Thoroughbred racing | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thoroughbred racing

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Mr Quickie, or a sauced-up disposable 8 or 9yo gelding

Are the only things that could stop MJ winning The Turnbull on Saturday.

We should get 5/2 as well.

Tiger44

Tiger Superstar
Sep 23, 2005
Now that the other stuff (football) is over for a while the focus is on to the horses for me. In a first for me I have two in the same race at Flemington Saturday, both My Pendant and Fabric in the Blazer Stakes (Group 2) over 1400m. My Pendant drew nicely in 5 and Fabric poorly in 11. C Williams had the choice and in my opinion chose wisely and picked My Pendant. Both have form around Fidelia which is $3.20 favourite, yet My Pendant was $19 and Fabric $26. My Pendant had similar sectionals to Fidelia last start except one went up the inside (Fidelia) and My Pendant went around them in what seemed inferior ground. From the good draw reckon she will sit midfield rather than at rear and if gets the breaks may take some holding out. At $19 certainly worth a dollar each way.

Don't want to pot Mystic Journey but reckon Mr Quickie will be strong at the end. Just not convinced (yet) that MJ is a 2000m horse. Happy to be proven wrong (again) on Saturday.

How good is it being a tiger! Will certainly have the tiger tie out on Saturday.

T44

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
History tells me to be very cautious of post-premiership

Form guide dyslexia.

Plus theres a genius maverick chemist on the loose in Melbourne this spring

so i will punt the Group races conservatively on Saturday. 3 bets

Sunlight in the straight 6
MJ in the Turnbull, and
Te Aku Shark in The Epsom.

Tiger44

Tiger Superstar
Sep 23, 2005
Fabric not quite right so trainer has done the right thing and scratched her and sent her to the paddock for a brief spell. Is quietly confident My Pendant will measure up and is in excellent condition. Will need the breaks go her way but same could be said for any horse in the race.

Good punting all

T44

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Fabric not quite right so trainer has done the right thing and scratched her and sent her to the paddock for a brief spell. Is quietly confident My Pendant will measure up and is in excellent condition. Will need the breaks go her way but same could be said for any horse in the race.

Good punting all

T44

Good luck T44, i hope she gets up for you, it will make her a good breeding proposition.

Jake

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
History tells me to be very cautious of post-premiership

Form guide dyslexia.

Plus theres a genius maverick chemist on the loose in Melbourne this spring

so i will punt the Group races conservatively on Saturday. 3 bets

Sunlight in the straight 6
MJ in the Turnbull, and
Te Aku Shark in The Epsom.

Waller will be up to something in the Sharks race.

Last edited:

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
All aboard the Mystic Journey train today!!

Unsuited at weights but confident too good. If wins can’t see her being beaten in 3 weeks time!!

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Waller will be up to something in the Sharks race.

No doubt jake but i reckon from an outside gate and with weight reliefJmac will be able to sit back and swing around em Chatauqua style

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

Unsuited at weights but confident too good. If wins can’t see her being beaten in 3 weeks time!!

Im on leysy. Think the extra 400m down the big straight, she could lift off with 100m to go

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Waller having a day out, 8 winners in Sydney and Melbourne so far with a few races to go.
Three group one's in Sydney and got the quinella in the group one in Melbourne. Two group 2 winners, a group 3 and a bench mark 88.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

wasn't the best ride darmanin's done.

(never seen the point of swinging out 6 wide on the turn, then looking for a split .... either ride for luck or go around em all)

but her best was late.

Ill be taking the 8's on odder in The Plate.

ride her close and I reckon she wins.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Yes mate, poor ride today, though if they pushed forward it was likely given a gut buster.

Never a chance at the turn given the way they sprinted home.

Importantly hit the line hard. The Plate is still on.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Yes mate, poor ride today, though if they pushed forward it was likely given a gut buster.

Never a chance at the turn given the way they sprinted home.

Importantly hit the line hard. The Plate is still on.

If she was ours, i think wed be on the phone to Olly.

He wouldnt have sat there getting bullied by mr quickie

And he wouldve made room on the turn.

A month ago i thought shed win the CP irregardless.

Now i think she needs luck, which i think shell get.

#note: im testing a theory that when a trainer utters the phrase 'win, lose or draw' about a heavily favoured chance, it never wins or draws.

Early data only but 0 from 7.

Tiger44

Tiger Superstar
Sep 23, 2005
My Pendant did as expected and finished alongside Fidelia - only problem - there were 6 other horses ahead of them at the finish! Reckon she may be just off this class of horse, perhaps to Listed level but not Group 2. No shame in that plenty of good races and prizemoney available at the lower level. She is off for a spell and back in December/January (same as Fabric).

Queen Leonora to go around at Bendigo Wednesday will be a good chance without seeing field etc, not for mine though. Will appreciate the 2400m.

Not sure what to make of MJ - they certainly ensured she would run the 2000m but then had no chance of winning. Reckon the high pressure of a Cox Plate might be questionable but I guess you are going to get $7+ to find out.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Not sure what to make of MJ - they certainly ensured she would run the 2000m but then had no chance of winning. Reckon the high pressure of a Cox Plate might be questionable but I guess you are going to get $7+ to find out.

just watched the replay several times.

It looks too me like John Allen rode Mr.Quickie with one purpose in mind.

Hinder Mystic Journey.

Darminan tries to push up, so does Allen. Darminan pulls back, so does Allen. the entire race. while they are ambling out the front. He gives her a couple of hip and shoulders into the rail for good measure.

I have no doubt if it was Bowman on Winx, Allen would have ridden a mile with a busted nose

Then when MJ finally gets out at the 200m, she runs the fastest of all of them.

Im going to stick with her in The Plate, and we could get double figures.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Considering the days racing pattern i was surprised that MJ's trainer was wanting her to be midfield or slightly worse after settling.
Should be a cracking Cox Plate, i'm on Homesman at $26 and Verry Elleggant at $51. After the way she won yesterday i think Waller might start Verry Elleggant in the Caulfield Cup :mad:

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
My Pendant did as expected and finished alongside Fidelia - only problem - there were 6 other horses ahead of them at the finish! Reckon she may be just off this class of horse, perhaps to Listed level but not Group 2. No shame in that plenty of good races and prizemoney available at the lower level. She is off for a spell and back in December/January (same as Fabric).

She's a good mare T44, but you might be right about what level she is. Yesterday was the same as the the start before, when popped the question she seems to hit a flat spot, and then works home quite well.