethargy? A month between runs not working as a 4YO?

I still think she'll win the CP,

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
He never gave My Pendant a chance.

He never gave My Pendant a chance.
Yes, watching the race live i thought she got Willowed.
But after watching a replay, i thought she was given every chance. Willow produced her at the right time, she looked to hit a flat spot about 300 out, but then finished the race off very well. The barrier draw didn't help her, she's a good mare.

Last edited:

Tiger44

Tiger Superstar
Sep 23, 2005
I know Craig Williams is a Tigers supporter, but he Willowed her.

Yes, watching the race live i thought she got Willowed.
But after watching a replay, i thought she was given every chance. Willow produced her at the right time, she looked to hit a flat spot about 300 out, but then finished the race off very well. The barrier draw didn't help her, she's a good mare.
Couldn’t really blame Willo. Barrier dictated she go back (she usually settles back anyway). The track was pretty firm and did no favours for those coming down the outside/middle of the track. Her sectionals were very good, second best behind Fidelia. Difference between them was that Fidelia went through the field near the inside My Pendant went around them (and covered lots of extra ground). Also got a hit on the head from. D Yendall that didn’t help. On reflection very pleased with her run, was a Group 2 after all. Next run will be either Stock Stakes on GF Eve at the Valley (1600m) or back to Flemington for 1400m on 5 October.

Queen Leonora to go around at Sale Thursday - each way but not over keen. Fabric at Caulfield next week, hope she gets a run as a benchmark 90 and she is only a 71 rater. Will post more pre race when I know more.

Hopefully a big couple of weeks coming up, tigers at the ‘G and horses everywhere!

T44

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
Couldn’t really blame Willo. Barrier dictated she go back (she usually settles back anyway). The track was pretty firm and did no favours for those coming down the outside/middle of the track. Her sectionals were very good, second best behind Fidelia. Difference between them was that Fidelia went through the field near the inside My Pendant went around them (and covered lots of extra ground). Also got a hit on the head from. D Yendall that didn’t help. On reflection very pleased with her run, was a Group 2 after all. Next run will be either Stock Stakes on GF Eve at the Valley (1600m) or back to Flemington for 1400m on 5 October.

Queen Leonora to go around at Sale Thursday - each way but not over keen. Fabric at Caulfield next week, hope she gets a run as a benchmark 90 and she is only a 71 rater. Will post more pre race when I know more.

Hopefully a big couple of weeks coming up, tigers at the ‘G and horses everywhere!

T44
Anymore on chance of the Queen mate? See it’s been well backed

Tiger44

Tiger Superstar
Sep 23, 2005
Anymore on chance of the Queen mate? See it’s been well backed
Can assure you it isnt my investment - on to $3.70 which is very short for a horse of her limited ability (imo). Around $5 thought a decent each way chance but at those odds will be watching.

Fabric in Race 4 on Saturday is around the $10 mark and drawn poorly - will hope to track the favourite and likely leader across so may not be too bad. Worth a $ each way at those odds. Is fit and ready - at her best would go close - just the four weeks between runs does not help.

Go tigers

T44

Reactions: 1 users

Tiger44

Tiger Superstar
Sep 23, 2005
Can assure you it isnt my investment - on to $3.70 which is very short for a horse of her limited ability (imo). Around $5 thought a decent each way chance but at those odds will be watching.

Fabric in Race 4 on Saturday is around the $10 mark and drawn poorly - will hope to track the favourite and likely leader across so may not be too bad. Worth a $ each way at those odds. Is fit and ready - at her best would go close - just the four weeks between runs does not help.

Go tigers

T44
What a weekend, just keeps getting better! Tigers did the right thing after a really poor first half. Had a great night with family sitting in Southern Stand. Had my grand daughter (Tess) over with daughter no 1 from Adelaide (both true tigers of course) she turned one about a month ago - managed to stay awake for the whole game - was enthralled by the crowd and the mad tiger support. She even stayed awake for the trip home to Richmond before going to bed about 11.30pm. Not one grizzle - she's a champ!

On to today and Fabric does the right thing and salutes at juicy odds at the Heath. Didn't go to the track as had to take Tess and her mum to airport but did barrack fairly hard all the way down the straight. Race panned out as I hoped and she showed good fighting qualities.

To top it off my old local team Vermont won EFL Premier Division against Blackburn and then Giants managed to hold on to beat the scum.

Last piece of the jigsaw is tickets in the ballot but was lucky to get them in 2017 so won't be shattered to miss out.

Go Tigers!!!!!!

T44

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
What a weekend, just keeps getting better! Tigers did the right thing after a really poor first half. Had a great night with family sitting in Southern Stand. Had my grand daughter (Tess) over with daughter no 1 from Adelaide (both true tigers of course) she turned one about a month ago - managed to stay awake for the whole game - was enthralled by the crowd and the mad tiger support. She even stayed awake for the trip home to Richmond before going to bed about 11.30pm. Not one grizzle - she's a champ!

On to today and Fabric does the right thing and salutes at juicy odds at the Heath. Didn't go to the track as had to take Tess and her mum to airport but did barrack fairly hard all the way down the straight. Race panned out as I hoped and she showed good fighting qualities.

To top it off my old local team Vermont won EFL Premier Division against Blackburn and then Giants managed to hold on to beat the scum.

Last piece of the jigsaw is tickets in the ballot but was lucky to get them in 2017 so won't be shattered to miss out.

Go Tigers!!!!!!

T44
That's what I a call a great weekend T44, only a win next weekend after getting a ticket in the ballot could top that.

Tiger44

Tiger Superstar
Sep 23, 2005
That's what I a call a great weekend T44, only a win next weekend after getting a ticket in the ballot could top that.
Just a win next weekend Tman will be fine!

On the horse front My Pendant may go around at the Valley Friday night in the Stocks Stakes - WFA for mares over 1600m. Might be a great start to the weekend.

T44

Tiger44

Tiger Superstar
Sep 23, 2005
Have belatedly filled part 1 of that tigerman - got tickets in the afterthought ballot this morning. Now need the boys to fulfill the prophecy! And (Tiger) Tess is coming back from Adelaide for the game.

ps My Pendant not going around at the Valley Friday night - shame as would have been a great distraction GF Eve.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I like Sunlight tonight but feel like i should back peaheart nature strip.

Backed it in this race last year when everything was going wrong

This year everythings going right.

Thoughts?

Suspect yucatan too good for these too

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Good call. Backed NS for the first time ever tonight and duly saluted. Yucatan needs blinkers, perhaps have a crack then.

kb68

Tiger Rookie
Jul 23, 2003
Hobart
Was at the valley last night . Backed loving gaby and cleaned up on largerfield .
Best part though was meeting KB , Sheedy and the duck .

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
If homesman wins im gonna get a brainscan to see if i have the bit that controls losing?

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
That's it. I'm done for the spring. In fact, I think I'm over horses, for good.

I reckon theres been a quantum leap in chemistry scotty.

Multiple 100-1 g1 winners is anomalous

And makes it difficult for us.

I might have a spell until the VRC hire a new chemist too