Thoroughbred racing | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thoroughbred racing

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Considering the days racing pattern i was surprised that MJ's trainer was wanting her to be midfield or slightly worse after settling.

I won't be at all surprised if she has a new bloke steering in the cox plate.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I won't be at all surprised if she has a new bloke steering in the cox plate.
Would be a tough break for him as he said he was riding to Trinder's instructions, though he might have settled a little bit further back than Trinder envisaged.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Would be a tough break for him as he said he was riding to Trinder's instructions, though he might have settled a little bit further back than Trinder envisaged.

yeah it would be tough.

Its just me. I like a dirty jockey on my horse. If Frankie Dettori was on MJ, he would have weighed in with Allen's teeth in his elbow.

Ideally, MJ draws 5 in The Plate, and sits one off the fence, 3 horses back.

I still think if she can get that spot, she wins.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Loved this.

Thanks for posting scotty.

The grey flash was never the same after Hong Kong.
He threw a couple of shoes before the race and they used a nose tie on him to re-shoe him. A nose tie would be just as cruel as a jigger imo.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
good story Scotty.

I'd love an old legend racehorse chewing grass on my farm. How do you go about adopting one?

(note; I do not want some bag of bones that come 2nd in the Tatatura Cup, I'm thinking Hartnell or the like :D I want a story)

Flit my bet (and 3/4 of punters) today.

Ive come 2nd in five g1's this spring and am hoping she turns it around for me.

aim to go all up MJ in The Plate. On KWD in the CC at this stage but havnt analysed the OS form yet.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Like a few today.

Race 2 Rox the Castle*
Race 5 Super Titus
Race 7 Homesman
Race 8 Soul Patch
Race 9 Amphitrite
Race 10 Trekking *

Stars are the leysy load ups!!

GL all!!

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Sorry missed my best one The Inevitable race 8 syd

Another star out of Tas. Get on!!!

Good day for the thread leysy. 4 special from 4.

forget the coffee van, blokes could retire just following this thread

And weve got a mitful of bookies cash for mj

show no mercy; *smile* the bookies up

Last edited:

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Who needs pillows ET. We're sleeping on pillows of dirty sweet bookies lucre.

Showed them no mercy today. How good The Inevitable!!!

All star bets salute!!!! As did your Flit!! Shaaaweeeeetttt!!!

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Who needs pillows ET. We're sleeping on pillows of dirty sweet bookies lucre.

Showed them no mercy today. How good The Inevitable!!!

All star bets salute!!!! As did your Flit!! Shaaaweeeeetttt!!!

How are you feeling about MJ in the Plate Leysy?

I didnt really see anything that would beat her yesterday and my confidence is growing.

Tiger44

Tiger Superstar
Sep 23, 2005
Good punting lads, did have a very good day but didn't post my best so no kudos for crowing after the event, so will leave it at that.

Still think MJ is suspect at a high pressure 2000m. Moonee Valley is a bit different and they tend to turn the pressure up a long way out so I have always preferred a horse that gets a bit further rather than one that you "expect" to get the distance. Interesting jockey dilemma also, not sure what I would do but must be tempting .... Having said that not sure any of the other locals are any better - will be looking closely at the internationals.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Good punting lads, did have a very good day but didn't post my best so no kudos for crowing after the event, so will leave it at that.

Still think MJ is suspect at a high pressure 2000m. Moonee Valley is a bit different and they tend to turn the pressure up a long way out so I have always preferred a horse that gets a bit further rather than one that you "expect" to get the distance. Interesting jockey dilemma also, not sure what I would do but must be tempting .... Having said that not sure any of the other locals are any better - will be looking closely at the internationals.

Her Achilles heel that I see is her lack of flexibility in race pattern.

I think if she can sit outside a horse, stride freely and build her airplane runway takeoff (its a build not a burst) from 600m, she wins comfortably.

Winx aside, I reckon its the weakest Cox Plate ive seen for years and we havnt seen 6-1 (could get 9's?) for the best horse in a WFA feature for years

I dont want to pot Darmanin ( his only crime was a little passiveness in the Turnbull, but maybe he wasn't meant to win it?),

but I would be putting twice as much on if Olly or Bowman were aboard.

Note: I had a vivid dream that Dusty rode Humidor to a hand and heels victory in the CP. 5 lengths drawing away. not bad carrying 90kg. His stakes run on Saturday was solid and I'll definitely have a little saver on him.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Note: I had a vivid dream that Dusty rode Humidor to a hand and heels victory in the CP. 5 lengths drawing away. not bad carrying 90kg. His stakes run on Saturday was solid and I'll definitely have a little saver on him.

He'll give you a good run for your money easy, Humidor loves the Valley, has only had two starts there for a 2nd and 3rd behind Winx.
The tight turning track seems to suit his syle, he doesn't lay-in as is his want, im on at $51.

Still getting over the Thousand Guineas, was on Missile Mantra at $26, she got beat a pimple:mad:

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Still getting over the Thousand Guineas, was on Missile Mantra at $26, she got beat a pimple:mad:

I mentally discarded by Flit ticket with 50m to go.

It was pretty easy to retrieve.

We need to start the CC conversation.

I like Turnbull form in the CC and cant split KWD and Finche. KwD's sprint has me leaning toward him and the handicapper has been kind to him.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Jeez I reckon Waller is dodgy in where he places his horses.

I didnt back KWD pre-post, but heaps would have, and heaps would have him in cups doubles.

he's 3rd favourite, and waller pulls him.

same bloke owns KWD as Finche.

Finche probably wins the CC. KWD will not win the CP. I bet he doesn't even start .

I avoid pre-post betting these days, but I wont back Waller horses pre-post. Hes *smile* my arse several times.

Tiger44

Tiger Superstar
Sep 23, 2005
Wary of the Japanese horse but probably going to back Vow and Declare (provided it draws inside 10). Currently about $11. Was excellent in the Turnbull and will appreciate the extra 400m. Main query is whether it has the miles in the legs or is better off on first Tuesday in November. Each way - after barrier draw!

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Jeez I reckon Waller is dodgy in where he places his horses.

I didnt back KWD pre-post, but heaps would have, and heaps would have him in cups doubles.

he's 3rd favourite, and waller pulls him.

same bloke owns KWD as Finche.

Finche probably wins the CC. KWD will not win the CP. I bet he doesn't even start .

I avoid pre-post betting these days, but I wont back Waller horses pre-post. Hes ****** my arse several times.

Yeah Ezy It's hard to get a read on Waller.

I do love All In betting though.

Have had a bit of success with it, but i only punt All In when i've had a good collect.

My Golden rule is to make sure the horse is nominated for the race.

< Movies | NRL >